The state of RvR combat

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The longer the fights take the better, gives one opportunity to correct mistakes and the better players will still win, just later :p.

It also gives people more of a chance to spoil good fights (yes that old word beginning with A) I always liked to be in out and away before the (lets call them "lesser experienced people") decided it looked as though I or my opponent needed a hand. I guess its nice for zerg warfare which is what WAR should be about but it should cater for both really.

*not actually played it yet thanks to GOA so can't comment to much :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It also gives people more of a chance to spoil good fights (yes that old word beginning with A) I always liked to be in out and away before the (lets call them "lesser experienced people") decided it looked as though I or my opponent needed a hand. I guess its nice for zerg warfare which is what WAR should be about but it should cater for both really.

*not actually played it yet thanks to GOA so can't comment to much :)

Ask for 1 vs 1 scenario instances :p. I for sure will not be giving any shit about any single groups trying to have their fight in a 12 vs 12 or x vs x scenario. Same goes for soloers.

Unlike in DAoC losing and wining as a realm in Warhammer has some consequences.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I really hope more from WoW playerbase join WAR...at least ex-daoc players know not to move under oil :)

Faya

:lol::iagree:

and old school doac players mostly know to move away from gates when they get hit from pbaoe from the other side of the gate.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
testing a BW in OB, one on one i get owned very fast against a melee class

That's true until you get to level 10 and you get the pbaoe root.

Then you will get revenge for the next 7 or 8 levels until the melee classes start getting better tactics to negate the root :)

My suggestion is to not base 'RvR balance' on the OB, you don't get to see anywhere near half the potential of the game.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Was hoping for alot more than a WoW clone from mythic, Not sure but i do belive that wotlk will piss on WaR and im not a WoW fan but i know blizzard has money/talent to do great things...

Wow clone? :p Dont even compare that grind fest to WAR. The whole game world in WAR is designed with pvp in mind. From start to finish. Thats a bit different than wow's game design dont you think? We all know that Wotlk will continue the pve trend- Offer people some more instanced dungeons where they can fight scripted bosses for the rest of their lives. Sounds like fun!!!

Acrisius91

Fledgling Freddie
In a fair game, all classes have equal killing power, and it should be the actual playstyle that determines if you win or loose, not your class/gear/weapon/level or other unfair influences.

Actually, all careers are not supposed to be evenly balanced to each other, some careers are better against others and some are worse. Thats what I read somewhere anyway, I think it was hammerwiki...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom