Food The what's in your vodka thread

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Please post ideas for and recipes for flavoured alcohols, and food involving copious amounts of alcohol. Please do not be fooled by the thread into thinking that it only has to be vodka :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Christmas Vodka: Cranberry, Cinnamon and Nutmeg

So, I've got a family reunion on Boxing Day, and we have a custom of drinking shots and doing speeches. For the shot's I thought I'd give them something different, and have been wanting to make a cinnamon flavoured vodka for a while.

Ingredients:

1 litre of vodka - I used Tesco's Imperial Vodka; it's cheap but not cheap tasting - no Red Bear style throat burn.

4 cinnamon sticks - I used 4 cinnamon sticks, which should be more than enough

1 whole nutmeg

A handful of fresh cranberries

1 large teaspoon of brown sugar

Method:

Easy peasy, open your bottle of vodka. Cinnamon sticks first, I had to break them up to get them into the bottle. You'll need a funnel for the nutmeg and sugar. Grate the whole nutmeg into the bottle. Pierce the cranberries and give them a good squeeze before putting them whole into the bottle.

Close the bottle and give it a shake.

Mine tastes quite strongly of cinnamon and nutmeg after 3 days, I intend to let it brew for a week and a half. Give it a shake every day to help it take on the flavour. It should turn a nice golden colour after a couple of days.

You may need to add more sugar to balance the taste, depending on how spicy it get's due to the cinnamon.

164343_10150354404370228_765480227_16259690_2590961_n.jpg

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Did you forget to mention the powdered bacon or is that just such an obvious given you didn't write it?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I used 3 sticks of cinnamon and waited 6 weeks, it ended up dark brown and tasted awesome.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Not very imaginative but tequila and Rochesters ginger cordial is lovely and really warms...well everything tbh hehe

Baileys over ice cream or...well anything also is great.

I'm not a drinker at christmas but a nice baileys or tia maroa coffee in the evening is lovely :D

Laddey

FH is my second home
I was thinking of trying something similar to this during chrimbo as its my birthday in Feb and me and our peg are off to Tenerife.

We go to a pub and for a fiver you get a pint of vodka and redbull. Fuck knows whats in it put im sure they use it to strip paint!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I was thinking of trying something similar to this during chrimbo as its my birthday in Feb and me and our peg are off to Tenerife.

We go to a pub and for a fiver you get a pint of vodka and redbull. Fuck knows whats in it put im sure they use it to strip paint!

In Tenerife get caramel vodka, brilliant stuff.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
can you have chocolate vodka? Is that possible?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
can you have chocolate vodka? Is that possible?

Have you never been to a good vodka bar (and I don't include rev's in that description), they have 100's of flavoured vodka's to chose from. Choc is common, chocolate mint is fantastic. Chilli vodka is awesome :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
or withholding information...
So rather the correct turm would be, selfish scum!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Here's one to not do incase anyone was thinking of trying, Pepper Vodka, fucking rancid stuff.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Here's one to not do incase anyone was thinking of trying, Pepper Vodka, fucking rancid stuff.

Agreed, it wasn't pleasant but I have read somewhere that alot depends on the type of pepper used. Most places just use black pepper and it doesn't taste good.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
How did you make it? Or was it a bar purchase?
Was bought by a relative in either Europe or the Caribbean, I forget where, hah.

And Cho, this was green pepper they used in this one.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
do you mean pepper pepper or chilli pepper ?

it's very easy to make a good, none deadly chilli vodka,
I've made a couple with Lemon/chilli...they'r Grrrrreeat!

as for pepper pepper, i've made one with Strawberry/pepper/vanilla

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Was bought by a relative in either Europe or the Caribbean, I forget where, hah.

And Cho, this was green pepper they used in this one.

Hmm, green pepper can taste a bit metallic as well imo, I suppose it is all about balance and how much you add but I haven't had a nice pepper vodka yet, at best they have been average and worst awful. Then again, I love parma violets vodka so it doesn't say alot for my palette! :D

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Green Pepper as in, pepper pepper

6403_tn_green%20pepper.jpg

I don't think the Vod I had was paticularly bad, I just hated it cause I can't stand peppers at all to begin with :D Was told it was quite expensive though, so prolly wasn't some cheap knock off crap you'd find in Home Bargains.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Green Pepper as in, pepper pepper

6403_tn_green%20pepper.jpg

I don't think the Vod I had was paticularly bad, I just hated it cause I can't stand peppers at all to begin with :D Was told it was quite expensive though, so prolly wasn't some cheap knock off crap you'd find in Home Bargains.

Nope Bill, more than likely...

green-peppercorns.jpg

The ones I have drank were all peppercorn of one variety or another.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Seems Ukranian vokda is indeed made from Peppers seeds though, didn't realise that.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Nono was definately one of those giant green peppers up there, even had one on the bottle if I recall :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hey Chet, when you make these things do you let them infuse at room temp, or keep them in the fridge or something?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Differs depending on the infusion....
most will be happy with a cool dark spot though.

and dont forget to filter the result, and keep in mind, some are ready and drinkable,
and others will be more of a "concentrate" which need deluting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom