the unoficial "things you want in daoc" post

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
- Love the capital city housing zone idea. Maybe split it up and make a few types of housing zone; one like the one there is now, one that merges with the capital city (for those that want to live it a city), one that merges with existing towns and one that is underground?
- Please make it stop raining in Stygia and Atum. It's a desert, fgs. :)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Every insta that interupts or causes damage in the game changed to castable or make it like WoW

Remove 1 tower from each keep

Speed warp only works while your in the speed warp area of effect

Removal of /assist in RVR

Mail system like WoW :)

Stealther damage reduced and archers have to unstealth to shoot

/face range increased to 3000 range

Remove all conc based buffs and put on timers

All TOA artifacts are definate drop every time and re pop at least once per hour

Increased scroll drop rate by 5 times

Artifact xp doubled so it takes half the time to level artis

All ML pre req's removed so you can just turn up at a raid whenever

Bonedancers ML line changed from Banelord to same as other casters get

Healers ML line changed to same as Druids and Clerics get

All resists hard capped at 40% all debuffs removed from the game

could go on all day but thats what I'd most like to see :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Fana said:
2) Specbuffpots in Alchemy (i.e str/con, dex/qui and piety), and much longer timers on all buffpots (30-60 min or so), making them usefull for people without a bot, and creating a market for them for alchemists.

Thought these existed already?

http://www.midnightsojourn.com/effects.html

elixir of might, deftness and enlightenment

They do require dropped components though.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Thought these existed already?

http://www.midnightsojourn.com/effects.html

elixir of might, deftness and enlightenment

They do require dropped components though.

Hmm ok, had missed that they do exist. Problem is they cost 1.5g to make, only give a small bonus, and only lasts 10min, and you need special components that alchemists wont bother to collect just to be helpfull. They should come in lowbie +30(very cheap), midlevel +50 and highlevel +70, only require merchant materials, and last alot longer (30+ min) to be helpfull to people without a bb.

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
1. Casters speed increased.

2. Casters max damage reduced.

3. Mincers Stealth removed.

4. Archers Max damage reduced.

5. Archers Max range reduced.

6. Seige towers introduced.

7. Length of time your in FZ reduced.

8. Re-use timer of FZ 10 mins.

9. Casters Armour factor increased.

10. ML's doable in groups, max size 2FG.

11. Artifacts all doable by 1FG.

12. Scroll drop rate increased.

13. Respawn rate of ML / artifact mods reduced.

14. Winged helm speed buff to be over written by other speed spell, but kick in again once out of aoe speed radius.

15. Crafting made easier.

16. Bonedancers insta lifetap damage reduced.

17. Bonedancers pet heals reduced.

18. Casters max damage reduced.

19. One free bottle of Jack Daniels delivered to your door by mythic for every 1 year you play camelot.

20. All line of sight issues to be resolved.

21. Mythic / GOA to listen more to there customers.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
1. BALANCE

2. RE-BALANCE whatever fuck ups they do trying to achieve #1.

3: see above. again.

4. Standardise all teleport npc's, djinn stones to have the same choice of destinations, i.e ALL destinations. If people can easily teleport to Camelot to train RA's it might actually get used more !

5. Bring the drops in old-world zones up to standard with SI/ToA drops.

6. Improve old-world epic zones, e.g Llyn Barfog, DF highlords, Dartmoor and other realm equivilents to make them worth making raids for.

7. Add ToA Cap bonus stats to SI Epic dungeons drops.

8. Personal mounts, which you can uniquely design.

9. Balance ML's more evenly so the useless ones are more attractive and the over powered ones nerfed. (see #2. and #3.)

10. Add procs to Epic armour.

11. Add a 'Looking For' feature to the market explorers where people can announce what items they are seeking for people to browse.

12. Colour the friends list so you can add all of the alts of one friend to the same colour so you can tell at a glance who is who, if some annoying friend happens to play all 8 of the blasted character slots.

13. Multi function macros that you can edit to perform several / commands at once (like send the same message to several people at once).

14. Jewellery spellcrafting, with ToA bonuses applicable including ToA Procs.

15. ffs nerf the overpowered artifacts (hello...malice proc? !) and make all artifacts 100% drop rate.

16. Old school server pre-SI.

17. Half the height-Range bonus ratio, its rediculous.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
1) player mounts
2) craftable armour skins
3) craftable TOA bonues
4) player mounts
5) re-balance the classes in realms
6) hammer styles for healers ! :eek7:
7) mail system
8) player mounts
9) stackable alchemy pots (in 5's or something)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Korosu said:
yes i've never seen cooking in any other mmorpg then WoW.

Theres fishing and cooking in Runescape, which is kinda a mmorpg but on a smaller scale I guess.
The fish would be cooked increasing the cooking skill, or given rare to your pet cat. The cooking seen was basicaly cooking anything, there was combinations of materials to make certain things also, more complex/higher lvl they were the more hp they healed you for if you eat them.

One thing I'd love to be in DAoC is to beable to charm mobs and ride them for moving about PvE areas only tho, they'd not attack either. Remember seeing people riding mobs in UO.

elyane

Fledgling Freddie
* Reduce casters dmg
* Mez/stun someone dont mean you automaticly win
* Reduce casters casting speed
* If not reducing casters dmg/speed gif everyone more hp so we might acctulay survive a mez/bolt/bolt
* Why does mincer have stealth and 9 sec insta stun ?
* Gif Rangers something, self buffs is not used while having a BB, Scout have no dmg cap and 9 sec range shield stun, Hunters have pet ^^
* Mounts :D
* Timer on buffs
* and alot more, but this is my crhistmas list for santa.. I even quite smoking and be a good person this year, I hope I get my wishes :D

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
I actually think all buffs should be removed from the game and replaced by self buffs on ALL chars.

Maybe even make it a spec line for all classes.

IE casters can spec for brain buffs, dex buffs etc.
While tanks can spec for str/con etc.

Pretty much like the friar etc. Thats a splendid example of how ALL classes should be. You want great buffs, sure, spec for them and lose out on some dmg or utility instead.

Me and a guildie had a nice fight with a few hibs when porting into POC the other day and even though I managed to get some dex buffed on me before the fight started the cleric quickly died and we were all unbuffed.

I must say that it is much more exciting when you are not casting 20000 spells/sec.

The fight was much longer and you really had to think about what to do etc.
In short, it was a great fight, besides, we won :fluffle:

The idea mentioned about removing the housing zones and putting it all in each realms capital city is a GREAT idea.

Imagine your realms capital actually having players in it?
Imagine all the streets where you could buy a small shop (to sell stuff on your merchant) in the shabby areas and then when your rich you'd go
to the fine areas and buy a large mansion there.
Perhaps also suitable for larger guilds etc.

That way ppl would run all around the capital doing their stuff and the
game might get some life back into those cities. Today they are nothing but
remote inaccessible labyrinths where ppl go when they have to respec,
cursing the stupidity of putting the only respec NPC on one of the most
remote and hidden places in the game, the capital. Irony at its best.

And dont you dare tell me its not remote. Anything not within porting range of Gothwaite Harbor and Castle Sauvage is remote. :eek6:
(speaking of albion now, I cannot imagine things are any better in the other realms though)

Gamah

Banned
Grimmen said:
I want a "I win" button. Tactical warhead would be pretty cool. Oh and it should work even if I get mezzed/stunned.

/Sarcasm

how about an ae stun..oh wait :cheers:

Amanita

Part of the furniture
1). I too would like to see more rewards for crafters. Something to either make all the time we spend *really* worthwhile. I like the suggested, xp or maybe MLxp, or just SOMETHING to make me inclined to sit down for hours and make an MP item or do a spellcrafting order: As it is someone would really have to offer me a lot to make it remotely worth my time. If Mythic are worried about reducing crafted item costs too much, increase the cost of materials but decrease the amount of time needed. It's the time it takes to make that MP that puts me off.

2). Easier MLs. That timesink is depressing.

3). Less folks required to do certain encounters. Erinys!

4). Capital cities back in use. Make these places worthwhile to live in again!

5). Red-headed Britons. I don't want to be a highlander but I want red hair ;)

6). Royal Post office, but more reliable than ours :p

7). Prettier decorations for my house.

8). More use for WC'ers & fletchers. Maybe abilities than can only be imbued into weapons, ToA style bonuses or other cool things. Could possibly even make these something alchemists can do, making a better market for those poor folks who have spent loads of plat on getting themselves to LGM and just not getting the money back.

9). Increased scroll drop rate, just not right that someone can farm a few scrolls and sell them for a lot of money. Time was 1p meant something to me.

10). /swoon macro, so I have an appropriate response for when a paladin flexes at me!

Kais

Banned
increase duration on shaman rr5 from 30s to 10 mins :eek:
fix the rm rr5 so its actually 90% against all and not only paladins.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
An awful lot of people posting about every single thing that they consider overpowered. However, take away these things and you simply shift what is overpowered - it is almost impossible to strike a 'balance' unless all three realms were identical.

Few things that would be nice though:

*Remove housing zone-walls
*Too steep to climb :(
*Full radar sweep and perma-bans
*Increase the xp bonus in under-used dungeons/xp spots...bring Barrows back to life!

:)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
eggy go try AC - insane camp bonuses there at the moment (was getting vitrually 50% on drgurr'. soldier things (100millxp, 45mil camp bonus)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
  • Revamp the old realm zones, new mobs, more varied levels, TOA rog system and better skins for the old armour.
  • Make MLs easier, all of them, maybe related to the number of people doing them rather than set level mobs etc.
  • Make 1100+ crafters more useful again, give them something lower crafters cant do like 6 point slots.
  • Make all buffs group / battle group enabled and on range, say 3000. Give shaman and their equals another use besides being buff bots.
  • Personal transport or rentable transport.
  • Caster timers reduced to sensible ammounts. Or like melle chars, faster cast, less damage, based the same as dps / wpn spd.
  • Make artis one time drop, stop the farming.
  • Make scrolls a quest based system rather than random drops.
  • Make epic armour more viable, harder to get and better stats with procs. Perhaps a quest per part instead of "kill mob, theres ya gear".
  • Give Midgard a pet spam char equal to animists and theurgs.
  • All bow user range equalled at 1800, reducing scout range to something sensible.
  • Agrees on the housing issue. Camelot, Tir na nog and Jordheim should be the housing areas, council estates didnt come into being till the 20th century.
  • Hagnmans corner, where caught cheats toons are put on public display for 7 days as a warning to others.
  • Make siege weaponry users interuptable.
  • Remove the 4th tower on each keep.
  • Make the dragon drops better quality and utility. She is supposed to be the ultimate mob in the game too, make her that.
  • Respecs should be purchasable from NPCs, say at 10 platinum. RA stones for BPs too.
  • Make DF gear worth using, 89-91 quality sucks and is only good for salvaging so pointless.
Ill think of more probably.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
  • Make epic armour more viable, harder to get and better stats with procs. Perhaps a quest per part instead of "kill mob, theres ya gear".

They do not need to make Epic any harder to get, it's a pain in the arse to get now - not in terms of difficulty, but just how drawn out the whole Epic is...boring!

They do need to make it much, much better. The stats suck. It would be good if it were good enough that people could incorporate a few parts in their final templates.

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i think it would be neath with having a personal emblem printed on my chest, then i can have guild emblem on cloak and shield, oh and give more colors and emblems to choose from. :m00:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
  • Revamp the old realm zones, new mobs, more varied levels, TOA rog system and better skins for the old armour.
  • Make MLs easier, all of them, maybe related to the number of people doing them rather than set level mobs etc.
  • Make 1100+ crafters more useful again, give them something lower crafters cant do like 6 point slots.
  • Make all buffs group / battle group enabled and on range, say 3000. Give shaman and their equals another use besides being buff bots.
  • Personal transport or rentable transport.
  • Caster timers reduced to sensible ammounts. Or like melle chars, faster cast, less damage, based the same as dps / wpn spd.
  • Make artis one time drop, stop the farming.
  • Make scrolls a quest based system rather than random drops.
  • Give Midgard a pet spam char equal to animists and theurgs.
  • All bow user range equalled at 1800, reducing scout range to something sensible.
  • Agrees on the housing issue. Camelot, Tir na nog and Jordheim should be the housing areas, council estates didnt come into being till the 20th century.
  • Hagnmans corner, where caught cheats toons are put on public display for 7 days as a warning to others.
  • Make siege weaponry users interuptable.
  • Remove the 4th tower on each keep.
  • Make the dragon drops better quality and utility. She is supposed to be the ultimate mob in the game too, make her that.
  • Respecs should be purchasable from NPCs, say at 10 platinum. RA stones for BPs too.
  • Make DF gear worth using, 89-91 quality sucks and is only good for salvaging so pointless.
Ill think of more probably.

Some very good ideas there m8.Why pay for respecs tho?Whats wrong with free respeccing or making it once a month you get a free one?As for ml easier im not sure about that but make them less frustrating.WTF is the point of harpies grabbing u from ml2 endmob and then constantly picking up same person again and again other than to totally pissoff the poor sod whos spent previous 2-3 hours doing the raid only to maybe miss end kill now?I`d like to see the ingame postal system from wow also used on daoc:)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tesla Monkor said:
- Please make it stop raining in Stygia and Atum. It's a desert, fgs. :)
It does rain in the desert :p, but it is so hot the rain evaporated before it reaches the ground, which is why the thunderstorms in Sahara are so violent :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
NPC buffbots or range on buffs and a strong group friendly rr5 ability for armsmen :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I dont agree with free respecs unless there are major class changes, I think like on Dragon, PoC and TG raids they should be earnt. Today 10p is not difficult for a casual player to obtain with time, and means everyone can get them. Having said this, Dragon raids are fairly frequent on Mid/Excal fortunately, Im not so sure about Prydwen, it seems far less there, so really the buy system would help them out a lot.

Personal Emlbum, another thing to add to GFX latency, so not such a good idea.

On the note of Teleport abilitys, I know Sojourners get it, but I think one caster class should get it as a spec.

Buffs as someone else said, should be more spread between realm classes, EG, Thanes getting end regen to make them group freindly, and the buff sheers to other classes except shamman and their counterparts. Pure tank classes also need some group freindly abilities, not just guard and protect.

More on the epic armour again, make it AF102/51 too, not 100/50. The length of Epics is fine, after all its an "EPIC" quest, and should be a long well told story. It should be updated to todays standard, with TOA bonus's or even Catacombes ones, or the choice. And yes, able to make some parts a significant part of templates.

LGM crafters should be able to replace lost dur on items (must have max cap in their field).

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Today 10p is not difficult for a casual player to obtain with time, and means everyone can get them.
:eek2:

10p not difficult? You mean by getting lucky with a scroll drop and ripping off the realm by selling it for a stupid price? ;) For me - 10p is still an awful lot of money for something which doesn't give you anything other than a change of playing style (assuming you arn't respeccing out of a gimp spec of course) - but then I refuse to put scrolls up for sale at the sorts of prices they seem to be available for.

Anyway - there are some really good ideas above. I particularly like the moving houses to the capital cities. In EQ2, a similar scheme exists. You don't get to see your "house" though - ie. the outside isn't customisable - you just sort of "rent" a flat in a bigger building. It would breathe life back into the cities though.

Other than that - all buffs should be range based (on a suitable large range) similar to mids endurance buff. This would make them still useful in pve, and level solo pvp so your real life wallet can't influence the game so much.

I'd like to see the heavy tanks hit points increased to distinguish them from the light tanks (and hybrids). My armsman currently has about 1700 hits unbuffed - I'd like to see this increased to around 2500 (for armsman, hero and warrior). Then maybe there's a chance I could solo <insert any class here> ;)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Crookshanks said:
Then maybe there's a chance I could solo <insert any class here> ;)

This is your problem right here:

Crookshanks said:
Knarl Trollslayer (pryd) s/s small Armsman LGM AC

Respec to 2H IMHO - then you'll be rocking :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
There are many other ways besides scroll farming to make great cash, Albion have necromancers (good idea for all albs to own one!), hibs have shrrooms, mids have...erm... anyway, theres plenty.

Give the old realm fishing zones, like other MMORPG's, for some reason we cant swim in the water there, must be really heavy water or something.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Nice ideas to give love to your own class :p

Personally, I'd like stealth nerfed a lot. Move speed is far too quick.

Nice ideas to give love to your own class :p

Umm let me see... Stealth Lore, Presence Node, Vampiirs, Reavers. Even with MoS I find it boring moving under stealth.

I'll do that too

1) Purge to give a 30 second immunity to all CC spells. Pisses me off Get Mezzed wait 1m 40 seconds or purge... oo rooted 1 minute 30 seconds to go... wait again.... ooo stuned... wtf? Spend several minutes not playing, boring....
2) Reduce duration on all crowd control spells by 50%
3) Reduce range on all crowd control spells by 50%
4) Purging AOE mez/root/stun not to bring you out of stealth.
5) Purge is able to clear nearsight.
6) Caster cast speed based on quick not dex.
7) Hunter given same range as other archers.
8) Hunter pet to be able to go in and out of water.
9) If a player is on the floor below me, I don't want to see "you are too close to an enemy to stealth".
10) Give all stealthers BB quality self buffs so they don't need to use a BB, if mythic doesn't make stealthers group friendly then give us the buffs so we can fight groups on equal terms.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Give all stealthers their own BB buffs? Ohh, that would be great...

Why not give ALL classes a specline with selfbuffs and then youd have to spec for your buffs much like the friar does.

You want top notch buffs, sure spec full buffing then.

Then remove BB buffs from game, but this wont happen since Mythic makes alot of cash from BB accounts. :twak:

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
1. UPGRADE CLASSIC AND S.I. MOBS DROPS ETC BEFORE another EXPANSION.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Game back to beta status(as it was) and start over with the balancing and upgrades. *cough*

Server reset so all start on equal ground and new players naut need thus whineage about groupage.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom