The Oscars

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Should have went to Fincher/Social Network.

Discuss.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
what you mean should have? :p you mean director/movie oscar, talking cutting, music, etc. too. There are more than one you know!

Susanne Bier got the best foreign language movie which was strange. I thought the movies this year was kinda sub par (granted i havnt seen Kings Speech) but good to see that Bale got supporting actor

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The oscars are a bunch of sycophants lording over people who get paid way too much to pretend to be someone else

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Fincher should definitely won best director. Kings speech was an actors movie and social network was def a directors movie.

Social network should also have won best picture IMO.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Don't get me wrong. I agree that the Oscars is a ridiculous gathering of rich white people patting each other on the back. I just think Fincher/The Social Network should have got the pats.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Nice to see Colin Firth getting one, but other than that I have virtually zero interest in all that self-congratulatory cosmetic surgery Hollywood bollocks.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Social Network was nowhere near as good as people make it out to be, yes it was a good retelling of a semi-fictional work but there were no standout acting performances of note, cinamatography was bog standard for most of the film and it wouldn't have scored that high in any of the other categories either really.

Oh and Bale winning best supporting actor for The Fighter, oh dear. That character was so one dimensional and while some things he did well there were other bits where I felt he was hamming it up.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Timberlake's performance was the only one of note in The Social Network, a great film yes, but it got the prizes it deserved. Kings Speech was better overall.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I'm sorry but I completely disagree. Fincher was definitely the best Director this year. Her took a scene where someone was "hacking" on the internet and made it feel like an action sequence.

The Cinematography was also not "bog-standard". Think of the boat race scence, that was amazingly well put together.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'm sorry but I completely disagree. Fincher was definitely the best Director this year. Her took a scene where someone was "hacking" on the internet and made it feel like an action sequence.

The Cinematography was also not "bog-standard". Think of the boat race scence, that was amazingly well put together.

Really? I thought that was pretty awful, it looked so fake.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Difference of opinion I guess :)

I do think the Firth deserved the best actor award but otherwise The kings Speech just seemed a a little formulated.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I thought Inception maybe could've won more, but I just liked film maybe im being bias'd about it :p

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I would defo have given best Director to Nolan ahead of hooper.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I thought Inception maybe could've won more, but I just liked film maybe im being bias'd about it :p
Sci-Fi like, never wins awards though, not unless it's regarding best special effects etc.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
social network was a fucking shit ass boring film. Really can't see why people kept raving on about this pile of garbage.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Think it was a bad year for films if the two standout winners/nominees were The King's Speech and The Social Network. Seriously dry.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
cos i thought a shit film was shit? mmmk.

Didn't you get the memo? This thread is about Cerb being right, and no one else's opinion mattering, especially not the peers of those that made the films.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Didn't you get the memo? This thread is about Cerb being right, and no one else's opinion mattering, especially not the peers of those that made the films.

This man gets it.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Best Costume Design, Best Effects, Visual Effects, Best Film Editing, Best Music, Original Score and Best Sound

Still not one of the biggies though.

...but not just special effects.

Now you're done with that, how about the various Lord of the Rings films?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
To be fair it took them till the final one before they recognised it. And it is more the exception that proves the rule than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom