the unoficial "things you want in daoc" post

Gamah

Banned
Chronictank said:
It does rain in the desert :p, but it is so hot the rain evaporated before it reaches the ground, which is why the thunderstorms in Sahara are so violent :)

No one likes a smart ass! :p

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Meanwhile back on topic ...

What I would like to see most is for Mythic to address the current issues the player base has rather than firing out another half arsed attempt at an expansion but given the current situation I'm not sure this is possible.
For example... I would like current bugs, realm population balance numbers, overpowered abilities and character utility issues resolved BEFORE another exspansion (which normaly compounds these problems) is released.

Now in order to fix a lot of these problems it will need a "grass roots" fix.
By this I mean a redistribution of class abilities, the removal of some abilities and the addition of some abilities. Basicly I would like to see EVERY type of class as a viable class again. Give tanks something to do during during keep seiges other than just standing around laughing on guild chat about a typo someone made.
Realm population balance is a difficult one to overcome. Not sure how that would be achieved with a game that is already 3 years old.
Bug fixes is fairly self explanatory.
So how do we achieve all this?
Simple.....Mythic start work on a DAoC 2. Learn from the mistakes made in the first one. Examine where other games have excelled. Get the toon balance right (well at least start with the SAME number of toons in each realm). Make sure no character type gets left redundant in any situation. Ensure realm populations are balanced (possibly using an allocation system? Established guilds in DAoC request a number of places on a certain realm/ server for their members?).
And most of all ...... don't let the bean-counters dictate policy.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
Meanwhile back on topic ...

What I would like to see most is for Mythic to address the current issues the player base has rather than firing out another half arsed attempt at an expansion but given the current situation I'm not sure this is possible.
For example... I would like current bugs, realm population balance numbers, overpowered abilities and character utility issues resolved BEFORE another exspansion (which normaly compounds these problems) is released.

Now in order to fix a lot of these problems it will need a "grass roots" fix.
By this I mean a redistribution of class abilities, the removal of some abilities and the addition of some abilities. Basicly I would like to see EVERY type of class as a viable class again. Give tanks something to do during during keep seiges other than just standing around laughing on guild chat about a typo someone made.
Realm population balance is a difficult one to overcome. Not sure how that would be achieved with a game that is already 3 years old.
Bug fixes is fairly self explanatory.
So how do we achieve all this?
Simple.....Mythic start work on a DAoC 2. Learn from the mistakes made in the first one. Examine where other games have excelled. Get the toon balance right (well at least start with the SAME number of toons in each realm). Make sure no character type gets left redundant in any situation. Ensure realm populations are balanced (possibly using an allocation system? Established guilds in DAoC request a number of places on a certain realm/ server for their members?).
And most of all ...... don't let the bean-counters dictate policy.

DAoC 2 would be a dream come true, but sadly when it was brought up in a grab-bag a few months back Sanaya replied "over the dead bodies of most of the programers here" or something very similar :( I do hope they come to their senses at some point in the not too distant future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom