The Mid RR explained

O

old.Kerosene

Fair play to them I say. I read his post as

'We were bored so we had a go for the laugh'

Since when was this game about treaties and not about fun?

G

galiracia

Ok fair enough I was there and looking back it wasnt the smartest of things i have done in my daoc lifetime. It was a long day and some great battles and the speed with which you took out the 1st 4 keeps left only one thought in my mind, I thought you were going for the relics that night.

When we finally took back our keeps at some ungody hour the suggestion was made to take some alb keeps as revenge, to me this seemed like a good idea as i was under the impression that you had all logged at the relic for an early raid the next morning so popping your keeps would in theory make it easier for us to respond by virtue of the fact your keeps would need to be retaken , upgraded and doors repaired.

This is where i must hold up my hands and say in my opinion looking back we stepped over the line. We should have left it with just the keeps down and at worst claimed Renaris ready for a morning assault/defence. Instead we decided we might aswell go out with a bang. I never expected to get as far as we did at excal, I expected to maybe dent the 1st door at best but well by now i should know not to underestimate the power of a tired rabble.

Anyway I have gone on far too long , I hope the more mature members of this forum can accept this as appology. Lets see some more large scale battles from now on

A

asorek

Originally posted by galiracia
Anyway I have gone on far too long , I hope the more mature members of this forum can accept this as appology. Lets see some more large scale battles from now on

dont fu*** apologise.... for what? playing the game the way you want to? **** what other people think...its not like you scam people like Ruathian does on a daily basis..oh jees so you made the albs have to repair a few doors at Excal..oh jees major bummer!! you had fun...thats the main thing..

and even if you HAD taken the relic...priceless seeing the ANGER building up in Alb land.. wtf..middies stealing our ONLY relic.!! hehe would have made for a fun few days even if they hadnt stuck to the agreement!!

I

ilaya

nobody can do RR on dagda anyways until i go back to work.. since i keep alliance on its toes and get peeps paranoid.. hehe

no matter what the time.. i am there to defend.. and i can bring friends.

but having said that.. what Noler said is true..

if we start doing alarm clock raids again.. game will be ruined :(

lets keep it skill and organisation based peeps.. u will feel better for it if successful :)

B

Belomar

The difference between an online game and a single-player game you play on your computer is the community. Stealing a relic in the middle of the night just because your opponents executed a near-flawless keep take operation in your own frontier would be bad for the community. Twist it all you wish, those are the facts.

J

Jarrax

================
The difference between an online game and a single-player game you play on your computer is the community. Stealing a relic in the middle of the night just because your opponents executed a near-flawless keep take operation in your own frontier would be bad for the community. Twist it all you wish, those are the facts
================

At least the middies came out to play when you started taking keeps. When we hit albion...barely saw any of you until we eventually reached excal. And by then, albs defending excal outnumbered the mids by a fair margin. Perhaps if albion actually got of its ass earlier and defended its frontier..we probably wouldnt have got past beno.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Jarrax
================
The difference between an online game and a single-player game you play on your computer is the community. Stealing a relic in the middle of the night just because your opponents executed a near-flawless keep take operation in your own frontier would be bad for the community. Twist it all you wish, those are the facts
================

At least the middies came out to play when you started taking keeps. When we hit albion...barely saw any of you until we eventually reached excal. And by then, albs defending excal outnumbered the mids by a fair margin. Perhaps if albion actually got of its ass earlier and defended its frontier..we probably wouldnt have got past beno.

there's a special quote button under each post, if you want to quote that post, then press the button and it will format a prequoted reply :D

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by balthus
Im not grown up enuff to worry bout rvr yet but just picked up on the couple of posts yapping on about the greatness of alb.Being able to take keeps in primetime aint that great imo when you have at least double the realm pop than the other 2 realms together,but hey just my opinion.

Please, get your facts straight before your claim albs have 2 times the other realms combined numbers.

Albion: 3400 lvl 50 players (40%)
Midgard: 2783 lvl 50 players (33%)
Hibernia: 2203 lvl 50 players (27%)

Total lvl 50 players on Excal: 8386

(Check Duskwave if you want, shows guilded people only with webdisplay on).
So yes, Albs have more players, but no where near the numbers you claim.
Thank you very much for you attention.
Regards, Glottis

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by old.Nol
Not "some" people, but "most" people i.e. the majority.

No one ever said that you cannot take relics at off primetime hours, we said that by doing so you would create a really lame off prime raid culture that would ruin the game for the "majority" of players.

This game is based on community, and by destroying peoples fun, you destory their willingness to play the game - hence people leave and go to other games - hence the server population gets smaller and smaller - hence the game and YOU lose out.

The raid agreement basically asks people to be considerate for the greater good of the server.

If you cannot grasp the concept of why primetime raids would ruin the server, then you need to go play on pryd, or some arb US server and see exactly what we mean.

If you want to NPC raid, then raid the dragon or your epic dungeon...they are tougher then relics without opposition.

It asks a number of people, who; have already proved to be an insignificant number; to not do relic raids in un sociable hours..

I grasp and comprehend the concept perfectly, however, since this message does not reach the majority of the server and all you have to do to dispell any bad feeling to the realm at the losing end of the relic stick is to send a message stating we do not support the actions of the groups that did it then you have an un enforceable, un useable worthless agreement as the middies proved the other day.

Add to this the standard mid response, "If you respond to this relic raid with one of your own "alarmclock raids(tm middies)" then you'll regret it tum taa dum......" worrying drum roll at the end there...

So, there ya have it the cold truth, I'm afraid I'll never LOSE out because one realm has more relics than me, its a game to me, its just a shame that others hold relic raids and their times in such high regard as to try and impose rules about where and when you can do it directed singulary at the population of the entire server.

Now you in all honesty tell me that trying to control and manage relic raids in this fashion is fair and I'll prove that Idi Armin was really a nice fella.

You cannot deny somebodies enjoyment to further somebody elses.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by galiracia
Ok fair enough I was there and looking back it wasnt the smartest of things i have done in my daoc lifetime. It was a long day and some great battles and the speed with which you took out the 1st 4 keeps left only one thought in my mind, I thought you were going for the relics that night.

When we finally took back our keeps at some ungody hour the suggestion was made to take some alb keeps as revenge, to me this seemed like a good idea as i was under the impression that you had all logged at the relic for an early raid the next morning so popping your keeps would in theory make it easier for us to respond by virtue of the fact your keeps would need to be retaken , upgraded and doors repaired.

This is where i must hold up my hands and say in my opinion looking back we stepped over the line. We should have left it with just the keeps down and at worst claimed Renaris ready for a morning assault/defence. Instead we decided we might aswell go out with a bang. I never expected to get as far as we did at excal, I expected to maybe dent the 1st door at best but well by now i should know not to underestimate the power of a tired rabble.

I'm an Alb and I see no reason for you to apologise.

I personally dont participate in early/late RR's usually because I'm asleep but I would NEVER seek to curtail anybodies fun simply because I was not there to see it or I had to work 8-5.

A

asorek

Originally posted by quinthar
It asks a number of people, who; have already proved to be an insignificant number; to not do relic raids in un sociable hours..

Now you in all honesty tell me that trying to control and manage relic raids in this fashion is fair and I'll prove that Idi Armin was really a nice fella.

AMEN!

someone has finally grasped the concept that this is a MULTI-player game with more than YOUR SORRY ASS playing it.... you cant control a game YOU DONT OWN... Shame the rest of you wankers are so bent (quite literally im sure) on keeping this game stagnant and the way YOU like it..bring on the Alarm Clock raids..i dont particularly care.. relics dont mean that much because we simply dont need them.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Jarrax
This could be because you attacked Albion late at night when most of us had already logged after a fun and eventful evening of keep taking and defending in the Midgard frontier.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by quinthar

I grasp and comprehend the concept perfectly, however, since this message does not reach the majority of the server and all you have to do to dispell any bad feeling to the realm at the losing end of the relic stick is to send a message stating we do not support the actions of the groups that did it then you have an un enforceable, un useable worthless agreement as the middies proved the other day.

Add to this the standard mid response, "If you respond to this relic raid with one of your own "alarmclock raids(tm middies)" then you'll regret it tum taa dum......" worrying drum roll at the end there...

So, there ya have it the cold truth, I'm afraid I'll never LOSE out because one realm has more relics than me, its a game to me, its just a shame that others hold relic raids and their times in such high regard as to try and impose rules about where and when you can do it directed singulary at the population of the entire server.

It's quite easy to instil a culture of fair raiding, it has done quite well for the past few months. I realise that people do not all come to BW, that is why it is up to the Alliance and Alliance leaders to do that in each realm.

CF alliance has pretty much made it law that we will not partake in any non primetime hour raids, we will also not defend relics that were taken off prime.

Once again, if you want to ruin our raid culture, no one can stop you. By Raiding at lame hours your are destroying far more players enjoyment, then by trying to keep a lid on the same raids. Which is the greater evil? For the sake of 50 peoples fun, you are prepared to ruin it for thousands?
I think you answered your own post tbh.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by asorek
AMEN!

someone has finally grasped the concept that this is a MULTI-player game with more than YOUR SORRY ASS playing it.... you cant control a game YOU DONT OWN... Shame the rest of you wankers are so bent (quite literally im sure) on keeping this game stagnant and the way YOU like it..bring on the Alarm Clock raids..i dont particularly care.. relics dont mean that much because we simply dont need them.

you sir are a twat.

B

balthus

Damm Glottis you do need to switch the comp off and get a life if your sad enough to go work out the % of ppl in each realm and bother to make a post about it.
I originally come from Pry server where i believe the Alb pop is about the combined hib/mid pop (STAY THERE,i saw you going off to count them all again).
As a guess i wasnt that far off with my comment jeez im sorry i was just over 10% off.
Chill out,each person has a right to do what they like,they are paying the same subs as the next person,even if the majority dont like it an im not saying i agree with it but shit happens and u go link dead,theres nothing any1 can do about it so wots the point whinging all the time?
(Puts on a flame resistant suit on waiting for flames)

O

osy

Originally posted by old.Nol
It's quite easy to instil a culture of fair raiding, it has done quite well for the past few months. I realise that people do not all come to BW, that is why it is up to the Alliance and Alliance leaders to do that in each realm.

CF alliance has pretty much made it law that we will not partake in any non primetime hour raids, we will also not defend relics that were taken off prime.

Once again, if you want to ruin our raid culture, no one can stop you. By Raiding at lame hours your are destroying far more players enjoyment, then by trying to keep a lid on the same raids. Which is the greater evil? For the sake of 50 peoples fun, you are prepared to ruin it for thousands?

I think you answered your own post tbh.

Let's step down from the orator's box a little Nol, and realize this is a Game, after all.

Sure, by all means, go ahead and act like the Mighty Holy Inquisitor himself on us 50 mids, but accept it for what it was.

Which is, a fun night for everybody involved. Both mids, albs and hibs (which got their rps, or got trampled over, happens everynight). Albs present at Excalibur could have stopped a force three times larger. Enough with the big words.

*pulls curtain over the topic*

A

asorek

Officer of Vengeance and general guild whore

says it all really.. now be a good little girl and crawl back under your rock.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by old.Osy
Let's step down from the orator's box a little Nol, and realize this is a Game, after all.

Sure, by all means, go ahead and act like the Mighty Holy Inquisitor himself on us 50 mids, but accept it for what it was.

Which is, a fun night for everybody involved. Both mids, albs and hibs (which got their rps, or got trampled over, happens everynight). Albs present at Excalibur could have stopped a force three times larger. Enough with the big words.

*pulls curtain over the topic*

/em shrugs

This thread was a response to lots of threads that other people started about the raid...and it wasn't because they were enjoying themselves.

O

osy

If you're saying that, it's obvious you haven't even read the starting post.

So when albs come and take all of our keeps it's ok, they "owned" us, but when we respond in the same way, we're "lame".

Is it MY FAULT the day has 24 hours ? What were we supposed to do ? Cease our playing because Albs might not like it ? Well whoopdeedoo, you got a surprise coming to you.

We only continued our playing, and IT'S NOTHING WRONG with it. Both Hibs and Albs would have done the same, if they were in our shoes.

I'm not gonna sit here and let you all tell me I should have stopped roughly 50 players and shoo them away. Realize that.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by asorek
says it all really.. now be a good little girl and crawl back under your rock.

i don't see your chars in your sig? maybe ur not level 50 yet? i am proud of my guild and tbh the latter part of my sig is a joke for those who know me, next please silly little kid.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by old.Osy
If you're saying that, it's obvious you haven't even read the starting post.

So when albs come and take all of our keeps it's ok, they "owned" us, but when we respond in the same way, we're "lame".

Is it MY FAULT the day has 24 hours ? What were we supposed to do ? Cease our playing because Albs might not like it ? Well whoopdeedoo, you got a surprise coming to you.

We only continued our playing, and IT'S NOTHING WRONG with it. Both Hibs and Albs would have done the same, if they were in our shoes.

I'm not gonna sit here and let you all tell me I should have stopped roughly 50 players and shoo them away. Realize that.

By all means go take all the alb keeps and the str relic if you want, just do it while they are in game and not after they have logged, give them the same opportunity to defend as they gave to you.

No, Hibs would not have done the same, we have taken almost all mid keeps in a night and the then suicided or roamed quite because it was an unreasonable time for a RR. It has happened on a number of occassions and it's actually quite an easy decision to make.

There were hibs that wanted to raid, but as a realm the majority of us were not prepared to do so, because it would be lame.

With regards to Albs, not so long ago the Albs did the same thing in the mid frontier, and quinthar moaned because Albs would not would not agree to continue the raid as it was getting late and they considered it lame.

here

I am not telling you to do anything, I am hoping your good judgement will do that for me. At the end of the day, the decision is yours, personally I hope that you can uphold the wishes of the majority of the server, rather than wreck the balance so you and some mates can prove that NPC's are no match for "intelligent" players.

O

osy

I still think you DONT understand. We had opponents ! We fought Albs ! Even Numbers !

Sheesh.

O

old.Nol

My discussion with you, up to now, had nothing to do with the fact the albs had even numbers, it had everything to do with the fact that a number of people throughout this thread have implied or stated that they are prepared to break the principle of primetime only raids.

I think their reasons for doing so are selfish and have debated their position on this principle and stated why I think it's a selfish position.

Whether or not Albs had sufficient numbers to defend is not the topic of this thread. This thread was created basically to defend the decision to raid at 3AM. I thought that decision was wrong, and I have much explained why.

I am glad the Albs had more people, or we would have started these fucked up alarm raids all over again.

O

osy

Glad we _finally_ sorted it out.

Fanaticalace, close the thread please.

B

Belomar

No, he's buggered off, letting whiners like me continue to post! So -- have at you, off-prime relic raiders! :D

F

fanatical-ace

Old.m000

I ususally dont get angry over something that i read here. However constructing a quote and then saying i have stated what it contains will do it.

If you had bothered to read my initial post and the follow up you would know damn well thats (i.e. WE CAN DO 4 AM RAIDS BUT YUO CANT CUZ UR LAME!!!!11) not what i said, not even near. As far as i am concerned you are all free to raid as much as you like, noone is more entitled than anyone else.

Ive reported your post and i sincerely hope you will get banned for making it.

A

asorek

Originally posted by ab_fluid
i don't see your chars in your sig? maybe ur not level 50 yet? i am proud of my guild and tbh the latter part of my sig is a joke for those who know me, next please silly little kid.

its not about how many lvl 50's ive got...in total ive had over 3....im not proud..i dont think im better than most people.. i tend to get a char to 50 play for a few months delete...move to another realm ..rinse repeat....i dont actually like being 50 its boring...i like to PvE aspect of getting there in a new realm...sadly ive done it in all 3 now and its boring...not sure if ill stay in my current realm or start again now..hence no signature...its not becuase im hiding...im not guilded anymore since i left my last guild..so no point...im not RR xxxx..cos im not really bothered about that...i may just make a necro so i can spawn some free lvl 20's and invade the BG's for a while.

E

Ensceptifica

Stop talking about 'you bloody mids think that', 'you albs did that'. Racism is stupid already, racism based on a computer game is so utterly stupid that anyone guilty of that should be banned from humanity before others get infected with such stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom