The next thing...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
If you work in the kitchen of a McDonalds, it is actually a pretty fun job.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Got a 3 week trip to New York and Cape Cod later this month with my girlfriend.
After that I am looking forward to the last year of uni before I get my bachelor degree thingy and go backpacking for some time afterwards :-D

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
After that I am looking forward to the last year of uni before I get my bachelor degree thingy and go backpacking for some time afterwards :-D

Fucking red bastard communist! You get a degreee and then you go throw your mopney away like that!? When I'm done I'll be workign fmy fucking ass soff! jusT t o get my part of the ceotnomy going again! i get educationed to help the sosiety and myself. i'll be makingh shotliads in abour 4 years and wont be spenging it abroads! because mainly taking out of the country will help ont the economy or anyoln e else I! qhen done i wilæ help tp try and get the danish econemy up and goieng again to be good.

i get onld and the n ofa thailand for death

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If you work in the kitchen of a McDonalds, it is actually a pretty fun job.
Not if you are alone during the rush at one of Swedens buisiest McDonalds, then it get quite hectic.

tris-

Not if you are alone during the rush at one of Swedens buisiest McDonalds, then it get quite hectic.

Its still fun. The one I worked at had something like the second highest turnover in the UK :p.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Got a 3 week trip to New York and Cape Cod later this month with my girlfriend.

:eek2: can I come pleeeeeeeeeeease! I'm everso small!!

Lethul

FH is my second home
fucking red bastard communist! You get a degreee and then you go throw your mopney away like that!? When i'm done i'll be workign fmy fucking ass soff! Just t o get my part of the ceotnomy going again! I get educationed to help the sosiety and myself. I'll be makingh shotliads in abour 4 years and wont be spenging it abroads! Because mainly taking out of the country will help ont the economy or anyoln e else i! Qhen done i wilæ help tp try and get the danish econemy up and goieng again to be good.

I get onld and the n ofa thailand for death

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭ :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, who would live in Sweden and have fun :D

I would seriously consider buying a house in Finland next to yours just so i could scream with rage out the window at you from time to time. But now that you moved meh..

Because, i have nothing in the next month or two to look forward too really.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I would seriously consider buying a house in Finland next to yours just so i could scream with rage out the window at you from time to time. But now that you moved meh..

Because, i have nothing in the next month or two to look forward too really.

Moved? I'm still in Finland!

Come and rage at me, i'd feel all cumfy and loved 24/7 :D

tris-

First day went OK, as I expected. Putting stock out for a bit, then tidying shelves up, brining stock forward etc.

Keep hearing that they mainly hire their managers from internally, i.e. people starting where I am. My manager today got to store manager in 2 years. Gonna stick with it for a while as Ive got 5 years before my degree becomes 'useless' according to the Trading Standards Institute.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Look on the bright side - Bob Diamond, president of Barclays Capital - already a multi, multi millionaire many times over, is getting £30m bonus this year ! Think about those poor bankers you selfish basterds.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
First day went OK, as I expected. Putting stock out for a bit, then tidying shelves up, brining stock forward etc.

Keep hearing that they mainly hire their managers from internally, i.e. people starting where I am. My manager today got to store manager in 2 years. Gonna stick with it for a while as Ive got 5 years before my degree becomes 'useless' according to the Trading Standards Institute.

Every day you work in retail, you die a little inside. But good luck :)

tris-

Maybe it depends how in to it you get?
Im just there to fling shit out, take shit off, and put shit in places where shit needs to be.
Then I go home :D

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mind retail personally but never as a job to do all my life in any position - whether it be CSA, trading manager or manager.

There is a HUGE amount of stress at the top levels of instore management & the amount of targets, quotas etc. you have to hit is insane. My manager does six days a week; about 10-12 hours a day sometimes.

tris-

Thats why you bank the money till youre sick of it, then get a visa for somewhere like canada and work on a ski resort for a year ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
tris- if you even think about retail as a career path it will eat your soul. It's fine for now where you are not really involved in much, but if you do the whole management route it will fuck your shit up.

I'd say more, but I try not to think about those dark days any more.

tris-

tris- if you even think about retail as a career path it will eat your soul. It's fine for now where you are not really involved in much, but if you do the whole management route it will fuck your shit up.

I'd say more, but I try not to think about those dark days any more.

Well theres the thing. Im trying to bank my money for the next 4 years. If #i cant work in trading standards im off round the world/ working visa/ etc. At the mo im not in anything for the life term of it, but dont tell the boss that :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I did the same thing, went travelling for 6 months, came back, and went back into retail. It FUCKS YOUR SHIT UP.

tris-

I did the same thing, went travelling for 6 months, came back, and went back into retail. It FUCKS YOUR SHIT UP.

ill make sure not to make the same mistake then :eek:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
lol oh wow

If you don't consider the prospect of retail for 72 hours a week soul-destroying then your either very easily amused or completely crazy.

As Chetan said, do not go into managerial roles for retail!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
On the other hand, the money can be very good, if you are on paid overtime then you can make a fortune in extra hours. It's great socially, you meet loads of people, especially if you work for a large retailer. In management roles training and progressing people and meeting goals and turning stores around can be very rewarding. So if you can live with the stress and long hours it can be great.

tris-

Fuck all this negativety, Im just glad I have a job and dont have to roll in to the jobcentre every week :p.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You are just upset that he was shop lifting your pay cheque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom