The official BYE BYE BW thread

T

Tom

BYE BW!! CYA!!! LUV YA!!

wave.gif

/meh last post, BYE!!!!1!!!!

L

Louster

What? But there's still a month left or something.

I

Insane

we're all migrating now before its too late and everybody else has a comfy seat :p

you dont want to be left with one of those dodgy rickety BW stools now do ya? especially after who's been on them :eek:

O

old.Jim'll Fix It

Jim Can but Won't fix It

Now then Now then Looks like my help could be used in saving the old forums here... Well I can't be arsed.

*smokes cigar*

E

exxxie

I only JUST got my eleete custom forum title.

Im not going till the bulldozers get here.

O

old.Kainz

All the best BW, I've been gaming with you more or less from the start, but vanished when you went the P2P route. All the best. :m00:

G

GDW

Goodbye to all those who I've had the pleasure not meeting over the past three years. I've really enjoyed spending a few hundred hours in here.

Hope to see you over at Freddys Home, and those of you who arent migrating, best wishes, Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Thank you and Goodbye

D

dysfunction

It will still be BW for me...even if it has another name.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by dysfunction

Idiot!

BW/ GAME.NET is closing down!!

C

chopps

Well thanks.

One month ago, you tempt us from a stable (but more expensive) game server provider with offers of multiple games, lower prices, "the best online PC gaming site in Europe" and free team speak servers.

We spend a month getting all the configs tuned, getting our clan registered on your site so they can admin, arranging transfers on your payment system etc.

Things are apparently going that well for you that you're too busy to set up our Team Speak server (or even reply to my support requests)

What amazes me is your cheek. You continued to take orders and supply servers to clans migrating to GAME.net from other providers, when it's clear you knew it was all going t*ts-up.

It's just creating inconvenience and work for all the clans you've attracted to your service recently.

Cheers GAME.net, it's been a blast.

B

bigfoot

Chopps - I see every support query that comes in to the official support channel (the support tool) and I've replied to every support query that has come my way so I'm not sure what your on about there in terms of TS channels etc.

I've checked just now and there has not been a single support query from the account that posted this message, so quite where you have been contacting I'm not sure but it certainly hasn't been through an official support channel.

You do have a point about the fact we only just launched our Clan Server service and now it is being closed down, I've raised the issue over the fact we advertised on the basis that we were a reliable company and now this decision has been made so soon after but I guess the people who made this decision feel that any damage done to GAME's reputation is less than the financial cost of sustaining the service.

B

bunn

Thankfully I didn't pay in another £30 into the clan server we are renting, although that would have been refunded.

Thank you to Bigfoot for all his help, he answered all my e-mails, even when I broke the server by putting Coop on by accident. I am disappointed and admittedly a tad annoyed, but there's nothing we can do but move on. We still have them until the 23rd of January.

We've already found server packages, albeit not as good as these, but they'll serve our needs.

By the way, what's going to happen to all the redundant servers? Any cheap sell offs coming along? I need a new CPU and some extra RAM :)

Thanks Bigfoot and all the dedicated GAME.net staff, it's been fun.

S

Sharma

Bah, sad to see this happen to a great forum. :(

And i just got to be a mod too.. :(

C

chopps

Bigfoot -

I won't turn this into a "yes he did, no he didn't" thread, so this will be my last post on the matter in here. If you want to continue by email thats fine, but there's not a great deal of point in that either.

I discussed this on your IRC channel, (which I accept may not be an official support channel) and by email which I think IS an official support channel.

The account that I am posting from should be associated with [THC] / clan2090. If you'd care to check mail received at support@staff.game.net on 17 Dec 2003 at 18.34pm, you will find an email from me asking for a progress update, which was never replied to.

Cheers.

B

bigfoot

I don't have access to that account and, as far as I know, it has never been advertised on the new service as the place to contact us at. It may appear by default in the server information or be an email by which generic information is sent but as far as I know it has *never* been used as an account which we ask people to email when they are having issues. If you want to send me an email you can do so to l2support@staff.game.net or bigfoot@staff.game.net .

M

Munkey-

Just as i was reaching my 2nd anniversary on here at that :(

Sad to see ya go BW

S

Scouse

Re: Jim Can but Won't fix It

Originally posted by old.Jim'll Fix It
Now then Now then Looks like my help could be used in saving the old forums here... Well I can't be arsed.

*smokes cigar*

HOW MANY YEARS before someone finally makes me laugh....

....and it wasn't even the post - it was the sig ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by dysfunction

We have gone back to our roots.

ie Before BW there was FH :)

L

L_Plates

Bye Bye BW ,,, tis a sad day :(

Hello FreddysHouse :)

C

Ch3tan

/me wipes a tear from his eyes.

Won't seem real till its all gone, going to be very annoying to figure out where i used my BW mail account and where I didn't.

Onwards to Freddy's House!

Thanks to all the staff and people I played with/against here at BW, made it a pleasure :)

W

worMatty

Bye, bye, baby. I never understood you, but that just added to your wonderful mysteriousness.

Remember that bloke named Big Boy Barry from that videogames program on Sky One? You think he nicked his name from you lot?

S

Skyler

BarrysWorld may be going but lets all hop to FreddysHouse and keep this great community thriving!

S

Sir Frizz

There is an option to delete Skyler, in the edit page. Not that it really matters, since this place is essentially dead already. :(

Users who are viewing this thread