Football The Old Trafford rules

Wij

I am a FH squatter
1.) Visitors can't have penalties.
2.) Extra time is determined by Alex Ferguson.

Any more ? :)

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
3.) Any team who plays there must have fans incapable of accepting that they simply lost to Man Utd.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
3.) Any team who plays there must have fans incapable of accepting that they simply lost to Man Utd.

I'm a Sheff Weds fan so makes no odds to me but last time I checked Football wasn't American Football where the clock stops as soon as the ball is out of play and doesn't re-start until it's back in play. If it were injury time would be 20min+ :)

If every sub had already added 30 secs and every goal had already added a minute then there should have been a damn sight more than 4 mins in the first place but football doesn't work like that. At the end of the day injury time is not about mathematics despite what Match Of The Day 2 says. The laws put it at ref's discretion and ref's tend to wait for the signal from Fergie :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I do agree that the amount of injury time United regularly get at Old Trafford is beyond silly. But I bet Hughes didn't complain when he was playing in the team that benefitted from it.

Besides United did deserve to win that game, they were clearly the better team. Unlike when a certain Midlands club was robbed of a result at the death towards the end of last season...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
5) Pies are banned from the ground, only thing you are allowed to eat is prawn sandwiches.

Man U get away with murder at times, its disgraceful how many 5 minutes overtime they get at Old Trafford :/

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I do agree that the amount of injury time United regularly get at Old Trafford is beyond silly. But I bet Hughes didn't complain when he was playing in the team that benefitted from it.

Course he didn't. He even talked about that in an interview.

United were the better side but oftentimes the better side only gets a draw. Them's the breaks.

Does anyone still have the footage to determine how long the celebration for Owen's goal was and how much extra time was added after that restart ? :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If you are a UTD fan you have to boo every ex-player regardless of whether he asked to leave or was shown the door.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
If you are a football fan you have to boo every ex-player regardless of whether he asked to leave or was shown the door.

Fixed your post. :)

I remember cov fans booing huckerby when the club sold him to Leeds and he didn't want to go. The same fans made up the song about Dion Dublin when he broke his neck at Aston Villa (after the club tried to sell him 3 times whilst he was with us).

Football fans are notoriously one eyed. The only time I think I ever saw the Cov fans be consistent was with bellamy. We hated the little prick when he "played" (if that's what you could call it) for us and we hated him when he moved.

By all means criticise utd fans of being smug gloryboy fuckwits but be fair about the whole booing ex-players thing. I think Robbie Keane is one of the few footballers that I can think of who actually manages to keep the respect from the fans when he moves on.

M

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Paul Robinson got a standing ovation when he played at Elland Road for Blackburn. He didnt want to go, only had to because we really needed the cash at the time./

On the other end of the scale though, alan smith will never be welcome at Elland Road again because he moved to Man United. Not a big deal for me, but you have some diehards who refuse to accept he went where he had to(Man U was the only club to put money in for him.)

Harry Kewell will never be welcome at Elland road either, due to the way in which he left for Liverpool. Bowyer too.

If a player leaves amicably, I think 9/10 he will get a heros welcome. Like when Teves left West Ham the season after he helped keep them in the top flight. He got a standing ovation.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Kolo left was cheered by the Arsenal away fans Moneybuymore wa booed because of his attitude since leaving. The only players who seem to get a hard time every time is Ca$hly Cunthole and Le Sulk. Others like Reyes get a mixed reaction. But the majority are welcomed back like heroes Pires and Edu recently.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
On the other end of the scale though, alan smith will never be welcome at Elland Road again because he moved to Man United. Not a big deal for me, but you have some diehards who refuse to accept he went where he had to(Man U was the only club to put money in for him.)

Alan Smith was the only bloody player to try his heart out to save Leeds from relegation, he was totally distraught when they got relegated. I support Leeds and Alan Smith is and always will be a god to me.

As for Man Utd, well yeah, they have to have most referees on their books, I just hope someone puts it right but we all know they won't.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
Trem love, he kissed the scum badge on his shirt when he scored his first goal.

deffo a no no for me tbh, fkin good player for Leeds and he did run his heart out but sacrilege kissing ther scum badge.

anyway, we are top of the league ma

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
How about, the opposition players learn how to defend first and then moan about added on time.

Its a MINIMUM of 4mins or whatever and when Craig Bellend was poncing about his equaliser the ref was checking.

Makes me laugh though how Hughes seems to forget he was on the end of the extra time many a time over!

Glad Citeh got beat, gob shites!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I dont care if smith kissed the badge, he is a passionate player and loves to play football.

Anyway, roll on Liverpool on Tuesday!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If you are a UTD fan you have to boo every ex-player regardless of whether he asked to leave or was shown the door.

Actually United fans are generally more generous than most when it comes to ex-players. Tevez was booed not because he went to Citeh (bigger United players than Tevez have done that), but because he spent the summer whining about "respect" and how Fergie hadn't spoken to him (when he had). Then he came out before the game and said the United fans would give him a good welcome - which is naive and a bit of a piss-take tbh.

Trem

I dont care if smith kissed the badge, he is a passionate player and loves to play football.

Exactly, he tried his tits off then only Man Utd wanted him maybe thats why he kissed the badge. I dunno I just think hes a cracking player, maybe not as a forward but he is an awesome midfielder.

I reckon we will pwn Liverpool, they won't know whats hit them when they walk out at Elland Road :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I dont know, the ground isnt even going to be full :/

Tickets are around 20-30 quid a pop, on a night when its cold and its on Sky Sports.

Bates is a twat! :(

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Exactly, he tried his tits off then only Man Utd wanted him maybe thats why he kissed the badge. I dunno I just think hes a cracking player, maybe not as a forward but he is an awesome midfielder.

I reckon we will pwn Liverpool, they won't know whats hit them when they walk out at Elland Road :D

Very much in the mould of David Batty IMO Trem. Smith has been awesome for us this season :)

Why Leeds too Trem? Youre not in Leeds are you?

Trem

Very much in the mould of David Batty IMO Trem. Smith has been awesome for us this season :)

Why Leeds too Trem? Youre not in Leeds are you?

No mate I'm a Stokie but have supported Leeds forever, not actually sure where it came from. Batty was god like as well!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Roffle :)

I'd contribute to the Scum part of the thread but forums are for debating things, not raking FACTS through the coals ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I saw Tevez as shit for Man Utd. He spends alot of time running after players with the ball which is great for any club, but every other part of his game was not good enough for Man Utd imo.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Opinions are like arseholes aint they?

:lol:

Now, now Throd :) If thats aimed at moi then come on the following;

Jack Charlton
Hunter
Clarke
John Charles (probabley the only British player to be STILL loved in Italy)
Ian Rush
Bremner
Cuntona
Strachan
Rocky Rocastle

All the above were great players IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom