the unoficial "things you want in daoc" post

Funkybunny

Banned
note this aint a post about nerf baseline stun, shrooms and so on.. just stuff you would like to have in daoc ...this is my wishlist

1: henchmen-npc's ala guildwars. many pve grps have a serious lack of one or two playertypes to be a good grp and therefor they disband and/or log, henchmen players like they had in guildwars would help this alot. npc's you could "rent" for free or a small sum of cash in each zone / cave. healertype, tanktype, bufftype, castertype, assasintype npcs wich you could invite to grp, you can only have 1 of each kind in your grp and they work ALMOST as good as a player regarding stats. they dont steal xp but work as regular players in grp and xp moves the same way, to not make them preferred over players, you could set lvl on them a certain lvl lower then the average in grp..

2: note-list on friendlist, you could add text behind friendslist wich shows up when you hold the mousepointer over the name . for instance: /friend xxxx helped me on Som without wanting something in return, owe him big time

3: gold-n-glory type for low lvls ... when you dont have your char tagged for /level and you are below lvl 5 you can go to a npc and get a small cash-reward so you dont start up blank. not much, like 1 gold or something so new players dont feel they have to beg for some start-gear.

4: ability to design your own styles. at each x0 level you get a note from your trainer, wich you can put in styleeffects, like "amount of to-hit bonus" "effects" "taunt" "detaunt" and such, wich can be "written" on the note by a spellcrafter, then you take the style-note back to your trainer, and he teaches you the style. you can have "so and so" many points to spare on each note, so you cant put all in, but you have to choose what you desire. you could set 3 point cost on them like

1 point: low dmg
2. point: medium dmg
3. poind: high dmg

1.point high end
2. point: medium end
3. point. low end

1.point taunt
2.point bleed
3point snare
4. point attackspeed decrease

and so on and so on.. well thats my wishlist :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
1) More players :)

2) Specbuffpots in Alchemy (i.e str/con, dex/qui and piety), and much longer timers on all buffpots (30-60 min or so), making them usefull for people without a bot, and creating a market for them for alchemists.

3) Player mounts ^^

4) Only 3 towers instead of 4 so there was alil more open ground between the keeps.

5) New craft: Cooking (ye, shameless steal from WoW etc). Food and drinks to decrease downtime for non-buffbot owners. Brilliant idea really.

Korosu

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
1) .

5) New craft: Cooking (ye, shameless steal from WoW etc). Food and drinks to decrease downtime for non-buffbot owners. Brilliant idea really.

yes i've never seen cooking in any other mmorpg then WoW.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
fishing.............. dont look at me like that!

i'd have loved to have a go at that, you have to hunt a mob that drops a fishing rod ( or get a crafter to make you one), then you can spend time fishing and sell your fish, rather than hunting mobs and dying all the time. they could do a thing where you hunt certain mobs for bait, the harder the mob the better the bait/quality of fish caught.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm

Speedwarps with a duration aslong as you are in the warps area of coverage.

Lowered damages overall (slope TOAbonuses totally would probably be enough).

Smaller areas in NF so fights are more frequent with roaming groups, instead of everyone rushing to nearest place where swords are lighted.

Fix losissue with shrooms and other losissues.

Nerf warlocks to be on par with other mages and up their usage midfights instead.

Nerf archerdamages and nerf stealthers overall quite a chunk.

Then id be happy as a baby suckin a mamas tit and probably bother to play again :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Korosu said:
yes i've never seen cooking in any other mmorpg then WoW.

I know its present in other mmorpgs, but the way its used, and the ease of use, in WoW makes me wish it was present and working in a similar way in DAoC. Thats all. Oh and ofc i would also like npc's to sell food and drinks etc.
Downtime is huge in daoc if you do not own a buffbot or have a good groupsetup (which not many new expers will have), it should be adressed.

Hekate

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
note this aint a post about nerf baseline stun, shrooms and so on.. just stuff you would like to have in daoc ...this is my wishlist

1: henchmen-npc's ala guildwars. many pve grps have a serious lack of one or two playertypes to be a good grp and therefor they disband and/or log, henchmen players like they had in guildwars would help this alot. npc's you could "rent" for free or a small sum of cash in each zone / cave. healertype, tanktype, bufftype, castertype, assasintype npcs wich you could invite to grp, you can only have 1 of each kind in your grp and they work ALMOST as good as a player regarding stats. they dont steal xp but work as regular players in grp and xp moves the same way, to not make them preferred over players, you could set lvl on them a certain lvl lower then the average in grp..

2: note-list on friendlist, you could add text behind friendslist wich shows up when you hold the mousepointer over the name . for instance: /friend xxxx helped me on Som without wanting something in return, owe him big time

Brilliant!

:clap:

Cynical

Fledgling Freddie
pc's you could "rent" for free or a small sum of cash in each zone / cave. healertype, tanktype, bufftype, castertype
couldn't this work as a BB or something. I would love make crafting in Daoc a lot cheaper so you are able to craft stuff for your level (eg WoW). Would also like to add better quests with better rewards which are actually good for you.

Maybe also add mounts as someone mentioned before. I liked the "elite" mob thing in WoW, i think it would good if mythic implemented this into Daoc. Make potions more useful and just generally sort out the overpowered classes/abilities.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Henchman is something guild wars took from Ultima Online (what MMORPG hasn't taken from that game). Back with UO a nice way for a lowbie to make money was to hire a henchman, take him out into the wilderness and murder him :)

Funkybunny

Banned
yes this could work as a buffbot , but the buffertype char would have to be in grp for you for you to be buffed, and if you were in midgard, the bufferchar would buff you but would also dot, disease semiheal and so on...

DaRkDeViLDK

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Henchman is something guild wars took from Ultima Online (what MMORPG hasn't taken from that game). Back with UO a nice way for a lowbie to make money was to hire a henchman, take him out into the wilderness and murder him :)

muhahahhahahahahha

Gamah

Banned
1. I would like to see minstrels have a use for stealth apart from hiding from zergs.

2. Great idea for the food, one of the few features I liked in WoW...as I was a mage and could make my own muhahahahaaa

3. Low server populations addressed with overall server bonuses..ie there is no reason to roll mid/alb on prydwen atm..

4. LOS issues fixed (Yes even if that means the flute bug gets fixed)

5. Mez timers reduced, and make minstrels ae mez more workable in rvr.

6. Warlocks frontload nerfed and given some mid fight abilities..bonedancers lifetap reduced to 700range.

7. Chanters baseline stun reduced to 6 seconds..Ceremonal Bracer to work Vs Slam, Insta Stun

8. Overall reduction in keep difficulity based on server population, so low pop server like prydwen it would be eaiser to take keeps..so that low population servers can still enjoy keep takes as much as the higher populauion servers

9. Forcefull zephr to be put on a 5 or 10 minute timer...15 is overkill and a great example of mythic not tweaking something but beating it to death with a nerf bat.

10. Thurgest pets put on a shorter Range maybe bolt range 1825..not 2200 or whatever crazy range it is

11. Amnesia not to put someone in combat...very irritatating fg of rr10 hibs dropping you out of speed with an insta on an insane range.

12. Cast speed to be toned down maybe a 1.5/2second hard cap..but dmg to remain the same.

Just a few that popped into my head.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
1. I would like to see minstrels have a use for stealth apart from hiding from zergs.

2. Great idea for the food, one of the few features I liked in WoW...as I was a mage and could make my own muhahahahaaa

3. Low server populations addressed with overall server bonuses..ie there is no reason to roll mid/alb on prydwen atm..

4. LOS issues fixed (Yes even if that means the flute bug gets fixed)

5. Mez timers reduced, and make minstrels ae mez more workable in rvr.

6. Warlocks frontload nerfed and given some mid fight abilities..bonedancers lifetap reduced to 700range.

7. Chanters baseline stun reduced to 6 seconds..Ceremonal Bracer to work Vs Slam, Insta Stun

8. Overall reduction in keep difficulity based on server population, so low pop server like prydwen it would be eaiser to take keeps..so that low population servers can still enjoy keep takes as much as the higher populauion servers

9. Forcefull zephr to be put on a 5 or 10 minute timer...15 is overkill and a great example of mythic not tweaking something but beating it to death with a nerf bat.

10. Thurgest pets put on a shorter Range maybe bolt range 1825..not 2200 or whatever crazy range it is

11. Amnesia not to put someone in combat...very irritatating fg of rr10 hibs dropping you out of speed with an insta on an insane range.

12. Cast speed to be toned down maybe a 1.5/2second hard cap..but dmg to remain the same.

Just a few that popped into my head.

Nice ideas to give love to your own class :p

Personally, I'd like stealth nerfed a lot. Move speed is far too quick.

Gamah

Banned
Old.Ilum said:
Nice ideas to give love to your own class :p

Yes :p, its the class I play most..and its the eyes I see the game though..I am sure some will disagree with me..but this is a post about things I want in daoc :p.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Gamah wants to nerf the enchanter CASTABLE stun, but doesn't mention his own instant 9 second stun. biased a little?

What I want to see is clustering, but with the option to delete and reroll to whatever realm you wan't.

pichal

Fledgling Freddie
-i want Flower! :D
-i want horses that we can control our own, would be fun in rvr,
-overpower the Armsman's
-bring sheep's and cow's in Cam hills etc...
-bring back Hadrian's wall odins wall and that wall from hibernia
-being able to invade a realm to take down Borderkeep's and fight in main zone's :)
-and i want more Large weapons like that ml6axe. and give albion a moose/beserker form
-and let it snow in hibernia
-and give Highlanders the emote to pull up their kilt
-and make crafting more fun i want jesters to entertain us. i always get so bored making pots that take more than 50sec.
-and lower all dmg of all players and npc so fight will last longer now its just get mezzed or mezz someone do 1cast(with an assist) and see ppl insta die.

soz for bad english:D

Syri

FH is my second home
my suggestions would be :
1. put all buffs on a timer, reduce the amount of buffbots, or at least make those using them have to work to use them
2. make a selection of buffs work on group member only, and disable once you leave group. again, make the insistent bot user have to work for their advantage
3. spread a few buffs out. maybe give dex buffs to a mage type class, str buffs to a tank/caster hybrid, and so on, so that, even though the healer class has the most buffs, they've not got a complete set
4. get rid of housing. completely. totally, as it is now at least. instead, expand the capital cities, turn them INTO cities, with living, breathing inhabitants. and introduce housing only for guilds, and based in those cities
5. rework the whole crowd control system, so that it's easier to break out of, and there's more ways to dodge it
6. make artis a lot less powerful, and a lot more accesible to all, so that they don't tip the balance so much
7. make spellcrafting so that instead of creating great gear, it's more in line with making gear to fill in the gaps in a template, also related to this, make more drops that are worth having, and better than can be spellcrafted

that's my lot for now

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
1: A /faction comand that showed you how your faction was with whoever.
2: An in-game time display to run alongside the real-time /clock display.
3: All artifacts to be made 100% drop, and one-time-drop only per character.
4: All ML steps to be do-able by 1 FG, with the exception of maybe one or two to require 2FGs (ML4.2).
5: A way to get RAs from high-level PvE (a la Gaheris's mob-infested keeps).
6: The return of the Old Frontiers zones as PvE zones (many people had spots we knew and loved there, and miss now), accessible via the mainland.
7: The addition of extremely long-spawn (once every 3-4 days) Epic level (DF Prince or so) mobs that would roam through these restored OF zones and the more remote mainland zones. These would drop really nice stuff (think the level of the non-arti stuff Battler drops), but the length of their spawn timer and the randomness of their roaming would prevent any camping of them.
8: Variable brightness on the torch, rather than just on/off.
9: A way to restore durabilty on any item, artifact or otherwise, do-able only by high-level crafters of the type of item in question.
10: A pet-spam/charm class for Midgard.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Helium said:
-Would love if Skald's would get a Power song :)

Midgard could use a Power song, true...but maybe this would be better given to Valkyries?

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
pichal said:
-i want Flower! :D
-i want horses that we can control our own, would be fun in rvr,
-overpower the Armsman's
-bring sheep's and cow's in Cam hills etc...
-bring back Hadrian's wall odins wall and that wall from hibernia
-being able to invade a realm to take down Borderkeep's and fight in main zone's :)
-and i want more Large weapons like that ml6axe. and give albion a moose/beserker form
-and let it snow in hibernia
-and give Highlanders the emote to pull up their kilt
-and make crafting more fun i want jesters to entertain us. i always get so bored making pots that take more than 50sec.
-and lower all dmg of all players and npc so fight will last longer now its just get mezzed or mezz someone do 1cast(with an assist) and see ppl insta die.

soz for bad english:D
I agree with them all, not so much the highlander's emote though .. o_O

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Syri said:
4. get rid of housing. completely. totally, as it is now at least. instead, expand the capital cities, turn them INTO cities, with living, breathing inhabitants. and introduce housing only for guilds, and based in those cities

Get rid of housing and you increase the spam on broads, and forums, of people selling their scrolls and equipment.

Gamah

Banned
omg svartmetell didn't metion a co-op server...feeling ok :(...and with reguards to my 9 second insta stun..I can't use it then do 500dmg every second..so no its not the same thing.

Syri

FH is my second home
Ame said:
Get rid of housing and you increase the spam on broads, and forums, of people selling their scrolls and equipment.
yeah, i kinda missed that. made the place look alive...
was great when you could sit crafting and there were people chatting around you, selling their wares, taking orders from people and all that. the occasional laugh as another spellcrafter tried to put too much on an item...
makes it a lot more personal imo, and a lot more fitting with the setting. can't really see that in a time of war, 500 people would stand on porches, rain or shine, selling people's goods, while their frontiers are hammered by enemies, and evil creatures lurk in their lands...

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
Can't think of too many things at the moment as its late and i really should be sleeping. I'd mainly like to see Crafting Fun or at least some reward for doing it. Like Exp every time you skill up. Maybe make the exp from 001-099 the same as Level 1-5, 100-199 the same as level 5-10 and 900-999 the same as 45-50. Maybe make it give exp to all artifacts or ML exp when you get a new crafting rank. I'd also like to see Artifacts be a 1 time only drop to the group leader of a group and be non tradeable. This would stop most of the camping and maybe make people help each other. Maybe make getting the scrolls for an artifact like a quest and you can't get the artifact untill you've completed the quest.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Yes :p, its the class I play most..and its the eyes I see the game though..I am sure some will disagree with me..but this is a post about things I want in daoc :p.

I want a "I win" button. Tactical warhead would be pretty cool. Oh and it should work even if I get mezzed/stunned.

/Sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom