The.. person who reported midgard relic raid on irc toady

O

old.Patrick-S

Originally posted by chretien
then hib casters suddenly wouldn't be the best RvR machines in the game anymore
lol thats why the people in hib with highest rps are casters? :sleeping: and everyone moaning about chanter pbaoe afaik isnt spiritmasters pbaoe better? they just dont use it as much and as for debuff + baseline nuke all realms have it but yea mana line is overpowered but point is u cant do them all at once so kindve means on large scale fights enchanters dont have that big of an advantage imho

Z

zero-

lol you have the relics - choke on em etc - just quit the bs here bout who got a beating & whos better etc

relicraid isnt anything about skill or knowledge - just numbers :> mebbe someone gets an aespell in trough the 0.5 fps ppl hacking away at eachother etc

kthx

G

gengi

/salute Mids

Was a good raid and as someone reported the new engine is crap when faced with 200 + people.
I ran all the way to the gate and thought I was in only to find I had died halfway up the hill:p

Enjoy them Middies one day we will get them back

later

H

hangianix

Originally posted by Dook_Pug

Roa! Come back to bed! We haven't finished our 'butt fucking' yet!

:eek:

ROFL!

Good work btw!

/salute

L

Lam

Congratulations mids for taking the relics. Although I wasn't online when it happened it sounds like you had a well organised raid.

A

amazingsteve

Originally posted by Balthazar

Dont think it will hurt hib much...we hit our cap on normall nukes anyway because debuffs in very good lines...

And what about the eldies? 3% of hibernia´s casters are still something else than enchanters..

T

Turamber

Originally posted by mojomoo
I think albs were more of a hinderence to you when with a little thought and a boat load better timeing they could have had a bloody good chance of takeing their relic before you did

Possibly. It is very tricky to organise a relic strike when simply reacting to another realms raid, not to mention the fact that we didn't really have the numbers or the organisation in the field to do that. Relic raids take days to organise ... would have been a miracle if we had been able to pull that off.

But we did have a good go. After farming both other realms for realm points of course ;)

O

old.Bubble

Did you expect the albs to just stay out of the way? :)

Did you expect 16 albs to charge into 100+ mids and try and defend your relics? :D

How about camp your boarder keep and kill the stranglers that try and make it out to defend your relic? :)

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by Silent Shadow
Well done for taking the ip Ottar, he deserves it :)

Unfortunately (in this case) the IP is dynamic with BBB, so grabbing it doesn't prove very much. A restart of the comp and the sad git has a new IP.

C

Cadire

True ImLestat, but the person may have posted here in the past, before he announced the raid on irc.

Atually, I too have a dynamic IP, but I tend to get the same IP address back after rebooting my router. Only if I leave it off for a long time do I get assigned a new address.

Anyway, a search for the IP address on these boards is worth a go (I believe it's part of the admin functions).

E

Edlina

Originally posted by nemesisgm

History Lesson Time!!

Hibs and Mids did not co op raid against you hibs planned and pulled off a well organised raid but only died due to a couple of alb mages abusing bugs. Mids then broke in Myrddin's Took there relic, and in the spirit of fair game, let a hib take their relic. As had it not been for the abuse of bugs by albs hibs would have clearly capture the relic in their own right. I commanded that midgard Raid, and stand by the descision I made.

As for tonight, I commanded this raid as well. All I have to say is well done midgard, you stood tall and fought proud!

Durgi Shadowstalker,
Guildmaster of Nemesis.

I led the Hibernian forces that night, and Durgi is right on every point, the hibs died due to a couple of alb mages abusing bugs and couldn't be killed, the deathspam of Rumble were like 50 hibs and we couldn't kill him in any way. A stealther went ld at the RK and stayed there, then when a small hib force was moving back to do the last 90% on the third gate a mid force came and did the job, then we went in, and luckily mids played fair, and let us take our own power relic. no Co-opping, only difference made, was that we got 1 relic more, and mids 1 relic less since they, just imho, presented us with our own relic.

Knudden, nothing was co-op period. It wasn't planned, at ALL, was a mere coincidence, albs having taken all mid keeps, on the day, before the raid, just about asked for the mids to take some alb keeps, which they did, and I had planned the raid a week before, and siezed the opportunity to attack Myrrdin when it presented itself. Deal with it, and stop whining about the past. - I'm not saying albs and mids co-op'ed last night. And congratulations to mids for taking the relics. Turamber, you are quite waaay off on your posts.

G

Glyph_mid

Originally posted by knudden

that raid mid and hib hitting same time looked alot like co-op
and as the hours past and they got puched back they reformed
to clear co-op
time dont erase deeds
nice that u for one admit it but plz cut the lame excuses

I think it happend once or twice that hibs and albs attacked at the same time when midgard ruled supreme with all the relics once.

Noone should really talking about coop'ing, as all realms did it, knowing or not knowing

And we arent gloating here, this thread did start out as salute to the guy reporting us on IRC remember?, oh no?, stop flaming then.
All you need to do next time is to take the keep where we got a CS planted, and this thread wouldnt even exist

R

Roalith

Originally posted by Edlina
the hibs died due to a couple of alb mages abusing bugs and couldn't be killed, the deathspam of Rumble were like 50 hibs and we couldn't kill him in any way.

Just FYI, and in defence of Rumble:

GTAOE != Bug abuse.

T

Turamber

the hibs died due to a couple of alb mages abusing bugs and couldn't be killed, the deathspam of Rumble were like 50 hibs and we couldn't kill him in any way

As sure as eggs is eggs Rumble would not abuse a bug ... and he is most definitely kill-able, I know from experience :p

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by tildson
Yep, maybe that's low. But thats how it works nowadays if u havent noticed. #daoc.prydwen maybe? and ive played daoc long enough to tell by the look if there are 100 mids/alb :)

Ohhh no.. thats how it works IF YOUR A SAD LOOSER AND SHOULD BE SHOOT

R

Roalith

Originally posted by Teh Krypt

Newb. It dosnt lower the cap.

Okay, you got me, I'm a tank and know shit about caster damage. All I can say is I'll be very surprised and screaming for a nerf if you're still hitting me for cap damage.

A

amazingsteve

Originally posted by Roalith

Just FYI, and in defence of Rumble:

GTAOE != Bug abuse.

retard, GTAOE wasn´t live yet when that happened.

R

Roalith

Originally posted by amazingsteve

If this is the raid I'm thinking of, yes it was.

[edit]: Did some research. GTAOE came in at patch 1.51 - we went from 1.50 to 1.52 in Europe. Patch notes for 1.52 are on Rightnow dated as 15/10/2002. That's 5 months ago.

K

knudden

Originally posted by Glyph_mid

I think it happend once or twice that hibs and albs attacked at the same time when midgard ruled supreme with all the relics once.

Noone should really talking about coop'ing, as all realms did it, knowing or not knowing

And we arent gloating here, this thread did start out as salute to the guy reporting us on IRC remember?, oh no?, stop flaming then.
All you need to do next time is to take the keep where we got a CS planted, and this thread wouldnt even exist

grabbed worng quote look below :)

K

knudden

I led the Hibernian forces that night, and Durgi is right on every point, the hibs died due to a couple of alb mages abusing bugs and couldn't be killed, the deathspam of Rumble were like 50 hibs and we couldn't kill him in any way. A stealther went ld at the RK and stayed there, then when a small hib force was moving back to do the last 90% on the third gate a mid force came and did the job, then we went in, and luckily mids played fair, and let us take our own power relic. no Co-opping, only difference made, was that we got 1 relic more, and mids 1 relic less since they, just imho, presented us with our own relic.

Knudden, nothing was co-op period. It wasn't planned, at ALL, was a mere coincidence, albs having taken all mid keeps, on the day, before the raid, just about asked for the mids to take some alb keeps, which they did, and I had planned the raid a week before, and siezed the opportunity to attack Myrrdin when it presented itself. Deal with it, and stop whining about the past. - I'm not saying albs and mids co-op'ed last night. And congratulations to mids for taking the relics. Turamber, you are quite waaay off on your posts.

well ok we are clearly not talking bout the same raid then

L

Laird MacGregor

<Salute to mids for a well executed relic raid>

As a Warlord viewing the build up and execution I can only say that the Unity of Albion was made acutely aware that a strike was imminent BEFORE Hibernia, and before the despicable IRC leak.

Cross realm teaming? Didn't exist.

I had to place clear orders at our active garrison in Dun Scathaig to keep us effective in the battle; we block the Border Keep and Mile Gates. Our objective was to attack pivotal points when it became clear that Midgard were intent on attacking.

Had we gained the Staff of Merlin it would have been down to our own execution, but as such... keeping an Albion lockdown on the border keep was a commitment to the outcome I freely gave to our garrison when the first wave of the mid strike faltered.

I can only suggest that when BOTH Mids and Hibs attacked Dun Scathaig at the same time with HUGE forces that you get a map lads and improve on consolidating objectives during raids.

Had you locked your Hibs up inside the relic and banged platinum into the doors while you had a 30-minute window, well the outcome would have been different wouldn't it?

There was no cross realm teaming... we hit you both and hurt you both as best we could with what we had available at the time, and yes Albion can hold their heads up high for a job well done in freshening up the server.

Had the Mids asked us to take Dun Scathaig, had the Mids dropped the staff off at our door, well then and ONLY then would you have cause for concern for cross realm planning... but as it is, Albion met an Ad-hoc field command objective head on and executed it with style - although without a staff.

Midgard deserve credit for raiding,
Hibernia deserve credit for defending,
Albion deserves credit for getting stuck into the middle against both.

<Salute to all three realms who played in that sphere yesterday - It was an epic battle>

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by amazingsteve

If Rumble was killing things, it almost certainly was in. He's been a full spec earth wiz since he rolled the char, and pre-GTAoE, they seriously lacked real firepower.

T

tildson

Originally posted by Damon Doombring

Ohhh no.. thats how it works IF YOUR A SAD LOOSER AND SHOULD BE SHOOT

Shut up mr roleplayer and go farm SI ;)

C

Carnalito

Originally posted by Ottar
The.. person who reported midgard relic raid on irc toady:

host: c_2e4670d5.010-80-6c736b1.cust.bredbandsbolegat.se

origin IP 213.112.70.46

Ottar

Swedish ISP

:)

E

Edlina

Originally posted by Roalith

If this is the raid I'm thinking of, yes it was.

[edit]: Did some research. GTAOE came in at patch 1.51 - we went from 1.50 to 1.52 in Europe. Patch notes for 1.52 are on Rightnow dated as 15/10/2002. That's 5 months ago.

Retard :) got to love Tar, and no GTAOE was NOT in the game at the time when Midgard took 2 power relics and Hibernia took 1. I remember clearly, trust me.

Knudden, me and Durgi is talking about the relic raid where Midgard got their own power relic as well as Albions, and Hibernia got their power relic. Before that raid Hibernia held their own str relic Albion held the other 2 str relics and the 3 power relics, and this was BEFORE uber guard spawns was reduced by holding more than 2 relics.

C

Carnalito

Have found a few daoc players with ALMOST the same ip.

However, not proof of shit, and i dunno how bredbandsbolaget ip works, if it's static or not

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Balthazar
And pbaoe still does loads of damage, enough to wipe an entire alb army in seconds lol

Big <laugh> for people that say chanter are now worse

By helping the mids you only screwed yourself :lol::lol::lol:

hahah cant wait till you login and cry at your pbaoe damage :p

S

Shike

Carnalito, bredbandsbolaget dont use static IP, they use dynamic IP. (unfortunately) :)

M

mskin

you can keep the relics forever if this improves rvr, middies come out and play heute bitte?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom