The Walking Dead season 7

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Aye, I agree, weak.

However it would be hard to show Carl's badassery (which Negan loves) without directly endangering Negans life? It would have made much more sense of Negan put a gun to Daryl's head or something I suppose.

But hey. We're all going to watch it.

I get that they need to build character relations and stuff for the audience to like them so its more shocking when they die, but has anyone been shocked over any of the post-farm deaths? Like theyre bleating on about Abraham, but I don't think anyone really gives a fuck in comparison to Glenn.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
However it would be hard to show Carl's badassery (which Negan loves) without directly endangering Negans life?
That's what inventive writing is for - and is the difference between great and dross.

Abraham, but I don't think anyone really gives a fuck in comparison to Glenn.
Abraham was just a red herring (and a kinda obvious one - it was the bulging eyes and Glenn speaking with a stoved in skull that made that episode, not the surprise of who died)...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The thing is, in the comics...
Comic spoilers but it's stuff that's happened in both the comics and the show so I guess it's not a spoiler but who knows any more
... they (obviously) didn't have the issue of the child actor growing up. Carl started off probably around the same age in both (maybe a bit younger in the comics) but 6 and a bit years have passed since the first season of the show and he was still only 12 or 13 in the comic when he went in the truck to Negan's place. When Negan says "you are adorable" they've used the same line from the comics but it actually makes sense in the comics because he's still very much a young boy and he's holding this big fuck-off assault rifle.

original_The-Walking-Dead-#104-(2012)---Page-19.jpg

So he probably couldn't have done anything to get Negan if he'd wanted to. Whereas TV show Carl is much more adulty and has had at least 3 opportunities to kill him.

Also, when he takes his patch off and Negan says "omg I can see the socket", err, no you can't Negan because of the crap make-up job. The CGI is so poor in this series and I don't know why. They could easily have made the missing eye more realistic rather than some weird scar covering the socket. The iron to the face was also really badly done.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I thought he has some sort of weird gauze over it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
OK well in the comic it's just basically an empty socket with all sorts of mess around it. I suppose with the rubbish CGI all through the series they didn't think they could pull that off so just got him to have his eye closed and put a scar or whatever over it. Anyway, the show is desperately disappointing after reading the comics.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyway, the show is desperately disappointing after reading the comics.
I've enjoyed it until this season. And I think this season started OK, but is going downhill.

To be fair tho - comparing any TV to it's written source is always doomed to failure.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've enjoyed it until this season. And I think this season started OK, but is going downhill.

To be fair tho - comparing any TV to it's written source is always doomed to failure.
Yup I only worked through the comics after watching season 6. Overall it's been good, it's just been the second half of last season and most of this season that makes me think they're just trying to drag it out rather than make an amazing story-telling experience. If they just stuck to telling the story as it is in the comics and stopped pissing about trying to mix things up it would be so much better imo.

Also I agree with the written source bit but that applies more to normal books where you can create the imagery yourself entirely. In this case, the comics just plain tell a better story than the TV show does.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I can't wait until they kill off Negan and move on but unfortunately that can't happen until at least the end of the season. His "I'm a scary guy talking in a mock friendly voice" act seems to fill up about 50% of every episode and it's so tedious.

The last time they had a big arch villain with the Governer was the low point of the show. As soon as they killed him off it got good again.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Comic spoiler
(proper future hasn't-happened-on-tv-yet comic spoiler)
Negan is going to be around for a very long while. He appeared in comic #100 and we just got to #160. So yeah, assuming they don't completely break away from the story, he's not going anywhere. His power and role changes dramatically, though. But, at the rate at which they're getting through the material, we probably won't even see The Whisperers this season. :eek:
To be fair though, the show needs baddies otherwise what are Rick and Co. going to do? Just settle down in Alexandria and live happily ever after?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
True, and I guess it would be tedious if it was just them vs zombies all the time. Maybe it's just the long drawn out confrontations with these bad guys that get boring. I think the show is more interesting when they're introducing new environments and characters regularly.

Gwadien

aw the bromance.

Question

Why don't they just run away?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Because they'd run out of food and supplies and die. Like they almost did before they found the prison.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
True, and I guess it would be tedious if it was just them vs zombies all the time. Maybe it's just the long drawn out confrontations with these bad guys that get boring. I think the show is more interesting when they're introducing new environments and characters regularly.

That is exactly my thoughts. They need a quest as well, a new narrative.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking yawn. They half-arse it for the best part of 8 episodes and then put in a 2 minute montage to whet people's appetites for the second half of the season. After getting myself up to date with the comics after season 6 finished and how far along I reasonably expected them to be by the mid-season finale I can honestly say I've never been more disappointed in this show.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I was expecting the thunderbirds to fly over at the end. What a pile of bollocks.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm such a whore. I can't wait for it to start again.

I can't help but think Rick and co will meet up with Ezekiel and rain absolute shit down on Negan. I think Rick would fucking enjoy doing him in but I reckon it will be Maggie that gets to do it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Great ending...just not sure its worth watching when 2 or 3 episodes are good and the rest filler. It could easily be boiled down to a 2 hour film per series now.

Gwadien

Oh my fucking lord.

What an ending.

Is it wrong that I want to marry Ezekiel?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The CGI on that tiger was very good this episode. Although I was left wondering how the tiger knew who the baddies were.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Also how it got there completely unnoticed. Acceptable plotholes.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
If you watch the scene again you can clearly see where The kingdom soldiers (and the tiger) arrive from.

I'm guessing the Tiger picks its target the same way any trained animal do... by command from the handler.

sayward

Resident Freddy
OMG I didn't realise it was the finale! I'd forgotten we'd had the first half of the season.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Struggling to be excited tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom