Football The Old Trafford rules

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
As much as I'm a fan of Manc conspiracies regarding Old Trafford, the amount of injury time played was correct (and technically was actually SHORTER than it should have been).

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH

This is hardly a study, all it shows is that referee's are perhaps more interested in an exciting game towards the end, caught up in home crowd enthusiasim. Or at least that is my interpretation of their 'study'.

Now if the Guardian had conducted this study across the whole of the EPL, and come back with conclusive results that show that Manchester United is the only team to receive extra extra time, then I would be satisfied with their claim.

I am a Man U fan, but seriously, I reckon this sort of thing goes on at most grounds.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
As much as I'm a fan of Manc conspiracies regarding Old Trafford, the amount of injury time played was correct (and technically was actually SHORTER than it should have been).

Define correct. Show me the formula.

Extra time is at 4th official's discretion. It's there in the rules.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
What annoys me is at the end Fergie is seen almost wanking off the 4th official!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Define correct. Show me the formula.

Extra time is at 4th official's discretion. It's there in the rules.

Actually it's not the 4th official's discretion, this is a common misconception.
The 4th official's board holdup is a MINIMUM, the final time is the referee's discretion.

Each substitution gets a marked 30 seconds on time.
Each goal gets (this varies) 30-60 seconds of time added on. This depends on how the goal is celebrated, and how long it takes to kick back off again.

On Sunday the fourth official held up a MINIMUM of 4 minutes. Then a sub was made after this time, and a goal scored, putting the time to 95:30, 4 seconds earlier the goal was scored. FYI Bellamy's celebrations took approximately 1 minute.

Then there is the added time that SHOULD have been after Owen's goal, but this did not occur. The game ended something like 20 seconds after Owens goal. It should have ended in the 97th minute.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is hardly a study, all it shows is that referee's are perhaps more interested in an exciting game towards the end, caught up in home crowd enthusiasim. Or at least that is my interpretation of their 'study

Very lenient interpretation of the study, considering all they did was examine the facts of official game timings.

Not met anyone who's not a Manc fan who doesn't feel completely the opposite ;)

Edit: Oh and Waz, I didn't think the game warranted 4 minutes extra time in the first place. Neither did the manc fan who I watched it with :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom