The letter I'm air-mailing to Mythic tomorrow

C

Cala-more

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
Bah, let GOA keep the French/German servers, the UK servers though should be taken over by Mythic.

this I would like to see :)

P

Palanor

Re: mythic>goa

Originally posted by finbahr
i myself have contacted mythic over the terrible service we are recievibg at the moment....

waiting for a nice reply : pray :

I guess they will reply with "Your concern is in the european version of the game. Please contact GOA."

Very very nice letter m8! If they reply you, dont know if you gave any return address, please please let us know! I hope this will have some effect...

S

shadowbank

Nice idea, what i would dearly love to see is Mythic saying to the UK serverbase that we could choose a server in the US serverfarm to transfer our characters onto, without a doubt i'd transfer my chars tomorrow, just don't wanna have to start completely from scratch again.

H

halgaard

i dont mind starting over if it means we would get another company running daoc-europe with customer service and decent servers...

Y

yorkforce

Re: Re: mythic>goa

Originally posted by Palanor
I guess they will reply with "Your concern is in the european version of the game. Please contact GOA."

Not far off .. copy/pasted this from the reply i recieved from Mythic

If you are a European customer, please contact GOA, our European partners,
for technical support at //www.camelot-europe.com We cannot answer
questions about the European beta as that is handled by a different company.

Sent my email to Sanya, hope she pulls through for us, agree with the letter 100%
also agree with Mythic taking over the UK servers 100%
also agree with the fact that GOA cannot translate english for shit, i mean .. 'profanity' filter renamed to 'bad words' filter ffs they dont fucking know that profanity is an english word thats understood by almost everyone in the uk,
GOA = retards.

P

Palanor

Originally posted by halgaard
i dont mind starting over if it means we would get another company running daoc-europe with customer service and decent servers...

Agree, then i can ungimp my armsman :>
But it would be nice to keep my chars though :)

A

Auriel

It'd definately be nice if Mythic took over the UK servers, kept all our characters and accounts intact and patched us up to the US version :)

I'd go and play the US servers now if I wasn't going to lose everything... and I can't really stand the idea of that :puke: Lets hope the letter does something good! :clap:

J

jaapi

Re: Re: Re: mythic>goa

Originally posted by yorkforce
also agree with the fact that GOA cannot translate english for shit, i mean .. 'profanity' filter renamed to 'bad words' filter ffs they dont fucking know that profanity is an english word thats understood by almost everyone in the uk,
GOA = retards.
Am i a retard? I don't know the meaning of that word...

Well, GOA seems to be retarded anyway in terms of customer support. :(

B

bullyjohn

letter

i would just love to hear the response you get on that letter. if you would be so kind as to mail it to me or paste it here, if they bother to answer at all, those lame french frogs :D

my mail is kulviks@hotmail.com

Blitzing out!

G

greenfingers

I must admit that I agree with a Savage. :(

I can't really take more of this serverdown any more.

I tried to call them aswell. I tried to speak english. I tried to speak German, heck I even tried with my french/english, but as they didn't understand what 'Excalibur, le server is down, why?' ment ... then I hang up.

Im not really affected by the serverdown myself, as I have some other chars to play on Camlann. Though I must admit that the fact that Excalibur is down - AGAIN - is in fact pissing me off! I really feel like there is some SERIOUS differential treatment going on here! The French servers are ALWAYS up first, and Excalibur is always the last one to get back up - 30 minutes later. The almost 2 years I have played DAoC, I have NEVER seen Excalibur being down for more then 2 days, which happend in the 'August 2003 Hacking inciddent', but I have a funny feeling that, sadly, we will brake record in the new year.
I totally agree with the fact that we are having somewhat 2 weeks+ on the socalled RightNever (RightNow) service, and I honestly think it is totally out of proportion that GOA even have the license to host an Online Role Playing Game like DAoC. They shouldn't even be able to host a pr0n site!

anywayZ ... to summon things up.

I back up about this letter 100% !

N

-Nxs-

The problem here is the games addiction.

If there were means to xfer a character from GOA -> Mythic i think GOA would pretty soon find their servers void of english players.

Yeah ok, so you've heard the CSR is crapp in the USA too, but at least they tell you when a server is down, poor GOA seam to think that a nice news article wishing people a happy new year is far more important.

For christ sake, if our users at work were unable to access a key service for 24+ hours, and I followed the GOA, lack of information stance, i would be SACKED !

Unless you people are prepared to start all over on the Mythic servers, or just quit the game altogether then GOA are gona be laughing at you even more.

R

rangerone

Very nice letter there Svart, soo totally agree
Put my name to the list!

R

rangerone

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Unless you people are prepared to start all over on the Mythic servers, or just quit the game altogether then GOA are gona be laughing at you even more.

I sure would

E

[e]

glad you did something worth while with your 24+ free hours =)

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by greenfingers
I must admit that I agree with a Savage. :(

I can't really take more of this serverdown any more.

I tried to call them aswell. I tried to speak english. I tried to speak German, heck I even tried with my french/english, but as they didn't understand what 'Excalibur, le server is down, why?' ment ... then I hang up.

Im not really affected by the serverdown myself, as I have some other chars to play on Camlann. Though I must admit that the fact that Excalibur is down - AGAIN - is in fact pissing me off! I really feel like there is some SERIOUS differential treatment going on here! The French servers are ALWAYS up first, and Excalibur is always the last one to get back up - 30 minutes later. The almost 2 years I have played DAoC, I have NEVER seen Excalibur being down for more then 2 days, which happend in the 'August 2003 Hacking inciddent', but I have a funny feeling that, sadly, we will brake record in the new year.
I totally agree with the fact that we are having somewhat 2 weeks+ on the socalled RightNever (RightNow) service, and I honestly think it is totally out of proportion that GOA even have the license to host an Online Role Playing Game like DAoC. They shouldn't even be able to host a pr0n site!

anywayZ ... to summon things up.

I back up about this letter 100% !

GoA themselfs are a games company. they run tonnes of CS/UT/Q3 servers as well as an online games store..

problem is MMORPG servers are a world apart from CS servers.

can check out there site here.

www.goa.com

O

old.[BF]MaD

nice thought , doubt it will have an impact but worth a try

could "try" to get some thread started on VNboards that all EU players should reply to or smt. not that it would have such a great effect , but again , it would be noticed.

C

chimaira

I dont mind spend a few bucks to send a mail myself to mythic.

Imho a big effect would be if all of us just sent 1 letter each. adn kept sending it. and kept sending it :>

Imagine mythics mailbox at 7am monday morning he he.

very well written. shows exactly how its done.

something I belive got 2 do with our lack or news is that I bet there aint many GOA crew workers who actually speak english or write it at all.

ive spent many days in france on vacation and english is like non existant there. they get offended and dont understand if u say anything non french.

I bet GOAs closest partner to handle UK news is bablefish translator :m00:

well written svart. Regards

C

chimaira

I dont mind spend a few bucks to send a mail myself to mythic.

Imho a big effect would be if all of us just sent 1 letter each. adn kept sending it. and kept sending it :>

Imagine mythics mailbox at 7am monday morning he he.

very well written. shows exactly how its done.

something I belive got 2 do with our lack or news is that I bet there aint many GOA crew workers who actually speak english or write it at all.

ive spent many days in france on vacation and english is like non existant there. they get offended and dont understand if u say anything non french.

I bet GOAs closest partner to handle UK news is bablefish translator :m00:

well written svart. Regards

R

redfern

I joined the european servers about a year ago, to play the game with rl friends. Before that I had played a year at the US servers. I can truly say I was apaled by the lack of service at europe from day 1. First of all the underpowered servers - a normal encounter in Emain was like a 300+/300+ RR on the US server - lagging like hell. At the US servers you could perhaps run into an abusive player once a month , at Euro almost once a day. A nice example here is, once at US we had a player who again and again debuff released mezzed mobs. We apealed him, and within 15 mins a Mythic trustee was there to observe him. He then was stupid enough to abuse the trustee and his account was closed immediately :)

Some ppl may say US sucks because we from europe are not on at primetime. Well, my experience is that early you have many Asians online, and they are the nicest ppl you can imagine, very polite players. Then at the middle of the day and into early afternoon the server falls to about 800players, and then the americans start to log in. So all in all, playing US ain't that bad at all, and to be quite honest.... I'm beginning to think about re-activate my acount there. Either that or find another game - GoA went too far off this time.

W

Wot-do

!

Yeah was a nice letter svartmetall, think mostly agree with u, though one letter wont matter much im afraid, might have some effect if mythic recieved hundreds of emails.

V

VodkaFairy

What's the adress you're sending that to? I'll print it out and send it aswell. The more the better.

C

chimaira

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
What's the adress you're sending that to? I'll print it out and send it aswell. The more the better.

Id like adress to. and send one myself.

D

delay

Svartmetall, I always liked you because of your charname, now I got another reason. Splendid letter! You make us proud!

T

Tyka

Hmm nice letter, saw that someone had an idea bout us crashing the server like every saturday til they realise how pissed people are, I'm up for that and will organise it if I'd get people supporting me.

What would they do, ban the whole server? lol

V

Vrisslar

Originally posted by Tyka
Hmm nice letter, saw that someone had an idea bout us crashing the server like every saturday til they realise how pissed people are, I'm up for that and will organise it if I'd get people supporting me.

What would they do, ban the whole server? lol

So the way u want to get GoA to listen/be better is by kicking your self in the balls ?

Tbh i really dont think that would change much :D

Regards
Vriss

T

ttillub

Well instead of talking about crashing the server(s) we should stress test the system so that GOA really fixes them. That way we will be able to play even on weekends and holidays and do large RvR battles like we are supposed to.

If the server crashes just because of lot of players are on same zone it is GOA's fault not player's. After all we are supposed to be able to do prime time RR etc.

A

athar

Originally posted by -Nxs-

Agreed.

Neither Goa or even mythic will give a toss imo.

A

athar

oh and btw, I'm up for 'Saturday night server crash parties' :)

/em pissed at Goa too

A

Asq

Nice letter indeed. Considering of printing/sending it myself, Mythic receiving a complaint of me twice might point out soemthing :)

Originally posted by Stormm
btw Mythic HQ address:

4035 Ridge Top Road
8th Floor
Fairfax
VA 22030

Users who are viewing this thread