Games The official Epic Store commentary thread

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I mean, considering Tenecet owns 40% of Epic Store and the founder still owns 50% I'm not really sure how it can be considered to be a communist party company.

Do you have any proof @Raven or are we going full Red Scare again?

I hope there's nothing Chinese in your house, it all could be bugged!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I mean, considering Tenecet owns 40% of Epic Store and the founder still owns 50% I'm not really sure how it can be considered to be a communist party company.

Do you have any proof @Raven or are we going full Red Scare again?

I hope there's nothing Chinese in your house, it all could be bugged!

That sort of shit.

Fuck them and their funny little leader.

And yes, I keep cheap plastic Chinese tat to an absolute minimum.

...and that's besides Epic store's anticompetitive practices and the fact that it's utter shit, free or not.

Short answer is, there is no such thing as a Chinese multinational without the CCP being balls deep in it.

Last edited:

Gwadien

That sort of shit.

Fuck them and their funny little leader.

And yes, I keep cheap plastic Chinese tat to an absolute minimum.

...and that's besides Epic store's anticompetitive practices and the fact that it's utter shit, free or not.

You do see how silly this is?

It's the 21st century, China is a global power, I bet they have investments in lots of companies around the world, I don't see how that means they are a gaming division of the CCP.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bollocks, there are many reasons to shun Chinese firms, for the most part they wouldn't even be allowed to exist if they didn't support CCP and therefore support the huge amounts of human rights violations that are openly carried out in the name of their comic little leader and his tidy little cabal.

While we can't get away from Chinese parts and whatnot altogether, we can refuse to deal directly with them.

Fuck the CCP and every company that supports them and their atrocities, including Tencent, in fact, more so because of Tencent, getting their bloody claws into everything.

Gwadien

I could understand if it was majority owned by a Chinese company, for sure. But a minority stake? Come on, they have shares in Tesla too, does that actually mean Musk is a super deep state super alien spy ninja?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I could understand if it was majority owned by a Chinese company, for sure. But a minority stake? Come on, they have shares in Tesla too, does that actually mean Musk is a super deep state super alien spy ninja?
HSBC had to endorse the Hong Kong laws they were protesting against. Not officially, mind, but Noel Quinn had to come out and say positive shit or they wouldnt' be keeping their banking licence.

Imagine a company with a high chinese stakeholder.

You are very pro China nowadays you know Gwadien.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I think hes just a realist tbh, do you go out of your way to do full ownership check for every product you use?

Not to mention gaming wise Tencent are involved in so many companies and publishers (danger of being public company i guess) like Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard, Discord, and many others

Gwadien

The West has been wanting China to be an open economy for hundreds of years, then they do it and then the West is upset they're too good at it so we decide to make up silly things that simply aren't true.

I don't see how that's going to help China become democratic when people are just feeding their government with reasons to justify their own position.

It's a bit like wanting to democratise the Muslim world and then banning them from coming to your country because they're all evil.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Are you saying we are making up the treatment of Uigures? Or the full scale state surveillance of the Chinese people? Or all the disappearances and routine torture of journalists?

Gwadien

Goebbels would love this shit.

Are you saying we are making up the treatment of Uigures? Or the full scale state surveillance of the Chinese people? Or all the disappearances and routine torture of journalists?

Clearly not, as I've said a number of times.

Are you saying that every business that has Chinese investment is a tool of the Chinese Government?

It seems 4 years of a orange man saying 'china' in funny ways has paid off big time.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Trump's issues with China had nothing to do with their treatment of their people, he couldn't give a fuck about them. His problem was with them being competitive.

And yes, virtually every Chinese multinational props up the CCP and is complicit in what they get-up to, especially the tech companies.

Gwadien

Trump's issues with China had nothing to do with their treatment of their people, he couldn't give a fuck about them. His problem was with them being competitive.

And yes, virtually every Chinese multinational props up the CCP and is complicit in what they get-up to, especially the tech companies.

So Tesla is a Chinese company.

Good to know.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Goebbels would love this shit.

Clearly not, as I've said a number of times.

Are you saying that every business that has Chinese investment is a tool of the Chinese Government?

It seems 4 years of a orange man saying 'china' in funny ways has paid off big time.
This is why the government tried to stop the passing of not doing trade deals with countries that carry out atrocities.

cause it could be used to stop a trade deal with china. You moan about arms sales to the saudis we are doing the exact same supporting the ccp with more than just arms. They use slave labour from prisons and all To under cut the western world.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Think its more that they are communist and for an american president communists are easy targets cause the average american joe already hates that way of governing.

Gwadien

This is why the government tried to stop the passing of not doing trade deals with countries that carry out atrocities.

cause it could be used to stop a trade deal with china. You moan about arms sales to the saudis we are doing the exact same supporting the ccp with more than just arms. They use slave labour from prisons and all To under cut the western world.

As far as I'm aware, China develops their own weaponry mainly and everything else they get from Russia.

Also, the US uses prison labour on a massive scale, but I guess that's cool.

Also, the Government tried to stop that law from being passed because they're Tories without compassion and greedy as fuck.

This is why I also find this fake outrage at China hilarious, because no-one will do anything about it, even though it's pretty awful and we're meant to live in a democracy where in theory we can do something about it.

China is undermining western values and the concept of democracy, and they're laughing at us for squabbling over things like 'omg the chinese own all the businesses in the west!!!111oneoneone' when they know that's not really true, but that deep paranoia is amazing for their propaganda purposes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You obviously have some sort of hard on for China then :) You're the one that keeps bringing up competition and Trump.

There isn't much I can do to voice my displeasure about Chinese human rights abuses except boycott their products, where possible. Which is what I do. Our government don't seem all that bothered except the odd bleat about Hong Kong.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I use Epic store does that mean i have a hard on for CCP or that i like free stuff?

Gwadien

I use Epic store does that mean i have a hard on for CCP or that i like free stuff?

Obviously. You've downloaded spy ware already, that's what the get in return for that 40% ;)

Also, let's not forget the Saudis who are still bombing innocents (with our bombs) but yeah, oil, lol.

Saudis are laughing at us more than the Chinese are, all they need to say is 'Yes we like the West' and then they're our mates and all their crimes are forgiven.

Fuck China though!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is why I also find this fake outrage at China hilarious
I don't think it's fake outrage, I think it's very real outrage. And I do the only thing I can do about it - try to avoid buying shit from China and vote for the leaders who say they'll do stuff about it.

You obviously have some sort of hard on for China then
I think this.

There isn't much I can do to voice my displeasure about Chinese human rights abuses except boycott their products, where possible. Which is what I do. Our government don't seem all that bothered except the odd bleat about Hong Kong.
And as I said, yep.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Also, let's not forget the Saudis who are still bombing innocents (with our bombs) but yeah, oil, lol.

Saudis are laughing at us more than the Chinese are, all they need to say is 'Yes we like the West' and then they're our mates and all their crimes are forgiven.

Fuck China though!
Whataboutery. Of the worst kind.

We dislike Saudi Arabia too - but because the Saudi's are massive cunts you seem to think that that's a reason to give China a free pass.

It's only you that's getting butthurt that people are criticising China around here...

Gwadien

I just thought this forum was better than 4chan posting conspiracy theories about how the Chinese are running Epic Games.

I laugh every time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I just thought this forum was better than 4chan posting conspiracy theories about how the Chinese are running Epic Games.
Tencent owns 40% of Epic Games.

40%

That's not conspiracy. That's fact. Plain and simple. I don't understand why you think otherwise.

As Tencent is a chinese multinational that ultimately means chinese government ownership. Because that's how the market works in china.

The real question here is - why doesn't that ring alarm bells with you?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tencent owns 40% of Epic Games.

40%

That's not conspiracy. That's fact. Plain and simple. I don't understand why you think otherwise.

As Tencent is a chinese multinational that ultimately means chinese government ownership. Because that's how the market works in china.

The real question here is - why doesn't that ring alarm bells with you?
Because he's a proper gamer and buys all his games on Steam so Uncle Sam can have all his stuff instead like a good boy? :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because he's a proper gamer and buys all his games on Steam so Uncle Sam can have all his stuff instead like a good boy? :p
That's not the argument though is it?

Unless you're putting an equivalence between China and the United States (for all it's failings). In which case, wow - China's winning the culture war. Which is terrifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom