"The One Thing" You'd like to see in DAOC

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by hardasnails
White dye is apparently physically impossible to do

true - the best way i heard the reason described, which i will now butcher:

To colour things, you are in essence just laying a different coloured light onto the surface

If you have a wooden box, wood brown as nature intended, and you take it into a cupboard, that is completely dark. Now, get a torch with a red lens on it - shine it on the box - the box appears red. Now get a green light - box is green. If you get a white light and shine it on the box - what colour is it? Brown. So what colour light would you have to shine on it to make it white?

see, told you i hadn't got it enough to not butcher it ;)

O

old.Halfpint

A way to make large scale battles more fun and last longer than the usual "zerg"(collision detection would help with this I think, by helping different classes achieve what they where envisaged to do).

X

Xarkaltos

Arrow selection on the quickbar for archers rather than having to order them in your pack.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by The Real Redi
true - the best way i heard the reason described, which i will now butcher:

To colour things, you are in essence just laying a different coloured light onto the surface

If you have a wooden box, wood brown as nature intended, and you take it into a cupboard, that is completely dark. Now, get a torch with a red lens on it - shine it on the box - the box appears red. Now get a green light - box is green. If you get a white light and shine it on the box - what colour is it? Brown. So what colour light would you have to shine on it to make it white?

see, told you i hadn't got it enough to not butcher it ;)

hey thanks, I actually understood that (I knew how it worked from before but this will make me able to explain to others ;))

B

bishibosh

get rid of IP
(and a 2nd thing, chanters lose stun and snare dd pet)

B

bishibosh

get rid of IP
(and a 2nd thing, chanters lose stun and snare dd pet)

C

Cala-more

receive a item for reaching certain rr... eg rr10 receives a uber item

Also like in Uo when your account had been open for a year you received some nice rewards

Mutch of the stuff already said sounds good:

1 arena's
2armour graphics. this could include maybe a picture on the breast plate for a tank. eg rr10 = a dragon on the breast plate

K

Kagato.

1) Some way of restoring the durability of an item (at a suitibly expensive cost of cause). As some people have designed there SC templates around ROG items that cannot be replaced or one time non-transferable quest rewards.

2) Remove the damn 35+ coning yellow system, please ! Im starting to get a guilt complex for killing greys and greens who I thought were yellow, I try to be a nice tank :(

S

sugah

Epic helms and shields. So that they have more details and i'd actually like my paladin to hit every once in a blue moon.

A

arrakeen

make a new flat RvR area abit like emain, but where all realms port to.

generally lots of new RvR stuff like siege towers, new kind of strong holds lots of stuff :)

S

Shike

remove all MGs, the camping of these is silly and destroy a lot.

Tweak RAs like IP so they are affected by disease, determination affects weaponstylestuns, BoF doubles meleeresists but makes your magical halve, BAoD doubles magical but halves melee and so on, a beneficial active RA should make you suffer in the opposite area imo, they should also give a graphical effect that is visible to everyone and so on, RAs really need to be looked over properly.

Set a max cap at magical resists so they cant exceed 60% nomatter whatta hell you do, 100%+ resists are totally out of the line I think.

Add a bonus to xp when you are more people in groups to encourage grouping in PvE more.

Make stealtherclasses more interesting and groupfriendly, also allow assassins to build traps and archers to track enemies and remove see hidden and true sight for gods sake.

I know these was more than 1 thing ,I could go on for several pages I think :)

Arenas would be bad imo, instead focus on doing the regular RvR more interesting for everyone.

O

old.Cher

hmm its true they asked for one thing, not a christmas wish list

Remove stealther based skills from the game, e.g See hidden and Truesight.

A

Archeon

The Removal of IP, or at the very least bring it down to a 50% instant heal.

R

Rory4

Please see my post in the similarly titled thread in Excalibur General Discussion. I think a lot of prbs with BDs need to be addressed. BDs are up there with animists for bugginess and 'unintended features' but don't seem to be getting much attention atm.

I

inuyasha

"The One Thing" You'd like to see in DAOC:

The:

"Do you want to become all powered, immortal and with editior rights legally, yes or no" button

M

M® Zîllâ

Albion 2h/pole not haveing to spec a base damage ie,thr/sla/cru

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Make crafting more interesting and challenging - like in EQ.
- hunting components
- being able to dye the crafted items

More variety in armor skins.

O

old.Tohtori

Rabbits.

What?!

Rabbits have rights too you know. It's not like some fancypancy armorpiece comes over a living breathing pixel bunny. But i don't want the rabbits to be killable things, oh not at all, i want them to be bought, as friends. No help at all in battle, sometimes in the way perhaps but they can around you like good lil bunnies do! Here's a list:

Snakes.

Dogs.

Cats.

Hamsters.

Gerbils.

Mice.

Parrots.

Bluebirds

and...

Bunnies!

All friends you can buy for a good lil cost (like 25g/animul to keep the servers from being swarmed) for a tiiny wiiny companion. You can also lock it in a box, where it will be when you log back in or want it out of your sight.

*bow*

G

Glacier

Remove all kinds of buffs and spellcraft... resists and specced ones.. maybe make the buffs selfbuffs but thats all... might not seem thinkable to people but it would :
Make it able to solo again.
Give mages the ability to dmg things again.
make people who worked hard for their equipment be a small bit better than the others.
Make it possible to kill friars as mage :p.
Its just a wish, its never gonna happen.... i just wish they never put these things in in the first place...

P

Pempulla

Lots of people seem to be asking for nerfs on other classes...:(

A simple thing that I would really like to see (and is implemented in the housing patch?) is a large guild vault: e.g. at least 100 slots that any guild member of a certain rank has access to. Would help a crafter and its customer quite a lot if they were able to make deliveries to guildies e.g. from AF to DL through a 'guild vault'. NPCs selling player made items don't sound too bad either (actually very good), but the guild vault is something that is needed by every guild and, in addition, is not a 'nerf' to anyone.

M

mots

Added powerregen with 10min timer to Spiritmasters Suppline
or
Added Stunshout to Skald

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
There is a copyright on that one... bast. :p

That was actually an honest mistype...Meant to write animal but i guess some words are hardcoded. :D

M

Mikal

two things actually

hard cap on resist (say 40-50%) or curve resists after a certain amount (26%?) so you need 2% resist to get 1% effective at 27%-35%, 3% resist to get 1% effectively at 36%-50% and so on (just example numbers)

AND

change how spell levels affect resists, maybe base resists on the average of spell level and playerlevel (or spec level),
to allow for better and more different multispeccing among casting classes

L

logan6

some sort of Range limit on all Buffs like the shammy endurance buff.

in other words, nerf buffbots!

U

Urme the Legend

Notes! I want to write short notes somewhere ingame ;)

Y

-yoda-

1/ Calamores idea rocks :) for each Realm Rank u acheive "ie Eagle Knight , Lion Knight" you can goto your trainer and hand in your Epic armor for a swap and it will have a different graphic on it ,

2/ some sort of SPY system .. maybe a RA for a scout where he can "Disguise himself as a troll/firbolg etc etc" and when in emain or other frontiers has the ability to mingle with there enemy , finding out good info on what there upto , timed of course,

3/i also like that ladder idea for keep raids... as a tank u cant do much when defending except stand inside and wait for enemy to bust through doors. so giving raiders a ladder siege item so they can scale walls with them "not just assasins and mincers"

4/ Ability for CRAFTERS "v high lvl ones" t0 put graphics on CRAFTED armors , similer to the kits to create the new hats "jesters . steeple"

5/ allow for FRIARS to become more races . AFAIK friars are the only chars in all realms that can only be one race ? id like to be able to see inconnu or saracan friars for example :)

Y

-yoda-

p.s would be nice if Sanya would actually says hello if she reads this so we know us europeans do actually have some sort of say "if onlyalittle one" and that she does take the time to read our ideas :)

A

Axuk

I'd like to see

A friend's list with an unrestricted amount of slots. Hundreds of players and room for only 25 people in friends list?

A diary/notebook with the ability to make notes to help keep track of who is who (alts), or why they are on your list (crafters etc), shortcuts cross country between places etc.

Anon mode should not allow people to pm you on spec to see if you are there or not.

If the anon mode is there for privacy.. then you should not be able to contact that player unless they permit it.

They should maybe get the message that you are not in game.. while you still receive their pm for example and can choose to answer or not.

Fix the bug that says you are flagging for group members when you are not!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom