Politics The Scottish Referendum - 'How' would YOU vote?

Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 63.8%

• Total voters

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You really are a helmet if you can't see the issue with your position. Do as I say not as I do, oh and by the way see those people I pretend to care about? All idiots.

You'd better still fucking love me!!! :eek:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Have you made a decision yet @Big G?

No. I've been furiously whatsapping people and discussing over Facebook - we're all shitting bricks because we genuinely don't know what the right thing to do is.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
No. I've been furiously whatsapping people and discussing over Facebook - we're all shitting bricks because we genuinely don't know what the right thing to do is.
Go with your gut instinct, if you're shitting bricks then No would be the right answer tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
if you lose everything to fight for something, then you have nothing left

Exactly. And only a fucking idiot throws everything away. At the end of the day I'm human too.

Only wankers hold the position that to point out bad things you must first flaggelate yourself and your family.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Go with your gut instinct, if you're shitting bricks then No would be the right answer tbh.

Or if you're shitting bricks it's because you want to vote yes but you're scared of the unknown...

...defy your biological programming and vote yes.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter

If he is shitting bricks I wouldn't rely on his gut instinct, there is something very wrong going in down there....

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Watching the discussions on newsnight and the yes supporters get increibky vitriolic whenever someone says something they don't agree with, if that's the mentality of support that salmonella has fostered I would incredibly uncomfortable with going tgatvway myself. Or is that the BBC vdeliberarely selecting nutters for one side to make the yes camp seem a bit rabid?,

old.user4556

The BBC enjoy putting Yes in the worst light possible

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair, they don't have to try particularly hard, there are a lot of loons in the yes camp.

David Icke for example.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.
- Nelson Mandela

Seems fitting

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.
- Nelson Mandela

Seems fitting

...in the context of black South Africans who live in tin shacks, very fitting. In the context of people who are apparently already the some of the most well off in one of the most well off countries on the planet, not so fitting. Kind of dumb in fact.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The Yes Camp enjoy putting Yes in the worst light possible

Fixed that for you.

Can't help feeling that even if my countrymen completely lose their minds and decide Yes is the way to go, it won't take long until the result is declared void imo. Stories coming out last night that in Dundee, 10% more 16-17 year olds have been registered to vote than actually live in Dundee.

Remember folks it's democracy in action!

old.user4556

Did you watch the live debate at the Glasgow Hydro? Some 12,000 16 and 17 year olds attended a debate with Patrick Harvie, Nicola Sturgeon, Ruth Davidson and George Galloway. The standard of questions raised, the concerns being voiced, the challenges being presented in favour of Yes and No was absolutely electrifying - so much passionate and stimulating debate. It was democracy that the rest of the UK can only dream about. Granted, they don't possess the life skills or experience of someone in their 60s or 70s, but here's the thing; they interviewed "the older generation" who went on at length about "coming together" and "fighting side by side" with their English, Welsh and Irish brothers and sisters in WW2 and Iraq - it was all about war. Scottish Independence won't take that away from anyone, but holding a creaking union together because of a war once upon a fucking ages ago doesn't wash well with younger voters who will be around for the next 60 or 70 years.

The older generations are out of touch, and they won't be here to experience what may come of an iScot.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Fixed that for you.

Can't help feeling that even if my countrymen completely lose their minds and decide Yes is the way to go, it won't take long until the result is declared void imo. Stories coming out last night that in Dundee, 10% more 16-17 year olds have been registered to vote than actually live in Dundee.

Remember folks it's democracy in action!

Clearly Alex Salmond's plan for independence, spawn teenagers out of thin air.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Well plenty of time for the 16/17 yr old to think about their dream when on the iScot dole or filling out the work VISA forms for UK. ;)

Bodhi

Did you watch the live debate at the Glasgow Hydro? Some 12,000 16 and 17 year olds attended a debate with Patrick Harvie, Nicola Sturgeon, Ruth Davidson and George Galloway. The standard of questions raised, the concerns being voiced, the challenges being presented in favour of Yes and No was absolutely electrifying - so much passionate and stimulating debate. It was democracy that the rest of the UK can only dream about. Granted, they don't possess the life skills or experience of someone in their 60s or 70s, but here's the thing; they interviewed "the older generation" who went on at length about "coming together" and "fighting side by side" with their English, Welsh and Irish brothers and sisters in WW2 and Iraq - it was all about war. Scottish Independence won't take that away from anyone, but holding a creaking union together because of a war once upon a fucking ages ago doesn't wash well with younger voters who will be around for the next 60 or 70 years.

The older generations are out of touch, and they won't be here to experience what may come of an iScot.

Great! So that justifies the blatant fraud going on with 3 years olds being registered to vote does it?

old.user4556

Citing anything from the Torygraph may as well be from the Daily Mail. Their relentless negativity and outright bollocks has been fascinating, I'll give you that.

Bodhi

You mean a campaign, and a paper which backed it entitled "No" was negative? Bloody hell, whatever next.

Any comment on the content, rather than the source? I mean I could quote The Scotsman or The Herald, but I suspect them printing anything remotely realistic on the debate will result in censure from UberGruppenSalmondFurhrer and his shouty friends.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Shrug, shit happens Bodhi, the electoral register is no more accurate than any other database.

Reminds me of the assorted children, dogs, cats, goldfish etc that have been offered/issued credit cards over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom