The "My console is better than yours!" thread

M

MYstIC G

Righty, to stop the continued influx of multiple "Which is best" threads, can everybody please now use this single thread when playing your "I'm a fanboy of the PlayStation 2/GameCube/X-Box" (delete as appropriate) cards.

Thanks

S

sheepsteak

I'm currently a fanboy of the Gamecube due to me just getting Animal Crossing.

I was wondering if anyone had any figures about how many Gamecubes have been sold here recently. Did Argos' and Dixons pricing make many more ppl buy cubes?

W

Wazzerphuk

I'm a fanboy of the Cube, a bit.

I can live with PS2 fanboys, there's enough stuff out now to justify the console.

XBox fanboys are retards.

B

bodhi

Any answers in this thread apart from "The PS2 is da bestest!!"!"!"!"!" (or variations on that theme) are wrong.

L

leggy

The ps2 is da bestetest.

But i've been playing some Prime recently ... which seems decent.

O

old.UKTwister

I Chose X-Box because:

- I wanted a quality DVD player as well as a console for a cheap price

-Unlike most i really loved the controller and the analog sticks are excellent

-I'm a big fan of racing games and xbox has a glut of quality racing games. Also suits the controller

-I'm not really into platform games / RPG's so i'm not really missing anything in the Cube or PS2.

-All Nintendo games are stupidly short and rely on boring old high scores and mini-games.

-Most quality games off ps2 are ported or updated. Especially looking forward to a massively updated version of TOCA race driver

Some great X-box games to look in the next 6 months
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Racing Evoluzione
Steel Battalion (If ya got the cash)
Toca Race Driver
Psychonauts
Brute Force
New Crimson Skies
Deus Ex 2
Star wars: knights of the old republic
Sniper Elite
Fable(formerly Project Ego)
Project Gotham 2
All New Rare games
Fatal Frame
Halo 2
BC
Amped 2
Top Spin Tennis
Flat-Out

People who authomatically overlook the X-box before they know the facts are more retarded.

W

Wazzerphuk

Originally posted by old.UKTwister
People who authomatically overlook the X-box before they know the facts are more retarded.

Whereas people that look into the XBox and then relate it to "quality" are genuinely mentally distrubed.

Y

Yaka

by every console known to man then brag my collection is better than yours thread!:p

E

Embattle

Originally posted by old.UKTwister
I Chose X-Box because:

- I wanted a quality DVD player as well as a console for a cheap price

-Unlike most i really loved the controller and the analog sticks are excellent

-I'm a big fan of racing games and xbox has a glut of quality racing games. Also suits the controller

-I'm not really into platform games / RPG's so i'm not really missing anything in the Cube or PS2.

-All Nintendo games are stupidly short and rely on boring old high scores and mini-games.

-Most quality games off ps2 are ported or updated. Especially looking forward to a massively updated version of TOCA race driver

Some great X-box games to look in the next 6 months
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Racing Evoluzione
Steel Battalion (If ya got the cash)
Toca Race Driver
Psychonauts
Brute Force
New Crimson Skies
Deus Ex 2
Star wars: knights of the old republic
Sniper Elite
Fable(formerly Project Ego)
Project Gotham 2
All New Rare games
Fatal Frame
Halo 2
BC
Amped 2
Top Spin Tennis
Flat-Out

Trying to convince us, or himself :confused:

L

lovedaddy

The xbox is one quality bit of kit. DOA3, Panzer Dragoon, Halo and Gotham are worthy of a console purchase alone. Not to mension, slap a modchip in and use it as a snes, megadrive, mame and divx player.

F

flaky

Originally posted by old.Kez
I chose life. Choose life.

Life?! What do you know about life? Obviously somthing we dont know...

W

wolfeeh

bah

it's only poor people who do the my console's better than yours shit, because anyone with a teeny bit of cash would buy all three and play the best games from each like i do... (no offence to the gypsies in caravans on stolen laptop computers powered from car batteries hacked into telephone poles running isp accounts set up with stolen credit cards)

W

Wazzerphuk

Or maybe some of us aren't sad enough to spend £1000 on some fucking computer games and kit?

E

Embattle

Re: bah

Originally posted by wolfeeh
it's only poor people who do the my console's better than yours shit, because anyone with a teeny bit of cash would buy all three and play the best games from each like i do... (no offence to the gypsies in caravans on stolen laptop computers powered from car batteries hacked into telephone poles running isp accounts set up with stolen credit cards)

No some of us don't have endless amounts of time to play all the consoles, we do have jobs you know. The only one I don't have is the Xbox, only real reason for not getting one is because I don't have enough time to play the current two.

BTW stop boasting about what you've got....you're turning in to Xavier :rolleyes:

W

wolfeeh

erm

£1000 for some consoles? are you real?

Gamecube.. £130 tops inc game. (had mine free)

PS2 £150

xbox £140

and i'm sure you all know someone that works somewhere that you can get a staff discount with...

embattle - so what, i have a job - stop wasting time going out drinking, having sex etc :p

E

Embattle

No I mean a real job, there is no such thing in Wales......its full of pikeys :p

B

bodhi

Re: erm

embattle - so what, i have a job - stop wasting time going out drinking, having sex etc :p

Anyone who would rather play video games than go out drinking or have sex really is wasting valuable oxygen.

And tbh there really is no point in buying three consoles if you have a PS2, as there are far too many great games to find the time to play. I guess Xbox-ites and Gaycubers wouldn't really unserstand tho :/

W

Wazzerphuk

Re: erm

£1000 for some consoles? are you real?

Gamecube.. £130 tops inc game. (had mine free)

PS2 £150

xbox £140

and i'm sure you all know someone that works somewhere that you can get a staff discount with...

150 + 140 + 130 = £420.

3 'good' titles for each console: 3 (3*35) = £315

Memory card for each console: 3 * 15 = £45

Extra pad for each console (unless you are a sad loser and only ever play on your own): 3 * 25 = £75

Total cost: £855, with a minimum amount of games.

Stop being an idiot, and confess to being the sad fuck you are.

W

wolfeeh

lol

can't remember the last time i paid even £30 for a console game... i do have spare pads for each console... and memory cards, and dvd remotes for the GC and PS2... that's not to say i paid anything for any of them... that's half the reason my pc and console collection is so large - i don't pay for half of it, i get stuff off mates for favours (non-sexual ty)

and as for time to play all these games? i was a student... now i have an evening shift job... you can't exactly go out drinking at 8am, which is when i get up.... so i read... watch tv... sorf the net or play games. sue me?

W

Wazzerphuk

Fantastic! You based the console price theory you bullshitted us with on the fact you get half your stuff for free!

Well good news for us buster, we're not you!

O

old.UKTwister

Anyone who would rather play video games than go out drinking or have sex really is wasting valuable oxygen.

Yeh u tell em bodhi !!

*cough* hypocrit *cough

O

Ono

Right, I'll plough into this pointless thread.

I have never owned a PS2. I don't have any reason or incentive to own one except for the easily available bootleg games - which I no longer buy. There is not a single game on the PSPoo I would buy a console for.

The XBox, well, what can I say about the XBox?! It has Halo - which was severely overrated. It's a good game - but those that think it is the best game ever are kidding themselves. Apart from PDO there is not a single other XBox game I want to play. I had an XBox for 4 months and returned it to my brother recently without any regrets. If I were to get one it would be only for MAME.

The Gamecube in Europe just sucks arse. I bought one on launch date and, despite having some great games, Nintendo's support for PAL gamer's is one big "Fuck You". I bought import Jap/USA Cube not long ago though and it has really taken off. Currently my fave games are WE6:FE, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing and Super Monkeyball (still). I am getting the USA Zelda tomorrow and will pick up the Jap release of Soul Calibur 2 (with 2 arcade sticks)and PN03 in 3 days time. Currently Cube is the best console around.

My opinion. Those that don't agree can fuck themselves.

X

Xtro

Its largely thanks to you Ono that even at the bargain price you can get a pal gc now - I haven't bothered.

Any recommendations as to where to get Jap/US cubes m8?

B

bodhi

Originally posted by nath
You take things far too seriously, John :/

You can be so clueless sometimes Phat-Nat :/

Twister, please explain how I am a hypocrit in this sense. Methinks you're having a go for the sake of it.

Users who are viewing this thread