The Zealot - Albion's new class

Velimos McDuff

Fledgling Freddie
Im not looking foward to catacombs.. think all the new classes are going to make meny of the old ones usless.. yes there will still be a use but not as much the zealot sounds like its going to have heals and focus shilds..... would that mean a end for the need of clerics as much? i think it might end up like the valewalker? great in pve but not to great in pvp. of corse they say it will be good but they are mythic after all and.. well i still dont have much hope and faith hehe Never know they might make it right they might make it amazing and realy fun with new classes not being like bds/savages were on release of si.

Jeeves

Banned
How on earth did you ever join the Templars, without being able to use fullstops?:p

Jeeves

Banned
I'm probably wrong, and not exactly sure either, but I thought Valkyrie's had something to do with archers/hunters. Amazonian sort of hunter type type things, that use both bows and spears/shields. =o However..if that was right, it would pretty much be a clone of hunters, so I doubt it is.
Vampiir and Banshee specifically and Warlock to some extent, seem very interesting to me, don't know how others feel, but it seems that if those characters are implemented that it may mean alot more people join hib/mid on creation. =o

fortunefish

Banned
back 2 the evil cleric ....

acolites can use leather. so wen u turn level5 the degrade your abilitys down to cloth ?! and stop use of hammers ... ?

it duznt make sense and if it duz this is the first car they will ever have to do this for

apart from that a flex using life tapping hp transfer char seems fun :) and i think the spell lines will b like this

rejuvination- 2 normal heals 2hp transfers 1 HoT

enhance - self dmg add buff resists etc

dark ways or wahtever - lifetap debuffs? root ?

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
Oro said:
Zealot sounds like it will be a cross between a Friar, Valewalker and Reaver. Potentially interesting but tank classes are a big zzzz to me.

Can't say about the guesswork being done on the other new classes but Banshee and Valkyrie very plausable guesses. If true, then it will be interesting to see what Mythic make of the Banshee's famous wail. If Valkyrie turns out to be another tank class I can see lots of Mids being very pissed off but if Mythic are being true to the myth then they pretty much have to make these shield maidens. Paladins for Mid anyone?

i actually think banshee's are for hib...not for mid...they fit in with the other hib classes a lot better.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Jeeves said:
I'm probably wrong, and not exactly sure either, but I thought Valkyrie's had something to do with archers/hunters. Amazonian sort of hunter type type things, that use both bows and spears/shields. =o However..if that was right, it would pretty much be a clone of hunters, so I doubt it is.
Vampiir and Banshee specifically and Warlock to some extent, seem very interesting to me, don't know how others feel, but it seems that if those characters are implemented that it may mean alot more people join hib/mid on creation. =o

Valkyries were warrior maidens, they lived in Valhalla thus beeing a sort of demi-godesses or spirit beeings, where they attended Odin the father of the gods. Their main purpose was to ride to the sites of recent battles and collect the souls of those that had distinguished themselves as courageous warriors and honorable men. These they took with them to Vahalla where they would have a place at the tables of the gods. They were clad in bright mail, used sword, shield and spear and rode battle trained horses through the air.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Aithe said:
i actually think banshee's are for hib...not for mid...they fit in with the other hib classes a lot better.

I didn't actually say Banshees for Mid but granted it might not be clear from how I wrote it.

The Valkyries (I believe) carried the fallen from the battlefield and healed them so they could fight again, but were shield users, not sure what type of weapon. I suspect a paladin/shaman hybrid type.

Banshees would indeed fit in well with Hib, but it's the wail thats the defining element of banshees. If implemented well, this probably has the potential to be a very interesting class. The cry of a banshee was supposed to freeze men in their tracks. Sounds like potential for a CC class.

The idea of a stealth caster is potentially very unbalancing without making the class fairly weak and of no real value in RvR. WoW has had stealth removed from its mages (I think) recently as it was extremely overpowering and I can see it being the same situation in DAoC if it was implemented.

Zealots as evil clerics? Hmm, not sure how that would work in DAoC. D & D had a pretty good implementation of evil clerics in its p 'n' p version. I wonder if Mythic are aiming at that or as I said above a reaver/friar/valewalker hodge podge. If it turns out to be a pet class that raises undead I would definately play it, as pet classes have always been my thing. Who knows :)

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
isnt arawn(sp?) the god of the dead? so wouldnt that mean he wouldnt be wanting his "priests" to be rezing plp, purely from a role play point of view

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
As someone mentioned earlier think about it and good cleric heals so a bad cleric is the opposite and will probably utilise life taps and what not

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Shadoo said:
As someone mentioned earlier think about it and good cleric heals so a bad cleric is the opposite and will probably utilise life taps and what not

Zealots rej spec may be anti healing so disease, lifetaps etc could find there way in that spell line. Hybrid healers don't normally have 3 spell lines.

Shorty

Fledgling Freddie
this is how i got it:

vampiir valkyrie= mid

banshee warlock= hib

Cunnyfunt

Fledgling Freddie
ive been thinking about this class and i reckon they will give the zealot self buffs that make his attacks and spells proc a group heal. Sounds uber? i wouldnt put it past them :D

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
bah

great, so valk's sound like paladins probably as someone said..
bah i say :p, i sure hope not , warlock could turn out to be pretty damn cool though and banshee , as for vampiire , well that sounds like vampires which = lifetaps again, hey make em 4 second insta cast too might as well..
mind u who cares , i got a minstrel and its gonna pwn all the new classes still anyway :p

and yeah, in theory the new alb class dont sound very inviting, and like a film with continuity errors, glad u pointed out the acolyte/leather thing, because its true.

also note they said USE small shields not SPEC shield, so going 50 flex would be a waste for leviathan without the slam

jigsaw

Fledgling Freddie
Cunnyfunt said:
ive been thinking about this class and i reckon they will give the zealot self buffs that make his attacks and spells proc a group heal. Sounds uber? i wouldnt put it past them :D

would be nice to have a lifetap that returns health to the whole group.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
knighthood said:
also note they said USE small shields not SPEC shield, so going 50 flex would be a waste for leviathan without the slam

Why because all you do is Duel ppl?

Levi in an assist train or against support who do run is Still excellent. Also if you spec no shield will mean your Soul Rendering will be really high which means lots of damage, Better Absorb debuff / Dot / Insta life tap. Pretty much everything :). + the fact that with the unique Reaver RA in NF means you will hit alot closer to your cap if not the cap ;>. So there is reason :D

But ye Zealot sounds shit actually : /.

Banshee sounds like the alb version of a minstrel < stealth and shouts etc>

Isgaroth&Ths

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
like a frier
worse m8 cloth is not a good protection, well we albs r geting eaven more gimped and midgard and hibernia grow stronger hmmmmm!!!!!
and as u all know they will kill a few good RAs as fh for paladins the only thing that paladins could be proud off LONG LIVE MITHIC!!!!!
sounds like mithic is trying to kill albion.....

Isgaroth&Ths

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
Then mids will whine ^^
hehehe they will not they have 1 button abusers best known as bonedancers u know the big gimps with loads of skellos around them that like to camp amg in mornings and kil poor inocent albs passing around and they r usualy named heyugotabackbone :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom