The History of Excalibur updated

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
I think (How Sad Can They Get?) would be a better title for this one.

Sad is what I would call the albs defense of their keeps last night. And albs could defend because they knew we where there. Unlike the albs skillful NPC raid.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
i got a good title for the next relicraid .

Playing with HibToys ? yes? no? :mad:
How about breaking into dagda while hibs sleep?

lol @ you threatening me :D I will still go to sleep before 1:30, I will still wake up at 8, more importantly, I will still laugh at you ;)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Ardamel said:
Sad is what I would call the albs defense of their keeps last night. And albs could defend because they knew we where there. Unlike the albs skillful NPC raid.
except all us people with a modicum of sanity were tucked up warmly in our beds dreaming of fluffy marshmallows and breasts.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ardamel said:

some of us value sleep above relics - though I imagine there's enough students/doleys in albion to put up a semireasonable defence.

Defending till 12:30 in the morning is about doable - defending till 8am isn't ;) at least not on a weekday. Weekends are a bit easier but it's still not polite :p

That said you wouldn't have known till the relic went neutral (unless you had people periodically checking the relic keep - like back in the days before guard reports...) that the place was under attack... though apparently on saturdays raid 1fg NP managed to suicide in emain make it to amg before the alb force did - were there any mids in emain at the time?

It wasn't impossible for you to defend, almost impossible maybe but not impossible - and the time of night wasn't exactly the most fair.

but I'd say still say 'tis quite a difference between that and an 8am raid - almost as much of a difference between a proper primetime raid and a just-before-bed engage raid.

Both yesterday/today's raids were fairly lame, but one was lamer than the other

Now the next time albs get the strength relics (no matter which way they get them - rights to a fair relic take were waived on the raid that got you them before this recent spate of raids - not that I'll be up for any 5am raids personally but if we get them back I'll probably help defend as long as it's not 8am of course ;)) any chance of seeing a primetime ardamel raid? Or is it going to be back and forth ninja raiding till NF (and beyond no doubt) from both sides?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Ardamel said:

The alb defense, you mean the few people actually still online who werent asleep because they actually have real lives and responsibilities?

Aussie

Banned
If your retarded realm would actually play in Odin then you should have spotted 50albs coming out easily. Only mids playing there are Turgon & Zoia.

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
some of us value sleep above relics - though I imagine there's enough students/doleys in albion to put up a semireasonable defence.

Defending till 12:30 in the morning is about doable - defending till 8am isn't ;) at least not on a weekday. Weekends are a bit easier but it's still not polite :p

That said you wouldn't have known till the relic went neutral (unless you had people periodically checking the relic keep - like back in the days before guard reports...) that the place was under attack... though apparently on saturdays raid 1fg NP managed to suicide in emain make it to amg before the alb force did - were there any mids in emain at the time?

It wasn't impossible for you to defend, almost impossible maybe but not impossible - and the time of night wasn't exactly the most fair.

but I'd say still say 'tis quite a difference between that and an 8am raid - almost as much of a difference between a proper primetime raid and a just-before-bed engage raid.

Both yesterday/today's raids were fairly lame, but one was lamer than the other

Now the next time albs get the strength relics (no matter which way they get them - rights to a fair relic take were waived on the raid that got you them before this recent spate of raids - not that I'll be up for any 5am raids personally but if we get them back I'll probably help defend as long as it's not 8am of course ;)) any chance of seeing a primetime ardamel raid? Or is it going to be back and forth ninja raiding till NF (and beyond no doubt) from both sides?

All 3 raids (both Aussie's raids and mine) were fairly lame, but given that my raid was in the context of being an immediate reprisal/counter attack when albs where still cheering over their NPC bashing skills at Excal, our raid was less lame :) Had you kicked us out from Renaris or stopped us from taking the keep instead of sitting inside Excal then you would still have had the relics. There were over 100 albs inside Excal after Renaris was claimed and mids were spotted already in HW, surely you've could've stopped us easily or prevented this.

I don't mind Aussie's tactics, I'm sure they're great. You know I can pull off prime time relic raids and that is what I enjoy most. 'Tis a shame Herbal's efforts in taking the Str relics didn't result in mids taking the relics back prime time. I tried once and failed then I had my exams at the university and hence didn't have the time. Mids thought I had quit and pulled off a morning raid just as I came back. I'd sure like to raid Excal prime time, let's hope I get the pleasure of doing it before NF comes.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Please explain to me whats so bad about using engage tactics.. just jealous it's a good tactic and we used them first? Ok next time we rr we will kill all guards on the way to the relic keep to give you a chance to defend :rolleyes:

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
The alb defense, you mean the few people actually still online who werent asleep because they actually have real lives and responsibilities?

Its fun. 30 mins after your "primetime"-raid, everyone with a life should be asleep. Then add in the fact that a whole lot of midgard is actually 1 hour behind you in timezones etc. Still wanna claim it was primetime?

Calo

Part of the furniture
Carrera said:
Please explain to me whats so bad about using engage tactics.. just jealous it's a good tactic and we used them first? Ok next time we rr we will kill all guards on the way to the relic keep to give you a chance to defend :rolleyes:

So you would find it a very fun rr for U if we just engage ur guards and u see ur relic on neutral when ur doing an arti raid and 5 mins later we have them in our keep... wow yea such an good & fun rr for u, im 100% sure

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Theres a big chance of being spotted fyi, and yes its way better than raiding at 7am like u always seem to do these days

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Its fun. 30 mins after your "primetime"-raid, everyone with a life should be asleep. Then add in the fact that a whole lot of midgard is actually 1 hour behind you in timezones etc. Still wanna claim it was primetime?

Last time I checked, 09:30 isn't 30 minutes after 01:30, but what do I know...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:

And since when has everyone in midgard suddenly been in a different time zones?

And 1 am is a heck of alot closer to primetime RvR on excal then 7, 8 or 9 am thankyou whatever time zone you care to suddenly claim for your own is.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
Last time I checked, 09:30 isn't 30 minutes after 01:30, but what do I know...

I forgot you need to wait 8 hours before you start retaking keeps. Is that another honor-thing?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
And since when has everyone in midgard suddenly been in a different time zones?

And 1 am is a heck of alot closer to primetime RvR on excal then 7, 8 or 9 am thankyou whatever time zone you care to suddenly claim for your own is.

Still you could have defended or retaken the first keep that was attacked/taken and it would have been by your own definition, inside primetime. You were too lazy tho, or didnt care, or maybe you were tired after your exhausting primetimeraid? :rolleyes:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Was no keeps under attack at all when I went to bed half hour or so after the raid, and 1 keep at 2 am is a far cry from a relic raid at 9 am. Lol if its a full blown raid thats going to be a 7 or 8 hour siege on a tuesday morning you can fuck that I got better things to do with my life thankyou very much, as I said, (How Sad Can They Get?) raid. I'd rather do a half an hour aussie raid at midnight.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Can't be arsed to quote everyone so I skip that.

I did the exact same thing as Pin.. was sleeping the whole night from 23.00cet to 07.30cet..

I'm not awake at 01.30cet if I got work the next day.

I don't mind the engage tactics tbh.. they are fine. The problem is that you do it so damn late :p .. if they are so easy etc why don't you do it 21.00cet?
Are you afraid you will get spotted? So you actually get anything else then NPC's to fight? The only reason you do it at 01.30cet is because it's ALOT less mids online, so no bullshit there. Prove you can do it 21.00cet and you will be the king of Excalibur until we wtfpwn you next time Primetime.

I'm going to sleep now and if I find out you fucker fucked over Mjollnir after midnight one more time this week I will take my truck IRL and drive over you penis while you wank off to the relics in Excalibur.

(Ok that last sentence was a j/k, but you get my point :) )

Do the engage relic raid earlier next time please.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Was no keeps under attack at all when I went to bed half hour or so after the raid, and 1 keep at 2 am is a far cry from a relic raid at 9 am. Lol if its a full blown raid thats going to be a 7 or 8 hour siege on a tuesday morning you can fuck that I got better things to do with my life thankyou very much, as I said, (How Sad Can They Get?) raid. I'd rather do a half an hour aussie raid at midnight.

Point is the RR could have been stopped there.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
I forgot you need to wait 8 hours before you start retaking keeps. Is that another honor-thing?

Huh? Stop being retarded, 9:30 is not, no matter how you try to twist and turn, 30 minutes after 1:30. Not my fault you suck so much that you need an 8 hour keeptake "warmup" to take relics from a sleeping realm.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
Not my fault you suck so much that you need to ... take relics from a sleeping realm.

I don't know when you guys will begin to understand, but at 1:30am, the average person who has a job is sleeping. Raiding when people are sleeping makes no difference whether it's at 1:30 or 8:00, it's like missing the goal, it doesn't matter how close your shot got, it still missed.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
Huh? Stop being retarded, 9:30 is not, no matter how you try to twist and turn, 30 minutes after 1:30. Not my fault you suck so much that you need an 8 hour keeptake "warmup" to take relics from a sleeping realm.

Lets start from beginning. Albs raid mjollner at what they say is primetime. Roughly 30 mins (correct me if I am wrong here) 40 or so mids take Renaris. A little later the mids get a deathmessage from a guard, 102 enemies in the area. Those 102 albs could have A: stopped the mids before Renaris fell, or B: Taken the keep back from mids. Considering it was primetime, they should have stopped em since Renaris is the keep closest to Castle Sauvage.

The reason this is primetime to albs, is because their RR obviously was primetime to us. We being 1 hour behind them, the time were the same for most albs when Renaris fell/was attacked, as it was for most mids when relic went neutral. Now you might say "english server, fuck your timezone" or whatever, and if so, go ahead. I know not all mids are cet, not all albs are gmt, I assume majority is tho. Either way, you started a raid outside primetime, we continued it through offhours, you lost in the end, and now you are here crying about it.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
nol said:
I don't know when you guys will begin to understand, but at 1:30am, the average person who has a job is sleeping. Raiding when people are sleeping makes no difference whether it's at 1:30 or 8:00, it's like missing the goal, it doesn't matter how close your shot got, it still missed.

True, but doesnt explain why when stre relics were stolen by albs the server showed 1800 ppl playing. However, at 6am CET, when i called it a nite (2 hours before mid siege of Excalibur) we were 450 players in this server.

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
until we wtfpwn you next time Primetime.

ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha

:touch:

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:

Not true. If the average person goes to sleep before 1:30, there would not have been 1600 or 1800 or whatever number the servers where showing at the time(I wouldn't know cause I was still unpacking after my move). Six and a half to seven and a half hours’ sleep is all that the average adult requires, that means no problems staying up to 1-2 if you start at 8-9 the next morning (like I do). Huge difference between that and staying up til 9 in the morning.

Oh, and stop cutting parts of quotes out like that, specially when you cut out the point(guessing you didn't get it eh). I don't care if they raid a sleeping realm, was just saying they suck for needing 8 hours to raid a sleeping realm.

noaim said:
blablabla

I'm just saying what anyone who's finished first grade knows, it's not 30 minutes from 1:30 to 9:30. So you took a keep 30 mins after albs took the relics, great, if you had gone straight to relic you'd have a point. You didn't, it took 7 more hours before you got them.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Vasconcelos said:
True, but doesnt explain why when stre relics were stolen by albs the server showed 1800 ppl playing. However, at 6am CET, when i called it a nite (2 hours before mid siege of Excalibur) we were 450 players in this server.

but then again if u do engage rr's there almost no way to defend it if u dont have some uber nerd standing whole day at the relic keep...
so it does'nt matter if there are 2 mids online or 50 000 RR11 savages ... u still don't get it do u, u sleep at 1.30 , u sleep at 7.00 (atleast i did)

If we do engage raid properly u may have 5000 albs online im 99% sure u won't catch us at speed 6..

nol

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
Not true. If the average person goes to sleep before 1:30, there would not have been 1600 or 1800 or whatever number the servers where showing at the time(I wouldn't know cause I was still unpacking after my move). Six and a half to seven and a half hours’ sleep is all that the average adult requires, that means no problems staying up to 1-2 if you start at 8-9 the next morning (like I do). Huge difference between that and staying up til 9 in the morning.
I think those numbers are bullshit, furbish some proof. There are in the region of 1000 people logged on atm at a similar time, that's 600-800 people short.

I don't know where you live, but 7:30 is pretty much a family start to making it on time for work in London.

Whether it's 1:30 or 6:30 a person that is sleeping cannot defend or attack a keep, it is physically impossible.

Oh, and stop cutting parts of quotes out like that, specially when you cut out the point(guessing you didn't get it eh). I don't care if they raid a sleeping realm, was just saying they suck for needing 8 hours to raid a sleeping realm.
I cut relevant parts to make a point, obviously you missed it. When a realm is defended it's a lot more difficult to pull off a raid. More importantly, you think they should stop raiding because you want to go to bed, but you didn't afford them the same courtesy.

I'm just saying what anyone who's finished first grade knows, it's not 30 minutes from 1:30 to 9:30. So you took a keep 30 mins after albs took the relics, great, if you had gone straight to relic you'd have a point. You didn't, it took 7 more hours before you got them.
I took no keeps, because I am a Hib, and therefore an UNBIASED party in this argument.

In case you didn't know, taking keeps removes relic guards. If you're planning on attacking a defended relic keep it is the ONLY worthwhile tactic. Considering a rather large force had shortly before taken the relics, it made absolute sense to start the counter raid by taking keeps.

FYI, I was one of the most vocal opponents of ALL of Midgards lame raids against Albion, but there is a major difference here, the lame raid was started by Albion, who somehow expect special treatment because the took relics after people went to bed, instead of before they woke up.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
where did it show this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom