The US govt. made "Gangsta rap"

Mey

Part of the furniture
Read in the metro today that apparently Alica Keys has been saying that the US govt. made Gangsta rap to enforce negative black stereotypes LOLLWAL!

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=142823&in_page_id=7 said:
Alicia: Gansta rap is killer ploy
Monday, April 14, 2008

Alicia Keys has claimed 'gangsta rap' was created by the US government to get black people to kill one another.

The Grammy award-winning singer said the genre was being used to maintain negative stereotypes of black people.

She also blamed the authorities for the murders of rap stars Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. Their deaths were 'fuelled by the government and the media to stop another great black leader from existing', she said.

The two American rappers were gunned down in separate drive-by shootings – Shakur in Las Vegas in 1996 and Notorious B.I.G in LA in 1997.

But Keys, whose latest album As I Am sold millions of copies, claimed both were the victims of gangsta rap – a ploy invented by the government 'to convince black people to kill each other'.

Wearing a gold AK-47 machine-gun pendant to symbolise 'strength, power and killing them dead', the 27-year-old told Blender magazine she was now writing political songs to promote black nationalism.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Alicia keys is shit, my arse does her new song better than her stuffy nose. Did anyone hear her cover of the Fray (how to save a life) on the Radio one live lounge? She fucking destroyed it.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The kind of crap celebrities come out with.

Made worse by the media that give them coverage.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lol what a nutjob. Ice Cube, Ice T, Dr Dre and many others from the gangsta rap era must be laughing thier arses off.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
alicia keys = militant black man from balls of stell

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have i misunderstood something, but is she complaining about black music while raking in big bucks from it? Irony? :eek7:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I thought this thread was going to have a video of george bush and condesleeza ricecakes rapping :(

Instead I get alicia keys spouting crap! :mad:

FOR SHAME!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Have i misunderstood something, but is she complaining about black music while raking in big bucks from it? Irony? :eek7:

No you dont understand Toh.... IT WAS THE US GOVARMENTS!!!111 THEY INVENTED MUSIC TO BRIANWASH BLACK PEOPLES INTO DRIVE-BYING THEMSELVES !!!1

BEWARE THE BRIANWASHING!!!!!!

soze

I am a FH squatter
There are a lot of cloak and dagger stories about how the US Goverment protected the likes of Easy E and Suge Knight from grugs charges to allow them to get rappers up there as they are not possitive role models. And then claim when Tupac was getting too big and telling people to think they killed him. A bit more than i could believe.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yeah its all true, hitler did the same thing back during WW2 he released a string of jewish rap (ever wondered why its known as ghetto music?) with such hits as

Oi oi vey kill the gentiles

so, shoot me already

bad ass accountant

you aint met a bad motha till you met a jewish motha

and many many more.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
lol, another nutjob conspiracy theory. She should stick to writing music, she might get good at it then.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
R'n'B != gangsta rap

Oh gee. didn't know that thar sir. I'll be sure to brush up on my ill-advised musical knowledge right away.

Now, on a more non-sarcastic way:

Yeah i know, still, dominantly black music and, in similarity, which has spawned from the same origins.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Oh gee. didn't know that thar sir. I'll be sure to brush up on my ill-advised musical knowledge right away.

Now, on a more non-sarcastic way:

Yeah i know, still, dominantly black music and, in similarity, which has spawned from the same origins.

I don't agree on anything except that its dominated but black musicians. Spawned from the same origins? R'n'B spawning from blues?
And "gangsta rap" being a hiphop genre?

Or well, both spawned in USA. If thats what you mean?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't agree on anything except that its dominated but black musicians. Spawned from the same origins? R'n'B spawning from blues?
And "gangsta rap" being a hiphop genre?

Or well, both spawned in USA. If thats what you mean?

Both evolved from rhythm associated poetry, as they all were in their original form. Just different ways, styles, etc.

Marc

FH is my second home
Seeing as though 9 out of 10 people in FOT are metalica fan boys

Alicia Keys : 4 albums. 11 grammys
Metalica: 8 albums. 7 grammys

Alicia Keys > Metalica

:D

Disclaimer: I like neither but I love it when nobodies claim recording artists arent tallented.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Disclaimer: I like neither but I love it when nobodies claim recording artists arent tallented.

Hell, i'll be the first to admit she is.

Anyone, who brings in big bucks, has talent.

Awards, well, as they "might" be a bit "iffy", they are still talent notifications.

Even Britney Spears, when she did crap music(yes i said when!), was talented because she made cash. But, that was mostly talent from producing side.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Im sorry, Britney Spears did not have talent. Not everyone who makes cash has talent. They have good agents and look pretty. They sell out, which you may say is a certain type of talent, but it certainly isnt music talent.

Pop icons like Britney Spears have a talent in being themselves and nothing more, and even they are fabricated by a team telling them what to wear, eat, say and sing.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Of course Gangsta rap was invented so black guys would kill each other.

It's the only plausable reason as to why Vanilla Ice hasn't been shot yet.

Marc

FH is my second home
Im sorry, Britney Spears did not have talent. Not everyone who makes cash has talent. They have good agents and look pretty. They sell out, which you may say is a certain type of talent, but it certainly isnt music talent.

Pop icons like Britney Spears have a talent in being themselves and nothing more, and even they are fabricated by a team telling them what to wear, eat, say and sing.

Ok then, if its so easy, you go and become the next Brittney Spears

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

You can't say Britney Spears' music would be as good, without some form of singing voice too.

And in my opinion, talent in music industry isn't just the guitar picking or tonsil screaming kind.

PR, performance, live gigs, etc etc...all count.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Ok then, if its so easy, you go and become the next Brittney Spears

I would but i'm not pretty enough :(

You can't say Britney Spears' music would be as good, without some form of singing voice too.

And in my opinion, talent in music industry isn't just the guitar picking or tonsil screaming kind.

PR, performance, live gigs, etc etc...all count.

Right, because her voice isnt modified in the studio, and she really does sing at her concerts, no miming at all...

Only thing she had going for her were looks and energy on stage. Which ill give credit for as performing is never easy.

True but i put musical talent down to what they sound like etc and the way they act to crowds, their fans, in concerts and whatnot down to their performance talent. Both very important in a career in music, but you can have one without the other...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Right, because her voice isnt modified in the studio, and she really does sing at her concerts, no miming at all...

Only thing she had going for her were looks and energy on stage. Which ill give credit for as performing is never easy.

True but i put musical talent down to what they sound like etc and the way they act to crowds, their fans, in concerts and whatnot down to their performance talent. Both very important in a career in music, but you can have one without the other...

And what if her voice isn't? What if she performs live as is?

Plenty of "known and talented" people have their voices edited in the studio, doesn't mean they can't sing.

Noone, without some singing talent, comes that far. Especially since some of the latest music by her is her own doing.

I'm nto saying she's some "major talent", but you can't just say she has no talent at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom