The letter I'm air-mailing to Mythic tomorrow

C

chronictank

what e-mail addy are u all sending this mail to, would help if we all sent to the same one :)

S

svartmetall

That was sort of my point with air-mailing hard copy to them, Chronic - email is easy to ignore, but hard copy complaints carry a lot more weight.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by svartmetall
That was sort of my point with air-mailing hard copy to them, Chronic - email is easy to ignore, but hard copy complaints carry a lot more weight.

If you want it to carry wait, qantify your complaints.

give exact dates and duration for downtimes.
Show them specific rightnow tickets, with goa responses, ticket numbers and and time taken to respond/solve the problem.

Not that mythic will care if you ask me, they got a big fat liscence contract with goa and get their money if you play or not, only way they can make more money is if you switch to US servers.

And even if they cared, GOA prob has the exlusive rights to host DAOC europe in french/english/german for the next couple of years

N

Naewae

If you could transfer chars to the US server I would have moved months ago, as it is, like everyone else, I do not want to lose 100s of hours of play time.

GOA do not know how to give customer service. They are truly terrible.

EDIT: I believe you have completely underplayed point 7 about the 'Hacking Incident.' It didn't affect me too much, but remember the 100s of people who could not log on for several weeks because of email issues either of their own or GOAs making??

I

ian_heaps

Nice letter, I couldn't have put it better myslef mate.

C

chronictank

tbh the only way to get them to listen would be to boycott the game.
I.e noone resubscribes their accounts for a given period of time.
Enough people will never do this so were screwed anyway.

Unless there is a financial impact the company is likely to do nothing except the usual:

"We recieved your complaint, and appreciate the input. It will be dealt with as soon as possible"

or pathetic excuse like that did with excal servers

F

Falcon

I moved from the euro to US servers around 5months ago, when you knuckle down, starting again from scratch really aint as bad as it sounds, and in some ways it's quite fun - how many of you get nostalgic about the early days? After ToA there was a lot of downtime for patches but the thing was we ALWAYS got an ETA for the servers coming back up, we got forwarned if they were going down and I've never seen any unscheduled downtime in my time there. As said, timezones aren't an issue - especially on the bigger servers, I play MLF mostly and it really has a 24/7 population, there's none of that 4am 200 people vs 3 people relic raid bollocks either because of that. Not to mention a much more steady and consistent stream of new content instead of getting a few patches bundled together every 4months.

The best thing you can do right now IMO is move to the US servers - I did, leaving behind 5 level 50s, 2xLGM and nearly 2mill rps and haven't looked back once, it's a lot to lose but it was worth it. However, if you still wish to take action you first need to determine whether Mythic CAN do anything, they may have sold the hosting rights to DAoC to GOA on a permanent basis in which case Mythic will be powerless and you really are left with the choice of putting up with GOA, quitting outright or moving to US. If Mythic can do something however it's time to start petitioning.

So then, how do you get Mythic to listen and answer in the first place? I don't think letters and e-mails no matter how well written will get more than a standard response, neither will long threads about how much GOA sucks on these forums. No, what you need to do is make one hell of a noise - multiple threads about GOAs incompetencies with tons of replies on VN Boards - this is the only place I've seen mass complaints get a guaranteed reply off Sanya. Also, PM Julie there (but don't all PM her, choose one or two people to) to express your discontent with GOA in a well thought out and written fashion (just like the original letter in this thread) and she quite often responds, I've found her very helpful and haven't failed to get a response to a PM from her yet.

So, to do list:
1) Write out a decent PM and PM it to Julie on VN Boards

2) Make some noisy threads on VN Boards about GOAs poor service (I'm not sure which forum there is best for this - a busy one that Sanya has been known to reply in is ideal). Make sure you include ALL the facts about how poor GOA is from the random crashes, the details about the hack, the downtime of right now, the poor patch times and on and on so that some fat 13yr old American kiddie can't jump in and go OMFG EURO PEOPLE SUCK YOUR OBVIOUSLY ALL WRONG MYTHIC IS MUCH WORSE!!11111. The aim of these first threads should be to extra from Mythic whether Mythic CAN do anything about GOA. Don't expect a reply from Julie/Sanya overnight, it may take a good week or two, firstly they have to notice the threads and have chance to read them, secondly they have to write out a PR-style response that will most likely have to be passed through their legal dept. first.

3) Once you've found out whether anything can be done, it's decision time. If something can't be done it's either time for taking action against GOA - such as an attempt to overload the servers, a massive amount of e-mails and such to them, basically making their life hell so that they're left with absolutely no choice to respond. Or you can organise a mass exodus to US DAoC or just a mass cancelation. If something CAN be done you need to turn up the heat on Mythic to make it a priority, regular threads with LOTS of replies on VN Boards making sure it's not just something that'll go away.

Hope this helps, it's all only from my personal experience in watching forums, seeing what gets responses out of Mythic and what doesn't. I would love to be able to play alongside my friends again, but right now I just can't trust my money with GOA.

Good luck.

I

inuyasha

Could have been worse.

Im just happy as long as daoc NEVER lands in the hands of "FunCom"!! (for anyone who ever tried the early stages of anarchy online... TEH worst nightmare)

I

irmelin

Also leaving for the US servers.

I originally started playing DAoC on the US servers, using my roommate's account. When I moved out later, I decided I wanted my own, and made the horrible mistake of buying the EU version.

My friend no longer plays, and when I told him about the problems we were having with GOAs horrific service, he offered me his own account, including software, for free. A true friend indeed.

So when my EU subscription expires, I won't be renewing it. And the only thing I'll miss will be my guildmates.

US servers, I'm coming home!

/Liselle Angelique (yeah, I'm half French, and still leaving)

M

Motowntheta

Originally posted by Falcon
I moved from the euro to US servers around 5months ago

It's the only way IMO..... GOA do not care about their English player base, we are third in a list of priorities. I understand they are doing a tough job but their customer service is absolutely abysmal.

Ping rates and stuff are fine on the US servers, and on pellinore, although not a highly populated server, people are polite and help alot people are always doing various ML and raids at nearly all times :)

And remember if you play off peak all your favourite leveling spots are availible :)

K

kirennia

Any lawyers or anything here? Or anyone studying? Do you know if a contract between mythic/GOA of this kind has to be publicaly shown or can they refuse us to ask for quotes off of the contract? It'd be very useful if we could ask to see if the contract is firstly a permanent fixture in regards to GOA leading european servers. If so then no matter how loud we shout, we'll always be ignored.

G

gorff

Any contract can be broken though often with penalties if you do

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by kirennia
Any lawyers or anything here? Or anyone studying? Do you know if a contract between mythic/GOA of this kind has to be publicaly shown or can they refuse us to ask for quotes off of the contract? It'd be very useful if we could ask to see if the contract is firstly a permanent fixture in regards to GOA leading european servers. If so then no matter how loud we shout, we'll always be ignored.

They is no legal reason for them to show anyone of the public the contract.

It is safe to asume that the contract involves a long term exclusive hosting rights for the european english, french and german servers.

ofcourse i am not a lawyer and there might be wierd stuff in US or french law that I am not aware off.
But from expiriance this is how these type of contracts usualy work

G

gorff

But there are many ways in which GOA could be in breach of the contract and I'm sure one of those ways involves the way they run the servers here.
Poor management of the servers and the costumers would be a breach of contract I'm sure.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by gorff
But there are many ways in which GOA could be in breach of the contract and I'm sure one of those ways involves the way they run the servers here.
Poor management of the servers and the costumers would be a breach of contract I'm sure.

Even so,I am pretty sure Mythic isnt blameless (eg. bugs in server could cause a crash, sending incomplete patches).

So if the servers would change hosting you can bet there would be a court case.
During witch there could be a chance of noone hosting the servers.
Disputes over who owns the data on GOA servers (read our chars).

I think its a pretty save bet that a change of hosting would have weeks of downtime and a fair share of other problems in the first few months.

F

Falcon

I think the only possible breach of contract will have come from the hack, I'm sure by letting internal documents leak they probably did cross the line.

S

svartmetall

I updated the letter a little this morning with details of exactly how RightNow did nothing at all for me, twice...then it went in the post.

We'll see if anything comes of this.

I would move to the US servers in an INSTANT if I didn't have so much time and effort invested in my characters here, and such good friends in-game.

F

firebirth

Ive posted a Post on the VN boards about whats been happeniing with GOA in europe and my own experience and i am inviting all of you if u wish to register to post on the thread as well. If you can please keep it to personal experience when giving examples, you can mention that alot of people agree with you but dont make it the basis of your arguement. Ive said i dont think much will transpire from it but we can but try.

ops forgot the url here it is :)

http://vnboards.ign.com/Excalibur/b22192/62126934/?0

T

the_hermit

Well, Mythic have replied to my email (I am sending HardCopy also, and maybe faxing for the hell of it!):

-----
Dear Sir,

You have Emailed DAoC US; please refer to www.camelot-europe.com for questions regarding the European release of this game as this is handled by a separate company.

I apologize that I cannot be of further assistance.

Thank you,
Keira
Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
-----

Bet their message rule "IF message contains GOA THEN send "blah.txt"" is busy over the next week...

H

horank@thebaron

replied to my mail :eek:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, we here at US Support do not have anything to do with the
European version of the game.

Any comments, questions, or suggestions regarding game mechanics or improvements
you wish to submit to the developers need to be sent via the feedback link on
the www.camelotherald.com/feedback.php . These messages are read by Mythic
employees and are forwarded to the appropriate parties. I would recommend using
this outlet to express your dissatisfaction with GOA in general.

Unfortunately this email address only deals with technical (Computer hardware
and software) and billing issues. As such we have no interface with the game
itself and are unable to assist you with this issue. We apologize for any
inconvenience that this may cause.

Thank you,
Keira

Your email to Dark Age of Camelot Support:

T

the_hermit

Mail the buggers back - I did - asked them who I would need to talk to at Mythic about GOA - little point writing to GOA to complain about them again!

:eek:

N

NetNifty

Originally posted by horank@thebaron
replied to my mail :eek:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, we here at US Support do not have anything to do with the
European version of the game.

Any comments, questions, or suggestions regarding game mechanics or improvements
you wish to submit to the developers need to be sent via the feedback link on
the www.camelotherald.com/feedback.php . These messages are read by Mythic
employees and are forwarded to the appropriate parties. I would recommend using
this outlet to express your dissatisfaction with GOA in general.

Unfortunately this email address only deals with technical (Computer hardware
and software) and billing issues. As such we have no interface with the game
itself and are unable to assist you with this issue. We apologize for any
inconvenience that this may cause.

Thank you,
Keira

Your email to Dark Age of Camelot Support:

That is actually a useful reply ;) More useful that you'll ever get from GOA anyway - SPAM TEH FEEDBACK FORM!

F

firebirth

I will be filling in the feedback form tommorow i will also be linking this forum to it so that Mythic can actually see the magnitude of this discontent in the community has caused. I dont know if many have noticed but the entire first page of this forum is almost full of threads and posts containing both negative and positive comments about GOA.

Will this sudden burst in community disatisfaction cause a revolution and the disered affects we hope for, probably not. Will we be prepared to boycott the game? if WoW was on its way soon then yes id cancel my subscription. However we have the right to complain and we may be able to affect some changes by complaining in a combined and varied way. its almost certain Mythic will not strip GOA of thier licence however it could lead to better community communication and improved customers service which are all good.

C

chimaira

sending my letter per real life mail tomorrow (oh god )

P

Palanor

Originally posted by the_hermit
Bet their message rule "IF message contains GOA THEN send "blah.txt"" is busy over the next week... [/B]

Hahahahaha nice 1

F

finbahr

Originally posted by firebirth
I will be filling in the feedback form tommorow i will also be linking this forum to it so that Mythic can actually see the magnitude of this discontent in the community has caused. I dont know if many have noticed but the entire first page of this forum is almost full of threads and posts containing both negative and positive comments about GOA.

Will this sudden burst in community disatisfaction cause a revolution and the disered affects we hope for, probably not. Will we be prepared to boycott the game? if WoW was on its way soon then yes id cancel my subscription. However we have the right to complain and we may be able to affect some changes by complaining in a combined and varied way. its almost certain Mythic will not strip GOA of thier licence however it could lead to better community communication and improved customers service which are all good.

already done this also sent screens how of 11 discussions 10 of them being about how shite goa was

O

old.Ashgen

A question ...

Of all the countries of Europe why did Mythic choose the French?

I would have preferred the Germans than the French to do it, I know they are joined at the hip these days, but even so.

Sweden would have been my choice, at least they write/talk English better than us English do!

D

delay

Re: A question ...

Originally posted by old.Ashgen
Sweden would have been my choice, at least they write/talk English better than us English do!

Whoa.

Well, good thing not all swedes are Mastery of English-specced, and not all brits are gimped...

But I agree with you - anyone but France!

(Are all french people as arrogant [as GOA]? I couldn't find any way to contact OpenTransit(.francetelecom.com) without promising away my great grandmother and her mother too, so my guess is yes)

N

Naewae

Originally posted by svartmetall

I would move to the US servers in an INSTANT if I didn't have so much time and effort invested in my characters here, and such good friends in-game.

I think 100s of UK users would tbh

Users who are viewing this thread