The Passion of the Christ

Sar

Part of the furniture
I have problems with Mr "God".

If he's meant to be all knowing, all powerful and supremely benevolent, then why does he allow evil to exist and occur?

He's Omniscient, so he knows.

He's Omnipotent, so he knows beforehand and could prevent it because...

He's supremely benevolent.

But yet evil still exists. So Mr "God" must fall down on one of the three principles that would endow him with true God status. Ergo, "God", as such, does not exist.

I think that's the self-same "problem of evil" alluded to earlier.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sar said:

If he's meant to be all knowing, all powerful and supremely benevolent, then why does he allow evil to exist and occur?

But yet evil still exists. So Mr "God" must fall down on one of the three principles that would endow him with true God status. Ergo, "God", as such, does not exist.

I think that's the self-same "problem of evil" alluded to earlier.

Ah, my pet subject. :)

(That and the Ontological argument.)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I enjoyed this film. It was a bit violent but justified.

I couldnt say how accurate the film is as I cant remember the much of the brainwashing, I mean teaching, I got as sunday school.

If you have not seen it I would say watch it if you can handle violence.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
dysfunction said:
I enjoyed this film. It was a bit violent but justified.

I couldnt say how accurate the film is as I cant remember the much of the brainwashing, I mean teaching, I got as sunday school.

If you have not seen it I would say watch it if you can handle violence.

I donty think a 20 minute whipping scene is justified. You get the drift sooner than that.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
I think the only way the scourging scene could be justified is by saying, he had to suffer that much for our sins.

The bit where he stood up though I reckoned could have been missed out. I was expecting him to say "I'm going to get my dad to you!!!"

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
also if he didnt suffer so much, he wouldnt of fell down so many times carrying his cross, then the guy wouldnt of helped him etc... i think i read that somewhere.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Wij said:
Ah, my pet subject. :)

(That and the Ontological argument.)
That the Descartes' argument?

IE:

1. Whatever I clearly and distinctly perceive to be contained in the idea of something is true of that thing.
2. I clearly and distinctly perceive that necessary existence is contained in the idea of God.
3. Therefore, God exists.

It's flawed between points 2 & 3 - just because he thinks that necessary existence is contained in the idea of God doesn't mean it is. In an ideal world, yes, but we all know that this is far from said ideal world.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Sar said:

It comes down to Free Will imo. Evil exists because Humans choose to to do evil. God's greatest gift to humans is that we can determine our own destiny so therefore we have have to have a choice. If we could not choose to do evil then we would not be free. What is a good deeds if we can only do good deeds.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Argh - you pair of fucks. My two bestest essays ev4h :) (except for my one one Contractualist ethics)

I'll reply tomorrow maybe :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
Wij said:
Argh - you pair of fucks. My two bestest essays ev4h :) (except for my one one Contractualist ethics)

I'll reply tomorrow maybe :)

Bwahahaha

*rubs hands*

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom