The whole DaoC 2.0 hope

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Exactly!

It's not about changing something into a tank.

Look, i'll use the same example as before:

A tank(warrior) fights a healer.

Statistically(default) the tank wins a 100% of the time.

Let's not make the healer tank better(which would change the class), or make the warrior weaker(which would anger players), but let's make it so that the healer heals much more. Self heals, some such. Without changing the class, we now have a more surviving healer.

Get it?

Don't change the class, change what they do to the better. Or add some things that keep the class as it is, don't take away, but give that needed edge.

Nop, i cant get it. AoC is very pesky:

- an Aquilonian guardian hitting a cimmerian BS e.g: you make the BS heal for more, to balance the guardian dmg, but dont take into consideration that the Aquilonian guardian will also BE healed for more from his friendly BS grpm8....

Which leads to the next issue. Aquilonia have access to all archtypes of roles in the game, and access to almost all classes in game except the 3 mages:
- tanks (all types)
- ranged (ranger and PoM)
- healers (PoM and BS)

How do you balance that? Everything you change in any class except mages will also benefit Aquilonians.

Its simply not posible in AoC 2008.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sigh, i can't be arsed to explain it again.

I can't go into detailed AoC scenarios 'cause frankly, it doesn't matter in this situation.

The point was about creating balance, without giving "all all", and the possibility of this happening in a manner that would be done in the class description.

Which is possible.

And also, if you have different races, you can have racial benefits. As in, change the healers, don't change the Aquilonian healers.

Ofcourse there are loopholkes and "uber groups", but that's MMOs really, everyone can beat anyone with the right setup.

Even thoughm i do have ideas about balancing groups even :D

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Sigh, i can't be arsed to explain it again.

I can't go into detailed AoC scenarios 'cause frankly, it doesn't matter in this situation.

The point was about creating balance, without giving "all all", and the possibility of this happening in a manner that would be done in the class description.

Which is possible.

And also, if you have different races, you can have racial benefits. As in, change the healers, don't change the Aquilonian healers.

Ofcourse there are loopholkes and "uber groups", but that's MMOs really, everyone can beat anyone with the right setup.

Even thoughm i do have ideas about balancing groups even :D

I sigh too :(

While I'd like to have different classes for each culture ala DAOC, I rly think you fail to consider your theory in the tight scenario of AoC in its current state.

Aaanyways, i give up at this point.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I sigh too :(

While I'd like to have different classes for each culture ala DAOC, I rly think you fail to consider your theory in the tight scenario of AoC in its current state.

Aaanyways, i give up at this point.

Then give me a reason why AoC is any different in how the classes couldn't be changed to balance, without touching the core classes?

WITH looking at answers i've given to you already.

You can't, because it CAN be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom