THE Question of oriantation....

S

Slug

So which is the biggest faction in the game?

which is the best faction to join?

J

Jonaldo

Not sure who's biggest, all are fairly even really.

Join the Jackhammer conglomerate ;)
Even if only because we got the nicest colour outfits.

B

bone_idle

I'm not sure really. Whenever one faction gets their heads together they can do pretty much anything. Last night for instance TR were doing pretty well.

I think it comes down to the time of day. During the day Vanu seem to have lots on. In the evening its NC's turn and later on in the evening it the TR's turn.

S

Slug

jackhammer conglomerate?

never heard of that

care to fill me in?

T

Tenko

Jackhammer Conglomerate.

They renamend the NC that as they all carry the same bloody gun, the Jackhammer :p

B

Belsameth

like the TR all carry that awefull rocketlancher.

oh, and Vanu uniforms 4tehwin :D

S

Sarum TheBlack

Dayglow purple > yellow and blue spandex or black and red leather!

Also, we have shineeeeey lazer weapons!!

Feal the power of the Vanu!

Technology is might!

D

Deadmanwalking

Pity that technology can't come up with any half decent weapons or training for the VS soldiers, as frankly they fight worse then dead TR/NC.

S

SilverHood

DMW is just jealous that VS spank NC in hossin and cyssor every night :D

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
Pity that technology can't come up with any half decent weapons or training for the VS soldiers, as frankly they fight worse then dead TR/NC.

actually, fe fight a lot better then the TR/NC
we just actually have to aim at vehicles/infantery :p

not that I'm bitter about our weaponary or anything...
sad09.gif

S

Sarum TheBlack

Nerf autolock weaponary and jackhammers that hit you regardless of the way the user is facing :p

You have to be good to be Vanu, you just need to buy I-Win weapons to be something else

And anyone moaning about the MagRider will be reminded, at length, that it has a crap (direct fire) weapon, and all the armour of a milkfloat. Lawmowing, while frustrating, is just about all it's good at.

:flame:

(I think that should probably have upset enough people now, so I'll finish my cliche'd whine there)

F

Flimgoblin

*sniffles*

Oh lord won't you buy me a Cycler or Gauss
This Pulsar won't kill me an afk mouse
My Lasher is quite good for cleaning the house, but

P

[PS]Mung

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
*sniffles*

This Pulsar won't kill me an afk mouse
My Lasher is quite good for cleaning the house, but
LOL
Accompanied by the worlds smallest violin.

S

Spinky

Funnily enough, I tend to drop my gauss if I find a pulsar, they rock :D

F

Flimgoblin

maybe your experiences differ, but I can empty half a clip into someone who's looking the other wya, they then turn round and kill me....

C

Cronn

Try aiming and firing in short bursts then maybe you'll hit something.

S

SilverHood

doesn't help when that someone only has to press the button once to kill me, or any VS....

:rolleyes:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

gifv more whine!!1

Lets go on about flying MAX' and hovertanks with a 5 square mile "I pass you somewhere to your left and you still die" radius.

gifv!!1

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
gifv more whine!!1

Lets go on about flying MAX' and hovertanks with a 5 square mile "I pass you somewhere to your left and you still die" radius.

gifv!!1

they all do that!
you can decapitate someone by flying over them at max altitude it seems :p

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Belsameth
they all do that!
you can decapitate someone by flying over them at max altitude it seems :p

only exceedingly tall people :eek7:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Cronn
Try aiming and firing in short bursts then maybe you'll hit something.

I do - when I say empty half a clip _into_ them I mean _into_ them with the little orange circle of "Oooh I hit!"ness popping up...

I take a gauss rifle off of some corpse and I'm lethal ;)

OK OK I'm usually dead as someone's crept round and shot me whilst I'm looting... but you get the idea :)

G

Gekul

The pulsar is decent now. Better than the lasher even.

As to which faction to join, I'd have to ask how experienced a player you are. NC = Easy Mode, TR = Medium, VS = Hard :p

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Gekul
NC = Easy Mode, TR = Medium, VS = Hard
:confused:

NC have one (count em) 1 good weapon and people want that nerfed. (edit: ok the phoenix can be ok but only if you got a very safe place to stand for a period of time)

TR - best medium assault weapon (cycler) - most destructive MAX (pounder) - both their empires vehicles can carry 3 people whereas the other empires can only hold 2 - homing missile anti vehicle that kills a MAX in 3 hits - The best pistol in the game which makes TR infils the most dangerous.

VS - All MAXes can fly which makes attacking bases and towers so much easier as it lets them avoid the usual choke points when trying to get inside - Magrider! (omg) I see a magrider, I get behind a tree so it can't see me, it goes past on the road about 40 metres away, I'm dead!? oh... it.. ran me over? the driver can just roam about firing at people while running the rest over - Lancer, sniper rifle with great rate of fire - Purple helmets, yes their outfits are so ridiculous I start to laugh when I see them and it puts me off my aim :mad:

G

Gekul

Let me guess, NC? ;)

NC have one (count em) 1 good weapon and people want that nerfed. (edit: ok the phoenix can be ok but only if you got a very safe place to stand for a period of time)

NCs weapons are ok, the only reason you think only the JH is good is because it is so good. I wouldn't like to see the JH nerfed though, it is probably the only HA weapon that lives up to it's 4 cert point cost.

TR - best medium assault weapon (cycler) - most destructive MAX (pounder) - both their empires vehicles can carry 3 people whereas the other empires can only hold 2 - homing missile anti vehicle that kills a MAX in 3 hits - The best pistol in the game which makes TR infils the most dangerous.

I don't bother using a MAX against TR, the striker (and the fact that every TR carries one) means I'm better off in reinforced.
That their vehicles need 3 people is more of a disadvantage I think tbh.

VS - All MAXes can fly which makes attacking bases and towers so much easier as it lets them avoid the usual choke points when trying to get inside - Magrider! (omg) I see a magrider, I get behind a tree so it can't see me, it goes past on the road about 40 metres away, I'm dead!? oh... it.. ran me over? the driver can just roam about firing at people while running the rest over - Lancer, sniper rifle with great rate of fire - Purple helmets, yes their outfits are so ridiculous I start to laugh when I see them and it puts me off my aim

The maxes can fly, but their weapons aren't up to much :) The quaser is quite a good AI MAX (except against TR :eek: ), but no better or worse than NC maxes I feel.
I get run over by vanguards in much the same way, the size + lag comp make all tanks hitboxes huge.
The lancer I suppose could be used to snipe vehicles, although the COF on it means you'll miss at least one of these shots (while crouching). Against infantry? You will not be sniped by one unless you're standing still, and even then you'll probably be missed. It can not possible be used as a sniper rifle.

And my outfit looks good damnit! :)

S

Spinky

Let me guess Gekul, you're VS?

How did I know that, simple, you wrote the most about how VS weaponry is crap compared to the other empires :p

J

Jonaldo

Oh by the way I don't have a Jackhammer cert :)

G

Gekul

Originally posted by Spinky
Let me guess Gekul, you're VS?

How did I know that, simple, you wrote the most about how VS weaponry is crap compared to the other empires :p

If I wanted to post about the shortcomings of VS weapons it would be a bit longer than that, Omniscieous' post contained more discussion on VS weaponry - my reply did the same.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Oh by the way I don't have a Jackhammer cert :)

you're mad! I looted one earlier and suddenly I was dangerous :p

S

Spinky

Originally posted by Gekul
If I wanted to post about the shortcomings of VS weapons it would be a bit longer than that, Omniscieous' post contained more discussion on VS weaponry - my reply did the same.

Well true, but semantics aside, you have to admit that a majority of the time if someone is trying to justify that their realm/empire/side is the gimpiest, more often than not they tend to write an essay about how it' s because they're so much weaker (in many VS weapon cases it's actually true, they have more accuracy which i suppose in the devs eyes is 'balance', wrong thread for argument about that though) and then proceed to write 3 lines or so about why the other sides are uber (For Planetside it appears to consist of TR max, Jackhammer and i've heard Lancer bounded about before, in Daoc it's SoS, ae stun, group purge). Sad but true it always happens, a true imbalance might be ignored for a very long time but the community whine is always dealt with quickly, this is where I do like sony in some respect, they actually say 'no' to the customers until they (possibly) have tested it properly for themselves. Anywho, toodle-oo.

J

Jupitus

Frankly all the shit that people spout about 'nerf this, nerf that' fucks me right off. If you want to play a game where there is no variety between the opposing sides then fuck off and find one. I like the fact that the opposing sides here have different areas of strength and weakness.

Do I have JH cert? Yes. Am I an uber leet killer? Go and look at my fucking stats... BR14 with just over 250 kills <shrug>

There will be variations with the wepaons but overall it will balance out, almost exactly, through the amount of testing that is/has been done and through the knowledge of the developers, who do actually know more about the game than any of you whiners ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom