The Radar thingy...

N

Novamir

Originally posted by amphetamine
i know some people who use to use it, all but one have left the game but the one thats left is in the top 5 rp earners on excal :)

give u something to think about heheh

and no i wont mention his name before u ask.

amphetamine talking out of his arse again. prolly 15 years old looking for attention :)

I believe there are no cheaters on excal (who use this daoc unleashed thing)- tho of course there's silly buggers who hide in walls etc.

T

thebinarysurfer

Btw i'm sure the top rp earners on this server have been vetted more than a little by goa/mythic by now.
Lets face it - they may be lazy, they may be crap, but they (debatably) aren't entirely stupid - they know cheating that goes unpunished/unnoticed/ignored will very swiftly lead to the death of their game - which at the end of the day pays their wages :)

A

amphetamine

Originally posted by Novamir

amphetamine talking out of his arse again. prolly 15 years old looking for attention :)

I believe there are no cheaters on excal (who use this daoc unleashed thing)- tho of course there's silly buggers who hide in walls etc.

i dont know if this is even worth replying to but i may as well, i do know novamir, i know cause i was in the same guild as one of them, i openly heard them talking about it in /gu chat and even spoke to the person in the top 5 about it.

Im so glad you are here to tell us all that no-one on excal uses it.

i personally feel safer knowing your about to tell us these kinda things

btw you have just gone to university??

at least act your age instead of replying with stupid posts.

W

-Wedge-

Well, in RvR its 'pretty easy' to spot if someone uses such a tool... Just hide behind a tree (or rock, whatever), and if a person runs straight at you... And does that each time you meet that person...

I'd kinda make a report about that (TO GOA, not on this freaking board!!)... (unless you suck at Hide & Seek, then its your own damn fault ;))

As for the switch/hub thing, its pretty simple, the linux box isnt a router, its 'a' computer in the network, on a switched network, packages are send only to the computer that the packages are for (e.g. not that linux box)... On a hub (non-switched) network, packages are send to all computers, even if the package wasnt for that computer... (thus the linux box also recieves the package)

Anyways, I'll repeat my statement about usage of this in RvR:

Everybody that uses this type of tool is a COMPLETE WANKER :clap:

Half the fun is not knowing when your gonna be jumped, or when you look through tree's wondering, was that a mid or hib or mob or am I just seeing things.... And even in PvE its freaking funny to attack a mob without knowing if you are going to win or not...

E

Envenom2

Novamir is just having withdrawal symptoms poor lad ;/i bet when he does finaly get back it will be 24/7 play for him :p

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by Novamir

I heard the DAoC Unleached Forum has alot questions from EU players T_T

O

old.Nol

i dont know if this is even worth replying to but i may as well, i do know novamir, i know cause i was in the same guild as one of them, i openly heard them talking about it in /gu chat and even spoke to the person in the top 5 about it.

Im so glad you are here to tell us all that no-one on excal uses it.

i personally feel safer knowing your about to tell us these kinda things

thanks

btw you have just gone to university??

at least act your age instead of replying with stupid posts.
Why haven't you reported it? Where is the chat log? If someone in my guild openly declared they use a cheat, they would be kicked out and banned.

N

[NP]Regent

for all you...

that wanted to see how it looks.. here u go:

An overhead view of Jordheim
http://excalibar.sourceforge.net/j_names.png

Approching Jordheim from East Svealand:
http://excalibar.sourceforge.net/e_svae.png

Zoomed out from Tir na mBeo
http://excalibar.sourceforge.net/hib_far.png

emain with mob-names:
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/daocunleashed/mobnameson.html

Invaders inc:
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/daocunleashed/invaders1.html

the 3 first screens is from a cheat called Excalibar that u have to run on a sepparate linux-box..
the 2 last is from a cheat called daocunleashed that u can run on your standard windown comp at the same time as playing daoc, the last one is easily traceable by checking loggs on server tho..

A

amphetamine

Originally posted by old.Nol
Why haven't you reported it? Where is the chat log? If someone in my guild openly declared they use a cheat, they would be kicked out and banned.

Cause i just started daoc, wasnt my guild, the majority of the guild used it and all i think knew about it :)

I just hope this game doesnt go the same was as UO, that was ruined many times with people cheating and using speedhack etc etc

O

old.FIN

well i give time few months to goa/mythic to take of the cheats, then if not, im out of this game, sad fucks ruined again 1 more game

btw, if goa takes considering to make it illegal to sell accounts, lmao, what a joke, make cheating 1st off, then talk about selling accounts, i will delete mine, because there can be only 1 Fin

A

alme

Dont c the fun in cheating really..
Gotta feel very proud when u found a dude while using cheats

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by cjkaceBM
There are a couple of radar programs about the most famous of which is Odin' Eye (now known as Daocunleashed).

This is based on Xunleashed which use DirectX to create 'features' in DX based games that don't exist - maps, radar etc.

Basically the DAoC server sends all info to your PC for things in your, zone which the plug-in for Xunleashed for DAoC, interprets and creates your map/radar etc.

Is it therefore detectable at the server end?

I would say not, simply because it is using data that you have already downloaded and that your DAoC client is continuously requesting.

PS I was curious how it worked too so went and had a look. Good old google :)

Afaik, xunleashed gets the information via DAoC memory, not via sniffing :O

Z

Zill

Anyone that uses this program should be banned for life if they are found out and to act as a deterrent to prevent others. Personally I have never seen the point of cheating - no matter what the game maybe whether it's DAoC or Quake. There's no challenge involved and it only ruins the game for other players.

O

old.FIN

I just hope this game doesnt go the same was as UO, that was ruined many times with people cheating and using speedhack etc etc

Yup, left on that game because of silly cheats.

leaved behind 4 characters all 7*gm and 3 houses....

and LOADS of friends....

S

=Shazzy=

No the Mapping/Radar program can't be traced as it runs in the background of your computer and you are having infomation sent to you via the server telling you whats on the map your on blah blah blah, but this program or your computer doesn't send anything back saying you are using a program in the background "Just like Daox" the only way the people at the other end of the server can tell if your using the program is if you look like you are using that type of program plus looking at your log to see if you are using the program... there was something posted like this weeks ago about a Midgard player called Krom not sure if thats right, but was in Black Company and was russian... and people has logs of him saying Albion Cleric level 50 at range of 3500 blah blah blah and there was no stealther out there telling him this.. as even his own group accused him or cheating with this radar program,,, hope the little shit was banned

but as i was saying you can only be banned from the servers if GOA/Mythic have 100% proof of you using this program... but still you have n00bs are total assholes accused skilled players of cheating which normally leads onto people getting banned because they are skilled and GOA (french, what else can i say) and Mythic will ban them if without that 100% proof, as i read on catacombs.com about someone having the account banned...

But still Cheating with any type of program just makes you 100% jack asses and i hope you die a painfull death or get killed soon.. do us all a favour and jump infront of a moving car or even better a truck..

Because it is people like this that make people want to leave a perfectly good game which has many good people.. but its people that can't play the game and are sick of the skilled players that kill them, when they go and cheat and they think they are having fun, when all there doing is giving themselves are bad name and giving the guild there in a bad name...

had my say.. i was going to say more just can't be asred

Z

Ziva

Well i recently read a story of a guy who got banned because GOA suspected him using it. He says he wasn't so i'm not sure who to believe.

All i can say is: i hope u all get caught very soon cause u are pathetic :) And u certainly don't deserve pie!

F

Flimgoblin

Well they're going to say they weren't cheating no matter what ;)

look at that Krom fellow - he was caught red handed, but spammed the emails from Sanya all over the place.

Think Sanya's a bit red faced from it - a lot of info there that'll unfortunately help all the sad cheaters.

ban the little ****ers.

T

thebinarysurfer

There will always be cheaters for any game - no game is 100% cheatproof (hell most aren't even 95% cheatproof) so anyone who says that there are no cheats in DOAC doesn't have a clue what they're on about imho.

Admittedly DOAC is one of the more secure i've played but it's a battle between hackers and programmers - kinda like the weapon and armor battle - the armor develops in response to the weapon not the other way around - go figure.

I

iolaire

Originally posted by quinthar
Erm, a Hub better than a switch???

What about all the switches the data uses to get to your PC??

I use a 100MB Switched network piped into my router the rest is subnetted out.

The amount of data generated by DAoC is minimal compared to what a switch or even a hub for that matter could handle.

Technical note:

The point is that if you use a switch on your local network, the packets won't be sniffable from other boxen hanging off that switch since, er, the packets are switched (instead of being broadcast like on hubs) and only go to a single host.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Sibanac

Becuase if you use a switch your 2np pc will never see the packets unless it is routing them to that swith, if that is not the case the only other option is to spoof the MAC on the sniffer to that of the game machine, so that the switch also sends the packets to that machine, i would advice against that since that will fuck up your network

Actually you can do what I do and "fiddle" with ARP (Which I presume you are refering to Spoofing the MAC) that allows me to bypass all layer2 security on my switches to view all packets regardless of how good they think the layer2 switching is (It sucks and tbh if they enabled all security on the L2 switch it would never work rigth anyway). I do this with no discernable speed impact, in fact running in 200mpbs mode its hard to see any differance.

My network runs like a peach, I have no problems spoofing ARP or with the switch giving me the data :)

Q

quinthar

I'm glad to see lots of people beleive the Layer 2 switching hype.

1. A Linux box CAN be a router, in fact I have 2 of them.
2. Layer2 / Layer3 data can be intercepted, i do it daily.
3. Yes, I do know what I am talking about.

Technical note:
The point is that if you use a switch on your local network, the packets won't be sniffable from other boxen hanging off that switch since, er, the packets are switched (instead of being broadcast like on hubs) and only go to a single host.
--- Quote off

If you honestly believe that then please dont dont go in to Networking for a profession, I for one do not believe half of what I read from networking bods.

Q

quinthar

To: [NP]Regent

Holy shit..... :(

I had no idea it was THAT good, I expected to see somethign stupid with blobs as targets or summat, perhaps a real radar type thingy with blips..

OMFG that is total pants, not only does it tell you feckin where there are and I presume direction? it specifically tells you thier lvl too and class :(

Gah - tis a sad day, I'll now die in future wondering whether somebody had that crap running now.

O

old.Odysseus

Sniffing packets off a switch would require u to hack into that switch somehow i imagine?

Q

quinthar

Nope not really,

Hijacking would perhaps be a better word for it..

K

Karl [DAOC]

switchs genrally come with a sniffing port that all is brodacasted to, default is dependent on swithch make, and can be changed by the user and/or turned off..

problem solved :p

Karl

T

thebinarysurfer

Networking was never my strong suite :/

Q

quinthar

Karl, you are correct (In decent switches anyway), however few <cough> hackers have physical access to the switches :), hence they found alternative means.

B

Bilf

/em makes that arm wavey thing suggesting something going flying over my head.

Users who are viewing this thread