TV The Wire

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
just started watching a series called burn notice last night, thats really good.

just thought i'd try and contribute lol

I didn't mind it, really need to catch up with the latest series though.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
S2E06 was a big suprise
Did not see the murder of Diangelo coming, quite shocked as I expected him to be in it for many years.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just finished series 4 of the wire. Best series yet. Downloading series 5 tonight.

Sort of spoiler
That's the thing with the Wire, some people who you expect to live don't and it happens suddenly and brutally, there is no happy ending.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Loved the wire, omar especially was awesome - did NOT expect his story to finish the way it did

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Christ, Daniels is ripped, for an old dude he is in great shape.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Loved the wire, omar especially was awesome - did NOT expect his story to finish the way it did

Just seen this ep, bit of a let down. But will reserve judgement til i see rest of series.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Finished watching it last night. Ended well I thought.

Nice to see Bubbles get himself sorted out in the end :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just watched S03E11...

Can't believe they killed Stringer off, gutted. :(

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Well thts it saw last ep last nite bit disappointed in how some of the loose ends were tied up. But it woulda been shite i suppose if it was the typical
happily ever after crap.
mainly the reporter bit wanted tht bloke to diaf

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
well, what the fuck am i going to watch now, its all shit from here on end, i watched all the episodes, im even gopin to buy the box sets now, best program i have ever seen on tv..........

any suggestions please, i loved homicide life on the streets and now the wire, looks like hes doing somethnig about musicians after the new orleans flood or something next.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Any of Traci Lords 'early' work is worth watching.

Uara

Part of the furniture
well, what the fuck am i going to watch now, its all shit from here on end, i watched all the episodes, im even gopin to buy the box sets now, best program i have ever seen on tv..........

any suggestions please, i loved homicide life on the streets and now the wire, looks like hes doing somethnig about musicians after the new orleans flood or something next.

I think he did something called The Corner iirc only 6 episodes(i think) but pretty good!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
God damn that Snoop is one strange lookin motherfukin mope!

Almost done with season 4 now. :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Brooky, if you liked the wire then watch 'Sons of Anarchy'.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Don't like what they did with season 4 and so far season 5 is leaving me cold. :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Makers of the Wire also did Generation Kill... very different but also very good imho.

I've been watching Life recently and I'm enjoying that.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not happy, not happy at all.

Omar got taken out by some random kid, this season is begining to feel more and more like a rush job to end the story. :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not happy, not happy at all.

Omar got taken out by some random kid, this season is begining to feel more and more like a rush job to end the story. :(

Not at all, that is the beauty of the wire. Do you not see the irony behind those events?

the kid that killed omar is the same one that was playing outside the house where omar and his crew hit a drug house, when the woman died. He was pretending to be omar in that scene. The point of the wire is that no one wins, nothing changes, reality fucks with ambitions and dreams, and people settle.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I didn't recognise the kid to be honest but I still find the outcome unsatisfactory and now that I am only 2 episodes from the end I am really begining to feel like the end was rushed for whatever reason. I know the show was on a knifedge for years, it was practically cancelled a couple of times but it received massive critical acclaim and rightly so for the first 3 seasons but the last couple have left me feeling cold, it just doesn't seem as well thought out.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, if you feel that way I think you have missed the essence of the show. They storylines were never meant to be neatly wrapped up, no character is safe from the axe. The right people do not always win.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Meh, if you feel that way I think you have missed the essence of the show. They storylines were never meant to be neatly wrapped up, no character is safe from the axe. The right people do not always win.

You misunderstand me, I am comfortable with all those things, I just didn't like the direction it took later on and the characters felt diluted compared to seasons 1-3.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Have to say, I have just enjoyed watching the final episode.

Seeing Cheese get capped for selling out Prop Joe, watching Mike become the new Omar, poor Dukie becoming another Bubbles and Bubbles finally finding himself after 20 years of heroin abuse was really nice to see. What didn't sit so well was Marlo out on the streets again which kind of makes it feel unresolved, Wee-bay and Chris Partlow together in jail was a neat little twist too. All in all it achieved what it set out to do, it just didn't have the finesse of the early years but it still made for very entertaining TV.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Have to say, I have just enjoyed watching the final episode.

Seeing Cheese get capped for selling out Prop Joe, watching Mike become the new Omar, poor Dukie becoming another Bubbles and Bubbles finally finding himself after 20 years of heroin abuse was really nice to see. What didn't sit so well was Marlo out on the streets again which kind of makes it feel unresolved, Wee-bay and Chris Partlow together in jail was a neat little twist too. All in all it achieved what it set out to do, it just didn't have the finesse of the early years but it still made for very entertaining TV.

It's completely unresolved, like I said before, it's all futile as nothing changes. Back to a mayor who cares about nothing but their own ambitions, a chief of police who bows to the mayor. You have your new mcnulty in sydnor. The players in the game have all changed, but Marlo resisted the change that Springer and Prop Jo tried to engineer, the streets stay unchanged. As for Omar's death again - it's all in the game, Omar's character would not dispute his own death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom