The World Trade Center has been attacked!!!

S

S-Gray

I'll be watching that Firemans thing (Where they recorded the Firefighters inside the WTC).. looks interesting

E

Embattle

I'll be in America, no doubt they will have some stuff on regarding it.

O

old.Jas

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
I'll be watching that Firemans thing (Where they recorded the Firefighters inside the WTC).. looks interesting
Is that on TV? I've already seen a load of video on the net that hasn't been seen on TV

L

Lester

This is prolly true of a few of you but I heard the news while playin c.s. - A terrorist said "have you heard about the plane crashin into the WTC? Weird.

P

PR.

I found out about it when my tele turned on to wake me up and to remind me to watch Diagnosis murder :)

Neighbours finished and then it went straight to the News Flash

M

Munkey-

I found out about the next day. we diddnt have any TV channels at the time so was forced to play on meh PS2....

still wouldnt believe my mum till i saw it myself.

some intresting proggys on it on BBC World

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by PR.
I found out about it when my tele turned on to wake me up and to remind me to watch Diagnosis murder :)

That programme was so rubbish it was funny :)

P

PR.

Exactly great fun :)

Was what we used to skive of college to take the piss out of

M

Munkey-

apparently. there were 4 jets in the whole of the north united states defending the country. weaponless.

they had validated a command for the jets to crash into the jumbo's (suicide run) but they diddnt make it in time.

god almighty

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Munkey-
apparently. there were 4 jets in the whole of the north united states defending the country. weaponless.

they had validated a command for the jets to crash into the jumbo's (suicide run) but they diddnt make it in time.

god almighty

Where did you hear this??

I can't believe they would have only 4 jets and not be loaded with weapons...

E

Embattle

I wouldn't be surprised, that's American arrogance for u.

M

Munkey-

BBC World/PRIME. think it was world. special thingy ma jig

pilots were saying about what how they've gone through the flight plan again and again trying to see if they could get there faster. they wondered how it wouldve been if they had gotten there in time

C

Cod

Originally posted by PR.

Diagnosis murder is ace, with the catchy theme music and Dick Van Dyke!

S

S-Gray

yeah, DM was good, and that Quincy was a good one too

W

Wilier

Originally posted by PR.

I was at work, we were just doing the shift handover and my relief said that some dumb twat had flown a plane into the WTC, we thought a cesna or something, not 2 fuggin airliners.:(

U

Ukle

Originally posted by Munkey-

god almighty

No the 4 fighter planes guarding the north east United states were armed. The unarmed planes were the national guard etc that they scrambled after the first 3 planes hit.

It was a great program about those pilots, dont understand why they delayed scambling the 2nd pair until after the second plane had hit its target. Never know it might have been able to cover the 90 miles between them and when the third plane hit the pentagon, although hindsight etc is a wonderful thing.

It was shocking in a way about the 4th airliner, as the 3rd / 4th fighters who were now guarding Washington would of been there easily in time to shoot down the airliner so they would never of been able to hit there target.

F

FatBusinessman

It's a shame Bush is likely to ruin what would be a poignant moment next Wednesday with a speech slagging off Saddam Hussein.

I

Ivan.

Originally posted by Ukle
It was shocking in a way about the 4th airliner, as the 3rd / 4th fighters who were now guarding Washington would of been there easily in time to shoot down the airliner so they would never of been able to hit there target.

Maybe, but by the time they realised what was going on, they would have been right over the middle of New York anyway, and even then they probably wouldn't have expected them to do something like fly them into the towers. I would imagine shooting down a hijacked plane is one of the last options.

O

old.charliealpha

Wonder if anything bad will happen on sept 11th this year?

O

old.Jas

Summit bad is going to happen pretty soon methinks - probably not involving an airliner though

S

S-Gray

yeah, Planes will be Grounded on Sept 11th so they are prob gonna think of something else.. maybe a Bomb?

Also, That Documentary is on Sept 11th and is called 9/11. Its on BBC1 but i dunno what time, probably be around 8/9pm

M

monster.

Considering the amount of Jewish people in Florida it might well do.

X

xenon2000

Just re-read the whole of this thread...

Brings back some horrid yet intriguing memories. I remember watching the 2nd tower fall live and thinking "is this really happening?". Don't think that sense of confusion/shock will ever be replicated elsewhere.

And I know there won't be much else on peoples' minds when the day comes up again this year :/

S

S-Gray

Wasnt Florida the Place they learned to take Flying Lessons?

K

Kippa.

Originally posted by old.Jas
Summit bad is going to happen pretty soon methinks - probably not involving an airliner though

every terrorist in the world is gonna want to make themselves "famous" on the anniversary methinks :(

H

Hashmonster

brings back shocking memories - hearing it progressing while at work and trying to get some info thru the very slow net. Then being in total disbelief walking thru the door at home and seeing the TV and that plane going into the second tower, i will never forget those images

then as each day passed there would be more footage released that made it seem like some sort of hollywood film, all different angles :(

I've recorded quite a few of those documentry's about it along with the news footage that day, wasn't the fireman one on recently? on ch5?

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by old.Jas

Don't tempt fate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom