The Simpsons

megadave

I am a FH squatter
When are they going to pull the plug? Just watched the latest episode and it was abysmal, surely the ratings must have plummeted by now. I hope they stop it soon just so they don't ruin the memories of the good old days :(

Olgaline

FH is my second home
never, the simpsons will never go away, havent seen the newest episodes, but can honestly say that i have not as of yet seen an episode that i disliked or that bored me enough not to watch it through to the end. thats what i love about them, even the "bad" episodes will have something funny. atm I prefer southpark, but cant wait to see the new simpsons on dk Tv3

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
never, the simpsons will never go away, havent seen the newest episodes, but can honestly say that i have not as of yet seen an episode that i disliked or that bored me enough not to watch it through to the end. thats what i love about them, even the "bad" episodes will have something funny. atm I prefer southpark, but cant wait to see the new simpsons on dk Tv3

and this is why they won't go away. Even though they're becoming really bad, people will still watch it "because it's simpsons".

There's $$ in it :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
I though Matt Groening tried to stop the Simpsons when he made Futurama but Fox killed Futurama and said they would keep going with the Simpsons with or without him. So i can not blame him and can't imagine the network would keep going if it was not pulling the viewers.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Only 1 in 3 of the new episodes are any good sadly, they need to get rid of alot of the stale old writers and get some British writers in. A fresh perspective is exactly what that show needs.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not found it funny in a long time. more of a family guy fan now.

Meggey

Fledgling Freddie
The Simpsons will always be around. Its one of the funniest cartoons going.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
personally i think futurama is far superior to the simpsons but a lot of the old episodes of the simpsons were great...ive just seen them all so many freakin times now theyve got dull.

the simpsons movie was possibly the most disappointing thing i've ever seen it was truely aweful i think it made me laugh out loud once and the rest of the time i was just sat there thining "omfg what is this???"

simpsons can bite my shiny metal ass tbh.

Everz

FH is my second home
Simpson should have died off the day Futurama was made.. its miles better

Olgaline

FH is my second home
familiy guy is the biggest ripoff there is imo, altho stewie & brian are great
and yes futurama was really great and i loved it, but i dout it would éver have seen the success that simpsons have had, you cannot base your opinion of quality from the pov that your tired of something.

futurama was good even great, but the simpsons are epic! we've just grown tired of it

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Did anyone see the Futurama movie? wasnt highly publicised but was quite good, a lot better than the simpsons movie atleast.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I've gone through phases since I started getting bored of the simpsons a few years ago.

First it was futurama, I still find the episodes really quite clever, I generally prefer Futurama to the Simpsons.

After that it was Southpark - what started out as a childish programme that really didnt seem to have much content, it seems to have grown up quite a bit in the last few seasons and some of them are really, really funny, and very clever in the points they make. I find southpark to be one of the better animated series out there because it just doesnt pull any punches.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Did anyone see the Futurama movie? wasnt highly publicised but was quite good, a lot better than the simpsons movie atleast.

loved it how it pulled together so many of the episodes, was very clever.

it also had scruffy the janitor in it, what else could you want?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Not seen any of the newer Simpsons really.
Not because I don't want to watch them but because i've seen all the old ones way too many times to the point I could quote the entire show after watching the first 1 minute.

The problem then is working out which of the 60 simpsons episodes they are showing this week on TV is the one episode I haven't seen. In the end I just end up watching none of them.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
the new simpsons are fucking terrible, they seem to be making it more and more surreal to fill in for the fact they dont have any ideas.

the film was terrible, and it seems they have turned homer into a dick head, when he just used be slow witted.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
I think the new episodes are rather good. But I will always love South Park and Family Guy just a bit more...

Afran

Part of the furniture
I actually liked the Simpsons Movie, watched it in the cinema with a few friends and had a great laugh.

South Park will forever rise above though!

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
im also more into southpark and family guy :)

what about american dad? worth watching?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Ofc, and two more are in production :D

I think it's actually 3 more in production, and one of them is released directly to DVD at the end of the month iirc.

And yeah, Simpsons hasn't been any good for ages, shame Fox killed Futurama as it was clearly the better of the two.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
im also more into southpark and family guy :)

what about american dad? worth watching?

American dad is okay. I didnt like the first few episodes but TBH it is starting to get rather okay.

Meggey

Fledgling Freddie
I disagree. I prefer the simpsons by far to futurama. Although the simpsons movie wernt as good as people said.

I havnt seen the futurama film yet. Any gud?

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I disagree with many here...

I love the Simpsons and I love futurama and like many here, I totally favour Futurama over Simpsons, but I think the Simpsons movie was much better than the Futurama movie. While I loved the show, I honestly think the futurama movie was a disgrace to the good name of the show

Still, the futurama movie was far superior in quality and laughs then Family Guy, American Dad or any of the other low class shows out there.... just not as good as the futurama show.

And I agree a bit with topic starter, some of the new episodes of The Simpsons are far inferior to their good shows from the middle of the series. I find it a bit ironic through, as it is like they have actually gone back to what made the show halt in the start.

in interviews Matt Groening has expressed that the show halted for the first few seasons due to them trying to put a moral into each and every show, but when they stopped doing that, the ratings skyrocketted and it became extremely popular. To me, it feels like they started trying to put a moral into each new episode now.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
there are 2 episodes of futurama that never fail to make me cry, one so myuch so that if i even think about it i start welling up, infact we were flicking through the channels the other day and i literally saw 3 seconds of this episode before my brain registered what it was and i started crying i was inconsolable for like half an hour!..can you honestly say the simpsons have ever made an episode that powerful?

(1 is the one with Frys brother and the lucky clover *gulp* and one is the one with frys dog but i cant talk about it because im getting sad just typing it)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
there are 2 episodes of futurama that never fail to make me cry, one so myuch so that if i even think about it i start welling up, infact we were flicking through the channels the other day and i literally saw 3 seconds of this episode before my brain registered what it was and i started crying i was inconsolable for like half an hour!..can you honestly say the simpsons have ever made an episode that powerful?

(1 is the one with Frys brother and the lucky clover *gulp* and one is the one with frys dog but i cant talk about it because im getting sad just typing it)

The dog one is probarly the saddest ending ever in an animated show

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom