The "My console is better than yours!" thread

W

Wij

Originally posted by Ono
will pick up the Jap release of Soul Calibur 2 (with 2 arcade sticks)and PN03 in 3 days time.

Can I live with you ?

S

sheepsteak

Originally posted by Ono
I am getting the USA Zelda tomorrow and will pick up the Jap release of Soul Calibur 2 (with 2 arcade sticks)and PN03 in 3 days time. Currently Cube is the best console around.

My opinion. Those that don't agree can fuck themselves.

Considering Zelda came out today thats some fast trans-atlantic shipping you must be using there. When you get P.N.03 post about whether its easy to play even though its in Japanese because I've been looking at getting this game for a long time.

O

old.UKTwister

Twister, please explain how I am a hypocrit in this sense. Methinks you're having a go for the sake of it.

you be right

S

Sar

Originally posted by old.UKTwister
I Chose X-Box because:

- I wanted a DVD player as well as a console for a price

-Unlike most people with taste, i really loved the controller and the analog sticks are excellent

-I'm a big fan of racing games and xbox has a glut of racing games. Also suits the controller.

-I'm not really into games so i'm not really missing anything in the Cube or PS2.

-All Nintendo games are stupidly short and rely on boring old high scores and mini-games. PS: I'm an uneducated arse.

-Most quality games off ps2 are ported or updated. Again, I am an uneducated arse. Especially looking forward to a massively updated version of TOCA race driver (Itself a port)

All X-box games in the next 6 months

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Racing Evoluzione
Steel Battalion (If ya got the cash)
Toca Race Driver
Psychonauts
Brute Force
New Crimson Skies
Deus Ex 2
Star wars: knights of the old republic
Sniper Elite
Fable(formerly Project Ego)
Project Gotham 2
All New Rare games
Fatal Frame
Halo 2
BC
Amped 2
Top Spin Tennis
Flat-Out

People who authomatically overlook the X-box before they know the facts are wiser than I.

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by sheepsteak
Did Argos' and Dixons pricing make many more ppl buy cubes?
Argos are to continue selling the cube, after a ridiculous 400% increase in sales (they report). So basically, no-one wants a cube at £130. Simple enough, really.

L

lovedaddy

Originally posted by old.Kez
Argos are to continue selling the cube, after a ridiculous 400% increase in sales (they report). So basically, no-one wants a cube at £130. Simple enough, really.

Or, you could read the change in trend as consumer surplus and price elasticity of demand. (if you were so inclined)

S

]SK[

I would only get a GC if I was really convinced Wind waker is gonna be 10/10 like people are rating it.

W

wolfeeh

hmmm

where'd you got 400% increase in sales from? from the sales figures i was looking at it was 5000% (three zeroes) increase in sales.

//edit

before you jump on me, that's for Argos ALONE, and according to:

The retail chain slashed the price of the console to £78.99 (including a free game and memory card) last week, and the consumer reaction was instant. Sales of GameCube hardware jumped from an average of around 100 units a day to a stunning 5000 units last Saturday.

theregister, gamesindustry.biz, etc. + my mate that works in argos.

S

(Shovel)

100 --> 5000 is not a 5000% increase Wolfeh...

L

leggy

the price was reduced.... i was bored.... so i bought one.

O

Ono

Originally posted by sheepsteak
Considering Zelda came out today thats some fast trans-atlantic shipping you must be using there. When you get P.N.03 post about whether its easy to play even though its in Japanese because I've been looking at getting this game for a long time.

I am in Hong Kong at the moment mate. :p

Picked up SC2 for about GBP30
PN03 for about GBP25
Hori Arcade Sticks for GBP22 each.
GBAsp for GBP69

Gonna hunt for a GBA Player later - about GBP30 IIRC.

PN03 was sold out all over HK and I only managed to grab the last copy in the largest games emporium in HK. Ono is happy.:clap:

O

old.UKTwister

hong kong!.. i think u be best gettin the hell out of there at the mo.

L

leggy

I tried to say that earlier but the forums were shagged

W

wolfeeh

hmm

hmm since when isn't 5000 5000% of 100?

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Ono
I am in Hong Kong at the moment mate. :p

Picked up SC2 for about GBP30
PN03 for about GBP25
Hori Arcade Sticks for GBP22 each.
GBAsp for GBP69

Gonna hunt for a GBA Player later - about GBP30 IIRC.

PN03 was sold out all over HK and I only managed to grab the last copy in the largest games emporium in HK. Ono is happy.:clap:

We better lock him up....well he might have flu.

G

GypsyCurse

Originally posted by bodhi
An"The PS2 is da betatest!!"!"!"!"!"

indeed.

has anyone seen Splinter Cell on PS2? Fugly? No?

Incidentally I have all three 'current' consoles - though I've not played anything apart from a little XBox Live in the last month or so...

G

GypsyCurse

Originally posted by old.UKTwister
400% increase from what? 10 a week?

basically they shifted about 5000 in a single weekend... none too shabby ;)

B

bodhi

Originally posted by GypsyCurse
indeed.

has anyone seen Splinter Cell on PS2? Fugly? No?

Ah I forgot. Graphics are the single most important criteria when evaluating a game. Silly me. I should sell my PS2 and the 20 great games I have for it right now and trade it in for an Xbox with its............pretty graphics and zero gameplay!

C

CptDoom

Didnt realise the xbox had gameplay

/me tries to use the joypad of his xbox as a yoyo string with xbox on end and breaks his floor in the process

S

sheepsteak

/me calls construction company and has rest of the house destroyed along with breathing contents

M

Munkey-

Splinter cell is an amazing game, up to the chinese embassy level atm.

Ape Escape 2 is also great for a spaceout.

and WE6FE is an amazing game!

C

*charlton_thd*

A serious discussion about which console rules

X-BOX RULES

NUFF SAID

N

north_star

It's all down to games and support.

I've flogged my GameCube, PS2 because they are getting borring with nothing new coming out.

My Xbox is saved by the superior DVD quality over the PS2 and the fact that it's got Shenmue 2.

But in all truth they don't get a look in compaired to the grey box that sits at the other side of the room.

C

CptDoom

Listen u stupid asswipes!

They are ALL good consoles each with a reason to buy!....

X-Box - Halo, Live and Kung Fu Chaos
Gamecube - Zelda, Mario and All nintendo games in fact
PS2 - Ico, GTA and GT3 series
Dreamcast - Rez, PSO and well looooads of games

The stupid argument is soo crap and boring considering people only dislike what they havent got, a console is only as good as the games on it and if thats the case, they all have great games! I listed my 3 faves from each off the top off my head and if i thought deeper id be able to extract far more goodnes s from them.

I mean WTF is the point.... If u havent got all the consoles u are seriously missing out on good games all around and to slate a console entirely, i have to say is utterly sad...

My fave console award goes to dreamcast just because i have my fondest xperiences on it but for gods sake, stfu!

And yes i have them all so im not biased. They ALL good!

N

nath

Originally posted by CptDoom
The stupid argument is soo crap and boring considering people only dislike what they havent got

Surely the point is they haven't got what they dislike because they dislike it, so to get it would be pretty retarded really.

C

CptDoom

Originally posted by nath
Surely the point is they haven't got what they dislike because they dislike it, so to get it would be pretty retarded really.

Absolutely, but why dislike a console? Why express ones console superiority over the other seeing as what they all do is play games. And each console has a fuck load of great games.

Heated discussion over it is laughable ;)

Id rather discuss the games...

N

nath

The point about disliking a console *is* about disliking the games. So in essence when people discuss a consoles merits they're talking about the whole thing.. games being a fairly major part in that.

The Gamecube has shit games. As does the Xbox (by and large), ps2 has great ones.

(I bought the xbox because the stuff you could do with the mod chip gave me wood, and I wanted something that had pretty graphics.)

Users who are viewing this thread