Film The Hobbit

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I've still got my copy of the Hobbit and god is it old.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Apparently someone is already in the process of editing the 3 movies down into one so it's like the book, should be much better.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Came back, meh.

Would've been better if they stuck to the book, it's hardly anything like the book.

Totally took the charm out of The Hobbit 'adventure' by turning it into MLG SNIPER NO SCOPE 360 THE HOBBIT ACTION PEW PEW TAKEN420

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I enjoyed it. Jackson did his usual thing of making every film seem like you've seen it before, but overall it was good.

Best bit?
Galadriel banishing the spirit of Sauron. Oh yes!

Worst bit?
Galadriel whimpering at the sight of the Nine. Seriously?!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Best bit?
Galadriel banishing the spirit of Sauron. Oh yes!

Always thought those were the worst, same as with lotr scene, something out of asterix and obelix meant to scare a 5 year old :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well...The hobbit is/was a childrens book.

Looking forward to the edited to fit the book version.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It was ok I reckon, my biggest issue was that I didn't care about any of the characters. Perhaps it'll be better watched at home, I know the second one certainly was.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was ok I reckon, my biggest issue was that I didn't care about any of the characters. Perhaps it'll be better watched at home, I know the second one certainly was.
This was my problem, all about the cgi and they wasted all the brilliant characters they spent six hours building up. It didn't feel like a conclusion to the previous two films, just a cash in.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Dragon, Bilbo and the elf chick. That's about it. Everything else was just generic mush, but i don't much care for lotr anyway.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I can't really remember what happens in the book. The film was fairly enjoyable.

I thought it was stupid how they spent a significant amount of time hyping up this second orc army and all the bats, and then the eagles turn up and the army is defeated in about 5 seconds and never spoken of again.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This was my problem, all about the cgi and they wasted all the brilliant characters they spent six hours building up. It didn't feel like a conclusion to the previous two films, just a cash in.

Remember in Return of the King, when Sam and Frodo are on the mountain? Sam hoists Frodo across his back and carries him up the slope. Stirring music, true friendship - that's what was lacking. There are bits here and there in the first and second films where you see hints of that kind of relationship, but it's never explored.

I thought the dwarf army and its leader were pretty awesome though. I liked the dwarf with the red hair, he was piss funny.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Remember in Return of the King, when Sam and Frodo are on the mountain? Sam hoists Frodo across his back and carries him up the slope. Stirring music, true friendship - that's what was lacking. There are bits here and there in the first and second films where you see hints of that kind of relationship, but it's never explored.

I thought the dwarf army and its leader were pretty awesome though. I liked the dwarf with the red hair, he was piss funny.

Yeah, it was a bit of a action-CGI pop corn munch CGI fest.

I mean, Bilbo is clearly the main character in 'The Hobbit' Shock horror.

But I really think he was heavily on the backburner, I had to remind myself on a regular basis about the ring etc.

There was more emphasis on Legolas than Bilbo.

Job

Unfortunately the Hobbits are a bit boring...I feel the urge to skip through all that Sam Frodo stuff when watching lotr...Jackson had to ramp up the exciting characters because the investors would demand it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Went to watch it with my son and we enjoyed it. Long time since I read the books so wasn't much of an issue for me.

Job

DVD screener on torrent if anyone's interested.

Job

Well I haven't seen it so it's a afternoon off work..microwave popcorn and boot up the proj.

Job

Hmmmm..
Too many well known English celebrities took the immersion out for me though Bilbo did get more believable near the end.
I've changed my mind and would like to see the three edited down to something dramatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom