The new sylvan race.

G

Gef

Originally posted by sickofit...
Excuse my language- but the Matrox Parhelia is a piece of jackshit:)

The image quality and colour is supposed to be awsome but it sucks ass in benchmarks. The Radeon 9700 isnt out yet but it is a lot faster than the GF4 Ti4600 .. more expensive tho.

D

Danya

The parhelia makes a very nice looking... slide show. :D

M

Myshra

although its not the quickest beast, my Ti4200 runs at Ti4400 speeds although i have the 64meg version, it still looks amazing.

ps, to check out the pixel shader in action and the water particle effects get 3D mark 2001 SE (www.madonion.com i think) and run the nature demo, all i can say is wow.

MX - nvidias supposed budget range of cards carry this symbol. typically they are without the latest technology (in the case of the GF4, it comes without true 100% Hardware transform and lighting system and pixel shader afaik) and as such cards a generation behind can usually be a lot better, such at the GF3 Ti500.

if your gonna keep your cost low, best bet is a Ti4200 128meg version, a good compromise between speed (well at 4400 speed with no extra cooling, whos gonna complain) and cost, as its teh cheapest of the ti range.

O

old.Cru

How much does the cheapest card cost that has the pixel shadin' thing cost n what is it?

O

old.Velo

Shes made of wood!! WITCH! BURN HER!! BURN HER!!!

O

old.Pempula

Originally posted by old.Cru
How much does the cheapest card cost that has the pixel shadin' thing cost n what is it?

Probably Nvidia Geforce 3/3Ti200 and Radeon8500/9000-based cards are the cheapest ones (Sis Xabre should be right there too).

H

HargloweHyfryd

I am one of those people who hardly have any idea of what their video-cards are capable of.

What I do know is that I have an Nvidia Geforce2 card with 32Mb.

I'd like to upgrade to a Geforce 4 card, but what would be the best brand and type in cost/performance ratio?

Can any hardware-guru help me out here?

edit: not 64Mb but 32 Mb

O

old.Tohtori

*looks at the screenshots*

Hmm..i'm not so impressed by the water..or effecst..but a tad curious bout the flying thingie near the bridge...

..also, how many people do you think fall through that bridge to their untimely death in the first hour or so? I'd say twentyseven.

O

old.Aralik

Originally posted by HargloweHyfryd
I am one of those people who hardly have any idea of what their video-cards are capable of.

What I do know is that I have an Nvidia Geforce2 card with 64Mb.

I'd like to upgrade to a Geforce 4 card, but what would be the best brand and type in cost/performance ratio?

Can any hardware-guru help me out here?

Look for a GeForce 4 Ti4200 that card is the best performance / price ratio and doesnt have any problems with drivers and games. You looking at >£140

O

old.LandShark

you hadn't noticed that your chars' faces have about 5 polys each? ;)
All DAoC models are simplistic. All screenshots of current DAoC look poor; the spell effects may be nice and some of the landscapes, but the players don't exactly make you think "wow! this could be Q3..." do they...

O

old.Krusha

if you have played Morrowwind then you will knoq how the water effect will run , ir pretty when standing still but the refraction will update every 10-20 frames (depends on how you set it up) but its daamn purdy.

i wanna see the mid monkey :(

V

Valdamar

It could have been much worse - you could have been "lumbered" with the sapherd/weeping-willow model (pun intended).

Time to start thinking up some cuprinol related jokes . . .

S

svartalf

Midgard get's a monkey :) hmm... boy, am i asking for it!

C

cAScADe

Originally posted by Orin Askhammare
For people wondering about framerates, the new version of the Netimmerse engine they are using has had many many optimisations to the renderer, so they are actually seeing framerrate improvements in large scale RvR and such.

oooh, frame rate improbements in large RvR? more than 1fps then? well jeewizz i can hardly wait.. maybe its just a constant 6fps regardless...

the FPS in general was quite good on DAoC.. in RvR with more than 20ppl it stunk... on large scale (relic or big keep raids) it was a joke.. i had to stare at the floor and keep a eye on the mini bar and press F8 every now and again to see if the doors where down... eeesh

and i dont imagine the new spells effect (plus lighting) will make my geforce 2 very happy either

M

masentaja

Hehe, maybe there's something wrong in me.. but I kinda loved that new Hib race.. man I wanna be wood fellow too >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom