This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Merge of Prydwen and Excalibur on Catacombs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basic_X, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Basic_X

Basic_X Fledgling Freddie

I heard some roumors, that prydwen and excalibur would be merged when catacombs comes out? due to low numbers of players etc...

is it just a roumor or is it a fact? and how will it be (if its true) with the people (like myself) who got charrs on both servers?

Would like to know :)

2. Leathas

Leathas Fledgling Freddie

i will quit if they merge EU servers
    and afaik,no.Think goa's server structure prohibits server clustering,there was a post about it some time ago(not sure though)

3. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

it'd be pretty daft to cluster pryd/excal for two reasons:

1. only one english server for new players (so only one realm)
    2. the populations are high enough to support themselves fine and any increase in population (say from the release of an expansion or the end of a free first month of WoW) from returning players or new players would make the server unplayable.

4. Matteh

Matteh Fledgling Freddie

I welcome it

5. rampant

rampant Can't get enough of FH

6. IainC

IainC English WAR Community Manager

Unless you read something on the official Goa site about clustering or merging then it is a rumour and not official. We will not be merging any servers and are not making any decisions regarding clustering until the option is available in patch 1.74.

7. Adoctor

Adoctor Fledgling Freddie

any chance that Goa can merge london with hawaii with the release of catacombs?

its bloody freezing out side

:m00:

8. Roadie

Roadie Fledgling Freddie

id support such a change 8)

9. Basic_X

Basic_X Fledgling Freddie

Thank god, i didnt like idea of server clustering, and it kinda scared me a secound there :D

10. Deathspike

Deathspike Banned

hehe :clap: go go

11. Konah

Konah Fledgling Freddie

gogogo clusterrrrrrrrr!1

gifv prydwen rpcows! :m00:

12. RS|Phil

RS|Phil One of Freddy's beloved

Isn't it just the RvR zones? And why only one realm?

13. Aliorm

Aliorm Fledgling Freddie

2x alb realm! NO!!! :eek6:

14. Oboy

Oboy Fledgling Freddie

GOA will have one chanse to make this game good again and its with clustering

IMO

15. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

it clusters the pve zones together (although there are 3 copies) so you can travel between.

If you have a character on one realm in a cluster you cannot log any character on another realm for 8 hours after logging in.

(so e.g. if you have an alb on percival you can't login to your hib nimue chars for 8 hours)

If you have characters on one realm in a cluster you CANNOT CREATE NEW CHARACTERS OF ANOTHER REALM on the same cluster (unless you alreayd have chars in that realm/server)

In other words: if prydwen was clustered with excalibur and you only had albs on excalibur you would be unable to create hibs or mids without buying another account.

16. Aadia

Aadia Fledgling Freddie

Can't say i'm in favour of the idea of clustering ....

17. Gamah

Gamah Banned

You do realise prydwen players > Excal sheep? :p

18. Gamah

Gamah Banned

Oh and I support clustering..but then again thas because prydwen is a dead piece of crap atm.

19. Ilienwyn

Ilienwyn Fledgling Freddie

You mean pry cows > excal sheep? Well, with clustering that myth will get a chance to be tested. Too bad a realm on one server can't attack the same realm on the other :)

20. Punishment

Punishment Part of the furniture

As a hib i am totally aginst clustering and i would quit if it went ahead ... alb+mid on pywd are totally overpopulated and hibs are a rumour thats seldom seen ... more heard :D
    Hibs would be screwed over bigtime , and what about chars on different servers with same names etc ??? , wont work + its not welcom

Kthanxbye :wanker:

21. Arkian

Arkian Fledgling Freddie

Clustering without the 8 hour login and new realm limitation would be a good thing.

22. - English -

- English - Resident Freddy

clustering will save EU Daoc rvr'ers, theres about 3fg everynight rvring, and its zzzz looking for them, and when you do, you get 5 scout adds.

23. Shanaia

Shanaia Fledgling Freddie

Yes lets turn excal/pryd into one big crossrealming/realmpoint pharming fest!

:twak:

24. rangers fyi! :mad: