Film The General Film Thread

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Falcon/Winter Soldier was a means to an end imho, they needed to do it to carry on with their MCU plans. It was by far the weakest show they've made - But then they made the Netflix show (The dude with the punch) which was fucking terrible. So compared to that Falcon/WS was 1000x better.

I quite like the Luke Cage and Jessica Jones hope they make a appearances, but Iron Fist was hot garbage, Daredevil keeps being touted as the best one but i bounced off it hard dunno why

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Daredevil was OK, I thought the punisher was first class though. Watched all of iron fist but not bothered it got canned. Jessica jones and luke cage were terrible.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
The Batman. Paul Dano as Paul Dano in Prisoners (amazing but why the same fucking glasses and hair cut?). Tom Vampire or whatever the fuck he's called was decent. Zoe Kravitz is stunning.

Basically felt like an extended The Crow, but obviously not as good.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
lq9f1git2wu81.jpg

Trem

I *watched* Ambulance last night. You won't see a more pathetic, corny film for the rest of your life.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness;

Hmmm, it looks visually stunning and if you like Sam Raimi movies you'll like this a lot (and its surprisingly scary by MCU standards). On the other hand if you want an interesting plot or something that actually moves the MCU on, you'll probably be disappointed.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness;

Hmmm, it looks visually stunning and if you like Sam Raimi movies you'll like this a lot (and its surprisingly scary by MCU standards). On the other hand if you want an interesting plot or something that actually moves the MCU on, you'll probably be disappointed.
It was quite scarey I thought it was good … as for moving things a long I thought there were a few threads..

Trem

I'm sorry @caLLous I'm more excited about naming my next haemorrhoid. I thought the first was utter bollocks (basically cowboys and Indians, but sold on the 3D aspect)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm sorry @caLLous I'm more excited about naming my next haemorrhoid. I thought the first was utter bollocks (basically cowboys and Indians, but sold on the 3D aspect)

Call it 'Bob', short for 'Bobble' if anyone asks :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have not seen the first one. I doubt I ever will. It looks stupid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have not seen the first one. I doubt I ever will. It looks stupid.
I'm one of the few people brave enough to admit that they actually enjoyed it.

It was a bit corporate in it's storytelling, a reflection of Cameron's intellect no doubt, but it's a nicely realised world with some stupid things - but actually pushes some earth biology that none of us were taught because we didn't know it (mycelial networks, trees carbon trading etc) - obviously taking it to extremes.

Either way - it's pro-science nice visual action fun. But I wouldn't hunt it down and go "amazing".

To be fair - I'll probably see this one. Cameron has a hard-on for the oceans - so if he can't make a great water-move after the Abyss then I don't know who can.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Either way it's a new movie to watch and hopefully it'll be a pretty CGI showcase if anything else.

Two things:

1: Aren't we due a decent space movie at any point soon? We've had Interstellar and The Martian but nothing since.

2: Sat through Morbius yesterday. It's a one and done. Nothing special. Great concept average execution. Matt Smith was probably the best thing in the movie.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Either way it's a new movie to watch and hopefully it'll be a pretty CGI showcase if anything else.

Two things:

1: Aren't we due a decent space movie at any point soon? We've had Interstellar and The Martian but nothing since.

2: Sat through Morbius yesterday. It's a one and done. Nothing special. Great concept average execution. Matt Smith was probably the best thing in the movie.

I gave it a hard pass since IMDb bombed it.

It's a shame really, Jared Leto was amazing in some films - Dallas buyers club for instance, but it seems he's got a bit... pretentious?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Everything, Everywhere, All At Once is certainly interesting! A way more imaginative take on multiverses than anything we've seen in the MCU. You have to pay attention, and personally I don't think it quite sticks the landing, but the action is great and its genuinely funny in places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom