The more I think about it, the more it bugs me

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
tolshock said:
I honestly think this is just something they do to follow Mythic's footsteps. Pretty obvious isn't it?

1. the people running the US servers got their anti-cheat thingy in the same patch as we did. they started suspending people almost at the same time after the NF release. Same 2-week ban policy.
2. Mythic added the 'bring a friend' bonus system to the US servers, we got it in the same patch.

I just guess these things are just orders from the Mythic staff to make the US and euro servers equal in all ways?

I think it's annoying that they only give out 2 week suspensions, but hey. Better to give out 2 week suspensions if they really believe they can save the servers. And it's only 2 weeks, then it'll be perma bans (I hope).....
US players got a one day suspension in the first wave and a seven day suspension in the second wave.
Goa are generally harder on cheats than Mythic.

tolshock

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
US players got a one day suspension in the first wave and a seven day suspension in the second wave.
Goa are generally harder on cheats than Mythic.

At least I was right about the suspension part. maybe not the duration of the suspension, but still.. :)

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Not at all. Our policy on third party program abuse has always been to permanently ban. As I've said several times, this is a one-off warning. People who were caught using radar before lost their accounts permanently. People who get caught using radar in future will lose their accounts permanently. We are doing this as a 'shot across the bows' to encourage people to stop cheating. If they fail to learn this lesson then they will no longer find themselves able to play. It's nothing to do with uncertainty or not having sufficient proof. All the people who were suspended were definitely using radar, there is no room for doubt there. If we had no proof we would not act at all, we will never take action against an account unless there is conclusive evidence that the action is warranted.

We will not hesitate to ban cheats permanently, it makes no sense for us to disenfranchise the vast majority of honest and fair players by tolerating the tiny proportion of cheats. Allowing cheats to continue unchecked will eventually drive away more honest players and lose us more subs revenue than we would lose in the short term by cutting out the rot.

I cant really see any good policy in letting these cheaters get away with a 2 week ban, for what we know these noob's could have used radar the last 2+ years and gained a massive advantage against fair-players. They must be laughing themself out at you pathetic policy you present in this so called "one off warning". Not only are they getting away with their cheating, they also wont be named and shamed.
In this matter, as you "Requiel" stated, /quote" All people who were suspended were Defeinietly using radar, there is no room for doubt there" there sould be no warning against the accounts involved, if you are to uphold any respect at all "witch lately have suffered greatly from other insidents" (ie OT lag issue) you should permanently ban the account involved asap, and further more Name the charecters from these accounts.
With regards Gorrion who also consider Buffbot's as Cheating in line with Radar abuse!!!!!.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
What's the point in naming the cheaters? I'm not opposed to what you're asking, I just don't understand what good it will do. The only thing I can think of is that you want proof that GOA are actually suspending rather than telling us they are. I guess looking at named cheaters would be interesting but trying to avoid all the "I knew <insertname> was cheating when they owned me in emain once" threads wouldn't be (for me anyway).

Regards,
Sift.

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
Siftwind said:
What's the point in naming the cheaters? I'm not opposed to what you're asking, I just don't understand what good it will do. The only thing I can think of is that you want proof that GOA are actually suspending rather than telling us they are. I guess looking at named cheaters would be interesting but trying to avoid all the "I knew <insertname> was cheating when they owned me in emain once" threads wouldn't be (for me anyway).

Regards,
Sift.

Agreed.
Far better for GOA to post on the news "This week 27 people have had accounts banned/suspended for cheating or use of 3rd party programs" no need for a list, it serves no purpose. I guess its just the community need the evidence that GOA are taking action.

At the same time they could also post "This week we have had 374 new subscriptions. Welcome to our newer players.". True 370 of those new subs will be buffbots/2nd accounts, but what the heck :p

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Buffer said:
Agreed.
Far better for GOA to post on the news "This week 27 people have had accounts banned/suspended for cheating or use of 3rd party programs" no need for a list, it serves no purpose. I guess its just the community need the evidence that GOA are taking action.

At the same time they could also post "This week we have had 374 new subscriptions. Welcome to our newer players.". True 370 of those new subs will be buffbots/2nd accounts, but what the heck :p

well if the account was permanently banned i might agree that there is no point in naming the chr's from the involved accounts. But for the community in general if these noob's is still gona be among the players of Daoc, their chr's should be named on a official site, maby even make a permanent name appear above their toon visible for all realms including their own realm, so that it is obvious for anyone encountering this player ingame that he/she, is a no good cheating noob!.

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
well said. couldnt of said it better myself.... execpt for . i wish all cheaters would f*** off and get banned named and shamed :)

Yes, good idea. How about giving them for instance the RR title "Norseman Outlaw" or "Inconnu Cheater" instead of "Norseman Flammen Herra" ? :)

Name the cheaters, let them bare their shame in public.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Gorrion said:
maby even make a permanent name appear above their toon visible for all realms including their own realm, so that it is obvious for anyone encountering this player ingame that he/she, is a no good cheating noob!.

Now that would be fun :D A custom title instead of realm rank, visible to their homerealm as well, which says "Cheater" :clap: Let them carry that title for a month after their suspension.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Now that would be fun :D A custom title instead of realm rank, visible to their homerealm as well, which says "Cheater" :clap: Let them carry that title for a month after their suspension.

Make that one month play-time and I'll be satisfied :clap:

goasucks

Fledgling Freddie
If this game was healthy and prospering, GOA would permaban the cheats and not impose a rap on the knuckles with soft padded gloves.

Commerce will always outweigh ethics when a company faces a financial crisis.

Ailish

Fledgling Freddie
goasucks said:
If this game was healthy and prospering, GOA would permaban the cheats and not impose a rap on the knuckles with soft padded gloves.

Commerce will always outweigh ethics when a company faces a financial crisis.

And do you really think a company the size of France Telecom really notices what the subscriber base of DAoC is? TBH I don't think they particularily care one way or another as it if it makes money great if it looses money equally great as it's a failed venture tax write off they inherited from a company they have taken over (Wanadoo) So I don't think it was done to save on the playerbase at all... sounds to me like it was done as a one off last chance to the people who are using a 3rd party program to get straight or get out... forcably or otherwise.

goasucks

Fledgling Freddie
OK lots of fair comment on this thread but the more I think about cheats the less I care. Anyway, its far too late in this games history to worry about how it will affect anyone. Too little, too late in my book.

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
People who mess around with paying customers gaming service pleasures , should be fined, as its just the like hacking.

If i hacked a computer, i would be fined and sent to jail, if there was a policy put in place like that from the start, all the game hackers what ever game they are hacking, would think twice about it.

As a paying customer, i feel that the game is being messed up , by there not being a solid policy like this in place.

Monthly payment games are becoming of age, there is a few out there now, and i for 1 would like to see us getting a true run for our money.

You see the thing is, is that , unless the policy is changed, people using these cheating programs will always have the gaming company's by the balls, and spoil everyone's gaming fun, because they know to well there aint nothing you can do about it, when you need there money aswell.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
The GOA team is simply pathetic in this issue, and i find the way they handle their responsebility for serving their costumers sickining.
I cant see ANY reson at all why these cheaters should get a "one off warning" Requiel is a English server GM ( or atleast his signiture state so ), Well why not start acting like one, instead of beeing such a wush. IF GOA is sertain the "involved accounts" have used radar or any other cheats BAN these morrons so the rest of us can start playing Daoc as it is supposed to be played.
My tollerance toward GOA can be in a very tiny spot atm, and reading such contraversional post's like the ones Requiel ( so called english server GM ) write here can make me :puke:
GOA GROW UP !

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
We will not hesitate to ban cheats permanently...
Then why don't you? People haven't been given warnings before and won't be given any from now on. What makes these cheaters special?

And there's nothing more encouraging for people to stop cheating than to ban. Warning them just makes them more cautious.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks to Aussie for finding this:
Requiel said:
I am the GM who dealt with this case.
For the usual reasons I'm not going to comment on the specifics.

All I will say is that the use of 3rd party programs will get your account terminated instantly.

No warnings. No 'slaps on the wrist'.

I will not tolerate any cheating on my servers.
What happened? If you don't tolerate any cheating on your servers, why are you going along with this?

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
Is it me or have there been no previous warnings about Radar use?

If so, it strikes me that the people who have persisted until now know that those 'warnings' were meaningless.
Yes they will 'probably' stop using the current forms of Radar...

And then a new 'undetectable' one will appear... and they will think... Ooh I don't want another warning - I best not use this one... mmm thats likely. :rolleyes:

People who cheat are a type. Get rid please.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
What happened? If you don't tolerate any cheating on your servers, why are you going along with this?

if you had to make a choice between banning 100+ people that pay or pissing off some who hate cheaters by only giving out warnings, what would you choose (look at it from the companies perspective)? :rolleyes:

sure people wont like the latter option but at least they wont lose as much money as with the first option! always think about the €€€ before making decisions!!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Give dickless cheating little fucks a choice:

1: Perma-ban and account deletion

or

2: All characters reset to level 1 with RAs/MLs/equipment, and 'Radar User' permanently above their heads in-game, visible to players from all realms.

:D

Chilly

Balls of steel
It's a shame we flame requiel for these decisions when hes only takin orders from his boss, quite possibly from mythic direct - no point moaning about it, no one who makes any decisions that affect anything reads these boards....in fact, I USE RADAR!!!!! H4X!!!

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
It's a shame we flame requiel for these decisions when hes only takin orders from his boss, quite possibly from mythic direct - no point moaning about it, no one who makes any decisions that affect anything reads these boards....in fact, I USE RADAR!!!!! H4X!!!
Indeed, but to rephrase and old movie line: "Requiel is typing checks his actions can't cash". :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Roken said:
Is it me or have there been no previous warnings about Radar use?
Errrmm.....yes there has, you click "accept" to say you know it too, its called the EULA, and to play you have to accept its rules.

Jaapi said:
Indeed, but to rephrase and old movie line: "Requiel is typing checks his actions can't cash". :)
How so? The GOA team are bound to by a contract with Mythic about the code they use, and I expect this applies to the use of anti-radar programs too. Basically they cannot use third party tools (like the radar detection) the same as we are without consent of Mythic.

The warnings have always been there, those who chose to carry on playing with radar and other third party progs all heard the warnings, now after 3 years, they are finally getting their just deserts. Before the task of catching people was a long and timely one, now its a lot simpler, as is the reward.

So, does anyone want to name and shame someone they know? Ill bet theres plenty out there who do know someone taking a "break", lol.

Juj

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
I am the GM who dealt with this case.
For the usual reasons I'm not going to comment on the specifics.

All I will say is that the use of 3rd party programs will get your account terminated instantly.

No warnings. No 'slaps on the wrist'.

I will not tolerate any cheating on my servers.

....And the award for “Hypocrites Of The Year” goes to..... GOA (and here to receive the award is the hypocrite king... REQUIEL!

:eek2: OMFG I'm glad I got banned for macroing way back then, when I see radar users only getting a warning. ....Yet another reason to move on to WoW!

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
They might be bound by use of what detection software they use Whoodoo but i cant see the handling of cheaters being in the contract and that seems to be the thing that most people are upset about.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Everyhting I have said is true. At the time that I made the comment quoted above, people who used 3rd party programs lost the use of their accont permanently. This has always been the case with the exception of the wave of radar users caught just before Christmas. Now that warning has been fired off we are back to business as usual. Anyone who feels that the rules do not apply to them, will find themselves facing a permanent ban. We have always punished cheaters and will always take action against those who seek to gain an unfair advantage over honest players.

I don't make policy here at Goa, it's my job to enforce it. I have always sought to crack down on cheats and make the English servers fair for the vast majority of our players. I will continue to pursue cheats and I will punish those I catch as firmly as possible. Juj illustrates my point quite nicely. He has kindly offered himself as evidence that cheating is not tolerated and is treated with firmly. Those of you who don't believe we've ever punished 3rd party program abusers or that cheating was consequence free can take heart from his example.

Policy decisions like the one to issue a two week suspension to radar users are taken above my head, the system for catching and punishing those particular people is automatic and does not involve any of the GM staff. However my rules and my scales of punishment are unchanged. If I catch you, you will get banned.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Juj said:
....And the award for “Hypocrites Of The Year” goes to..... GOA (and here to receive the award is the hypocrite king... REQUIEL!

:eek2: OMFG I'm glad I got banned for macroing way back then, when I see radar users only getting a warning. ....Yet another reason to move on to WoW!
I'm glad you got banned as well. The less cheating slime like you there is ingame the better in my opinion.
Go and destroy another game with your lameness please.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Nothing personal with you Req, we all know that you're doing your job. You've been over-ruled by above, every working person knows how that is. However, in the next staff meeting please forward to your boss that s/he is a bloody fool.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Nothing personal with you Req, we all know that you're doing your job. You've been over-ruled by above, every working person knows how that is. However, in the next staff meeting please forward to your boss that s/he is a bloody fool.
That is the point, i don't blame Requiel for any of this. His opinion about dealing with cheaters should be enforced on all games globally.
Radar users have been abusing cheats for a long time, possibly even years and still they get a slap on the wrist while some guy using a macro program to craft one evening gets a lifetime ban. Radar users have possibly made more people quit than there are cheaters banned temporarily now, so i don't think it's just about keeping accounts.

Just don't get why the hardcore cheaters get the easy way out. :(

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Juj said:
Blizzard sure is well known for their cheat free games like WC3 and Diablo 1 and 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom