These Post Titles ?

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
^^ .... what's the exact post account for the highest title without getting it customized, on BW Forum Diety was the highest afaik, before it was Talks too much ! then Brentford Resident then Phnarrgos Resident then Penge Resident, whats the post cound etc for FH? cheers

Silverwolf

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know the answer to your question. However I think post count titles just promote spamming, or post count farming, or whatever you want to call it. Wouldn't it be better to get rid of them altogether? That might increase the credibility of these kind of forums as discussion forums, and not another place to accumulate stuff, like RPs & Realm Ranks, XP, GP, or craft level. What does the post count title actually mean to anyone?... sure, it would identify the moderators and GOA peeps which is useful... but the rest of us?

bigmammas

Fledgling Freddie
I'm still a pawn but it wont keep me from posting my views/advice on stuff if they get rid off those postranks or whatever y call em...

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno the new Ranks but Thor is 100 posts I've found out <ohh the shame>

hrodelbert

Loyal Freddie
for too long i havn't been given my deserved custom title of pinkeh! oh the shame :(

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Blondy said:
^^ .... what's the exact post account for the highest title without getting it customized, on BW Forum Diety was the highest afaik, before it was Talks too much ! then Brentford Resident then Phnarrgos Resident then Penge Resident, whats the post cound etc for FH? cheers

BW was:
Penge Resident
Brentford Resident (20+ posts)
Phnarrgos Resident (100+ posts)
Talks too Much! (500+ posts)
Earther (1200+ posts)
Forum Diety (3000+ posts)
Wij Wannabe (10000+ posts)

Here its:
Pawn
Aim
Sun
Thor
Witch
Werewolf
Viking
(There is no one higher than Viking as far as Im aware)

I do not know the exact post counts for this forum, however if you post to gain post count titles then you will soon achieve the grand title of 'Banned from Freddyshouse'. :p

Silverwolf said:
I don't know the answer to your question. However I think post count titles just promote spamming, or post count farming, or whatever you want to call it. Wouldn't it be better to get rid of them altogether? That might increase the credibility of these kind of forums as discussion forums, and not another place to accumulate stuff, like RPs & Realm Ranks, XP, GP, or craft level. What does the post count title actually mean to anyone?... sure, it would identify the moderators and GOA peeps which is useful... but the rest of us?
With regards to this comment, I think that Deebs and Bigfoot still want people to care about their title, as it will hopefully lead to more people paying the £10 to get a custom title. As far as I'm aware that £10 donation is the sole income this forum recieves, so to keep it running it really needs sad people like myself who are prepared to pay - just to get a nicer title.

Silverwolf

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
With regards to this comment, I think that Deebs and Bigfoot still want people to care about their title, as it will hopefully lead to more people paying the £10 to get a custom title. As far as I'm aware that £10 donation is the sole income this forum recieves, so to keep it running it really needs sad people like myself who are prepared to pay - just to get a nicer title.
I'm such a n00b!... I didn't even know you could pay to have a custom title as upkeep for the forums! Well, I'm all for people paying their money for custom titles to keep these forums going, but I'm still against people raking up posts to get a new post-rank. Thanks for educating me... I might have to go away and think up a custom title for myself! :D Although, I'm sure people who know me will have their own ideas! :eek7:

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, Silverwolf- your right, highest post count meens ur the biggest spammer, (Werewolf) :p it will probably be the same post counts as BW :kissit:

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz, how many posts is that mr spammer?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
This is No.501. You can tell by searching for more posts by this user.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Post count title have now been changed, there are now only three apparantly.

Fledgling Freddie
Regular Freddie

The third is unknown, the fewer titles is probably to put lesser emphasis on post count.

Edit: Third is Scrounging Bastard. Apparantly.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
how can lox possibly have got a good reputation again :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Damn it anyone that knows me, knows I'm a scrounging bastard :(

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
i'd pay for a custom title... not for the ske of avin a name but to keep the forums running.. tis a great reason to give a contribution.

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Bels - givf my own post title, saying, erm, think of one for me :D:D but i dont have to donate 10quid do i?

Silverwolf

Fledgling Freddie
I suppose there's a certain strange kind of irony in a thread about anti-postcount and poster titles turning into a place for people to +1. :eek6: . The irony is appreciated! :D

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Silverwolf said:
I suppose there's a certain strange kind of irony in a thread about anti-postcount and poster titles turning into a place for people to +1. :eek6: . The irony is appreciated! :D

Sure is

+1 :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom