"The One Thing" You'd like to see in DAOC

D

darzil

I agree with lots of these ideas !

Collison detection would certainly be my highest priority, but it'd pretty much need to be a different game, I think, as so many skills and abilities are based on it not existing.

Aside from that, perhaps crafter quests. Say one for each title gained, that either add to your skill, or give an item that gives a bonus to either quality chance or make chance.

S

SilverHood

link sent of to sanya last night... hopefully she'll read it...

D

dwindimir

Better, faster transportation for 50s (Wyvern, Roc or Pegasus) so that us rich folk dont have to mingle with the rabble.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by The Real Redi
true - the best way i heard the reason described, which i will now butcher:

To colour things, you are in essence just laying a different coloured light onto the surface

If you have a wooden box, wood brown as nature intended, and you take it into a cupboard, that is completely dark. Now, get a torch with a red lens on it - shine it on the box - the box appears red. Now get a green light - box is green. If you get a white light and shine it on the box - what colour is it? Brown. So what colour light would you have to shine on it to make it white?

see, told you i hadn't got it enough to not butcher it ;)

Good explanation.
No way to get round it without making different dyes actual different textures, instead of merely a light being cast upon a single texture. And doing that would probably lag-ify RvR up even more :p

T

trigali

A portal to take you BACK to Ageirhamn, from Svasud Faste.

U

Urme the Legend

One more thing:

A Counter on the dragon please! What to know how many he killed :)

T

tripitaka

the one thing i'd like is ...

to have ppl ask when outside of ur grp, if they can camp with you on the mobs ur grp is currently killing - and not walk in and kill the last 2 of a 10 mob spawn ur grp has been killing for the last hour.

Perfect example - Worms in Treibh Callite (Hibby)

We had almost 1fg of 25-30 lvl peeps camping the worms - in walks a chanter and starts focus pulling worms.

Now, a FG goes thru those worms quite quickly, so when the chanter takes the last 2 , we got pretty miffed, as they didn't pop that quickly.

T

Tenko

Re: =)

Originally posted by edoa
A dress that some classes(albion prefered) could wear on the armor, should be dyable and have the ability to get an emblem on it.

You mean a Tabard? Nice idea (put it in the cloak slot and you wont even have to change the rag-doll)

I'd want:

:- Housing in the cities (all those empty rooms in the towns and cities should be rentable. would be a slightly different system to the housing being implemented, but I'd think of it as a cheeper but less versatile system)

:- roleplaying skills (cooking, skinning etc)

:- more roleplay items (Hats are nice but maybe skirts and stuff, plus have different designs for the same item, just for effect)

:- Material farming (Mining, hunting for furs and leather etc)

:- Rename the game "Dark Age of Ultima Online" :p

E

Edaudric

What I'd like to see is the ability for hisheasones players to train lower levels, just as an NPC trainer.
I.e. a 15 level Polearm Armsman can train a lower armsman to 15 Pole.
Would be very interesting, methinks.

L

Lanceloc

Insta-everything gone.

If not that then either

realm vs realm collision detection

or

mounted combat

(Wish for all of the above really)

M

mid_Efour

tanks, rocket launchers, MG 42s, naked luris being spit roasted by trolls, Cross realm peace and harmony.

any of these im happy

E

edoa

Re: Re: =)

Originally posted by Tenko
You mean a Tabard? Nice idea (put it in the cloak slot and you wont even have to change the rag-doll)

Well english isnt my first language but yeah If its named Tabard thats what I mean :)

P

[PS] Glaive

more events e.g

A Dragon lose in Alb would be fun. lol!

K

Kernum

The introduction of horses that you can buy like in everquest. Horses without set routes so you can travel uber fast across the frontier without having to have a mincer.

Errrm and pray what would then be the point of a Mincer, Skald or Bard hmm?
No horsies ok for anywhere in own realm not such a hot idea in RvR <how would YOU like it if i could buy a pet that takes away one of your main abilities? miffed? i think so>
K.

A

Apathy

All the hundreds of irritating bugs and broken things that have been in the game for over a year now to be fixed.

FIXED!

a.

O

old.LandShark

Re: Re: =)

Originally posted by Tenko
Is it not called a surcoat? Perhaps I'm thinking of something else =)

:- Housing in the cities (all those empty rooms in the towns and cities should be rentable. would be a slightly different system to the housing being implemented, but I'd think of it as a cheeper but less versatile system)

:- roleplaying skills (cooking, skinning etc)

:- more roleplay items (Hats are nice but maybe skirts and stuff, plus have different designs for the same item, just for effect)

:- Material farming (Mining, hunting for furs and leather etc)

Sounds
:- Fantastic

:- Ignorable for those that don't care, and great for those that do :)

:- Groovy!

:- Like hell

K

kuragari

I've been playing for 4 days...

... I would like to see a useful map

L

Lorthania

A common vault that can be accessed by all the characters on your account/realm. Would make it a lot easier to exchange items between main and alts...

S

'Shy

Let classes other than Friars wear leather robes ffs!!!!!

R

Ruin

Kobbie Zerks, Would be cool with small vendos running around :D

H

huck

Some sort of Pack Mule so u can carry more spoils of war
and
quick cast for healers

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by kuragari
I've been playing for 4 days...

... I would like to see a useful map

Well, there's plenty online mate, although I realise that's not quite as ideal as in-game merchants selling maps and what have you.

T

Tenko

Re: Re: Re: =)

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Is it not called a surcoat? Perhaps I'm thinking of something else =)

Hmm....

Tabbard (My spelling was wrong :p)

King's%20Tabbard%201.jpg

Surcoat

medknisun.jpg

So pretty much the same thing, but after checking out the pictures I've change my mind and now think its a bad thing as it obviously makes you gay. :D

A

accollon

A few things

RvR lasting longer. People shout about resists being too overpowering, i think they are good, as it makes battles last longer. Maybe halving RvR damage or something. <hears the flames of assasins approaching>

More armour styles.

if not white, then eggshell dye ;)

Group V group duels

quickcast for casters

a death that occurs within 10 seconds of going linkdead does not give an xp death.

no insta CC, and make all mez into into a Root hybrid, it lets you fight/block/use a bow etc but not cast spells or heal.

Have the ability to port to the end of your own frontier.

L

Lanceloc

a death that occurs within 10 seconds of being rezzed does not make u lose xp

O

old.Stang

A vault were you can switch items/gold between your characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom