[SHADOW WARRIOR] The One Thread!

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Hey! Can't be there's no one else playing a SW! Let's start the SASWA (Semi-Anonymous Shadow Warrior Association)! :D

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
I love my Shadow Warrior even if nobody else does :) :ninja:

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
My main alt is a Shad Warr, love it. I dont find the DPS to be particularly high but the tricks they can pull can really save someones arse. At the moment I'm finding myself drawn toward the skirmish path, I like keeping mobile.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
My main alt is a Shad Warr, love it. I dont find the DPS to be particularly high but the tricks they can pull can really save someones arse. At the moment I'm finding myself drawn toward the skirmish path, I like keeping mobile.

Yeah me too, keeping mobile and using your root and snare to keep tanks kited it great fun while you hit them with broadhead and spinning arrow. Plus using your morale 'omfg you just threw me over a cliff' skill is quality.

You can always switch to scout stance during stand offs, fire arrow is cool.

I think its definitely an underpowered class though, I have trouble in 1v1's but meh, things can only get better in that department eh and its great fun to play so I don't care. :D

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Interesting thread, I notice that shadow warriors aren't included in opt group set up's on this forum but on the other hand I have positive experiences from low tier scenarios.

Why is BW such an FOTM class, I have out damaged them in many scenarios and the knock back is great.

Keep the thread going :cheers:

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Interesting thread, I notice that shadow warriors aren't included in opt group set up's on this forum but on the other hand I have positive experiences from low tier scenarios.

Why is BW such an FOTM class, I have out damaged them in many scenarios and the knock back is great.

Keep the thread going :cheers:

those BW's were doing something wrong then xD

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I'm probably having the lack of DPS coz I'm only level 12 so my skill set isn't so good. Just played with a bunch of level 17+ SW's and they were all in the top 5 DPS.

Love the knockback though, has saved my healers no end of times.

klasa

Loyal Freddie
those BW's were doing something wrong then xD

Well, I can't answer for what they did but only my own score :drink: Can someone please just tell me why 3 BW's are better then 2 BW's and 1 SW?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
As long as someone keeps me alive, I've usually been just behind the BWs in terms of damage dealt in T3 ...if the other guys pile up and stand together.

Expert Skirmisher, Charge Forth and Split Arrows can deal some pretty good damage (25% damage increase, 20% Crit, all targets within 20f of the initial target - only 45f range though).

In T4 I'm trying a full assault spec due to having a nice sword, but a rather outdated bow. In the last Scen I meleed a same-level (32) Marauder down, and afterwards a lvl40 WE I got the jump on.

We might not be as good as the primary class for the task (range/melee), but more consistent (exploding BWs, hah!) and versatile!

klasa

Loyal Freddie
I regularly play with a BW and must say that we make a good team. He really appreciate my knock backs and let me tell you some times he's more dangerous towards him self then the enemy.

For me a succesfull game means that a lot of carrers are wanted in groups and I think that mythic has done a good job. I just get some what depressed when people say that a good group is 3 BW's 2 RP's and 1 IB. I would say that you miss out a lot of utility going down that route.

I'm still a noob in this game and appreciate all the tips I can get playing this class.

duran3d

Fledgling Freddie
From my experience, this is one of the weakest classes in game, so easy to kill.

Maybe giving him dual wield, as many people is asking, could fix this class.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
AFAIK they have dual wield, they just need an "either hand" sword for their left hand.

mgX

Fledgling Freddie
i think that there are way too many BWs...at least in tor anroc... Tbh im not really fond of them, since they are hopelessly squishy, doesnt do alot of dps, and they just seem to get in the way...much rather replace them with tanks :/

klasa

Loyal Freddie
i think that there are way too many BWs...at least in tor anroc... Tbh im not really fond of them, since they are hopelessly squishy, doesnt do alot of dps, and they just seem to get in the way...much rather replace them with tanks :/

The problem is that when you try playing a tank in a scenario ending up with randoms, the healers seems to believe that nuking is their top priority and not healing...........trying to play a tank in that enviornemnt is not fun.

BW and SW are just simpler to play when you end up with nuking healrs

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm but does that sword even exist? I haven't seen any yet?

I tested this theory out on about 2nd day of release when i found an either hand sword on AH cheap,bought it and wouldn't go in the left hand slot so my guess is its an urban myth or was meant to happen but was dropped before release.

duran3d

Fledgling Freddie
Ok. I just gave up this class (at level 26). His Dps is too low (bow has the dps of a 1h weapon, when it should be at least similar to 2h weapons), and it has no that much utility, compared to other classes.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I tested this theory out on about 2nd day of release when i found an either hand sword on AH cheap,bought it and wouldn't go in the left hand slot so my guess is its an urban myth or was meant to happen but was dropped before release.

unless it says that you can dual wield in the general skill tab you can't. tho there are some classes that can later on. seen a chosen dual wield at 40 but dunno when they get it tho.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
lol, there are no opted setups. anyone that claims otherwise is wrong :)

I claim full tank groups (6 Tanks) non-opted!

Magus/2+ Sorc Bomb groups aren't exactly fun to play against, nothing like being sucked out of your spawn location and right into pbae spam (T4 SP).

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Ok. I just gave up this class (at level 26). His Dps is too low (bow has the dps of a 1h weapon, when it should be at least similar to 2h weapons), and it has no that much utility, compared to other classes.

When you get Festering Arrow in the scout line your damage will get a nice boost. I can hit ppl for 1300 damage now (lv 28). And thats not too bad imo. I dont think you have to worry about playing a class that isnt regarded as "omgpwnage!!!" this early in the game either. These classes are the first to get som love usually.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
When you get Festering Arrow in the scout line your damage will get a nice boost. I can hit ppl for 1300 damage now (lv 28). And thats not too bad imo. I dont think you have to worry about playing a class that isnt regarded as "omgpwnage!!!" this early in the game either. These classes are the first to get som love usually.

I started down the Scout line too, skirmish is good fun but really getting in too close to melee classes is dangerous.

I find the best tactic is to maximise Ballistics stat, go for pure bow DPS, stay as far away as possible and if anything gets too close, snare them and run away like a girl.

I find using Vengeance, Steady Aim then hitting casters with Rapid Fire you can get some really nice damage. But obviously the cooldown is quite harsh on that maneuver.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
I find the best tactic is to maximise Ballistics stat, go for pure bow DPS, stay as far away as possible and if anything gets too close, snare them and run away like a girl.

Yeah, I fully agree with this tactic. I'm still a bit of a lowbie at level 15 but I've gone down the scout route maximising damage by equipping as many items with +ballistic points on them.

I generally sit back, preferably as far as I can get without going out-of-range, preferably slightly hidden, and preferably up high - and rail in the bow shots.

If anything charges at me (like melee classes) I try and drop in a takedown shot to slow them, put in some DOT's and run, as Gef said "like a girl". I tend to run in the direction of some allied melee classes and try and drop that root/snare so our melee classes can pound on them whilst you bow them from range. Or alternatively if you've got enough morale, a knock-back to provide some more distance before you run.

I find the skirmish stance quite good for when an enemy is running from you, so you can run after them firing spiral-fletched arrow and take them down.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH

While Festering Arrow might seem good it's better to use acid arrow + Eagle eye against some targets, especially later one when it's quite easy to get 40+% corp resists.
Don't know about if the class needs love, tried it in beta and the only difference was we didn't have Rapid fire there and at level 40 under the right conditions you can kill support and casters in 1 second (yes 1 second) doing over 6k damage in 1 second (proof vs a level 40 Zealot).

It's just that we are at the stage of the game where people are still trying to figure out things and often cry nerf before realising their class can deal with alot of these situations.
When I played SW the only classes that had a slight chance to take me down where WE's and Marauders and they had to pump quite some abilities to do so in most situations.
I also don't think SW's need a boost just yet as people just need to learn how to play them effectively and they are a really viable class, although I must add I only really tried the Scout line not the other ones and that line seems perfect for every single situation.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
After hitting 40, I've got to say that ranged classes sure aren't what they were in DAoC. In open RvR everyone closes the distance you can shoot from within 10seconds, and that's with barely more than a scratch.
Keep sieges are especially annoying. By design, the area at the gate should be a deathzone for the attackers, hence the walls siding the approach to the gate.
The attackers just need to stay in the middle and you're not going to be in range to hit anyone.

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Shadow Warrior damage can be decent, im full skirmish and with Unshakable Focus up (Morale 2) ive crit with Lileath's Arrow(2sec cast) for 2.3k so normally just over 1k without morale boost.

Spiral(1sec cast) hits 300 - 650 crits for 500 - 1000 and with morale 2 ive hit for 1.7k~

Depends so much on the target.. Sorcs, Shamans and Witch elves are the most squishy, obviously shield tanks are the toughest however i hit heavy tanks with 2handers for more than marauders.

I have 900 Ballistic Skill in skirmish stance which gives +180 Ability DPS

Now for some whine..

Lileath's Arrow like all CAOE has to be used on flat ground or it hits nothing or one target if you're lucky. If it worked like Demolition wouldn't it be sweet ;p

the tactic "Bullseye"(whenever you crit you gain 20% crit for 5 sec) does not proc on Lileath's Arrow or aoe spiral hits or DoTs

If you're using Charge Forth you have 45 range and 65 without.. which is the range of most melee classes snares/pull attacks/root shit, once snared destruction melee will be all over you in seconds and you will die.

Witch Elves and Marauders rip us apart in seconds and in most cases its not even healable and atleast on Eight Peaks you meet loads of them.

Heavy tanks have crit me for up to 1k.. normally around 500 but you basically just have to snare and ignore them as they take too long to kill.

and I want Disciples of Khaine nerfed into the ground...

but overall i really like the class just wish some bugs were fixxed and we had alot more survivability.. or better yet ranged attacks removed from melee dps.. this should be more like daoc than wow

How can you make the best rvr game ever (DAoC) and design a new RvR/PvP focused game and make it more like WoW.. seriously what were they thinking, ok whine over.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i love my shadow warrior the fun isnt necesarily in the damage it can do but its versatility!

though would be nice to have a off-hander (like the elf in the intro movie no? :p )

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
For those that dont know

Enchanted Arrows tactic will also make festering arrows ignore resists. It's missing from teh tooltip. Using this tactic will boost your dps alot and open the doors to the 2-4k spikes when used with Unshakable Focus :)

My first trip into SP :)

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom