Film The General Film Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Resident Evil. Stupidest shit I have seen in a long time, and I have seen some stupid shit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Restless on Netflix, French and dubbed but pretty good nonetheless.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Watched Uncharted over the weekend (Paid!) and it's actually not terrible. It's not the most thought provoking movie of all time but it's a very easy 2 hour watch - We both enjoyed it for what it was.

Obviously they're going to do more films as it's just one of those franchises where they can just see how silly they can make it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I honestly can't see why I'd rush to the cinema for the vast majority of films now. I went to see Dune because I wanted them to make part 2. Otherwise I'm happy to wait now.

Arthouse films probably need more support than the biggies. And they're more interesting for a night out tbh. For me I think the big comic book films are probably better watched at home when you want to switch off and de-stress.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I very much enjoyed Spiderman: No Way Home.

I'd heard good things about it - but it was way better than I'd expected. They're really keeping up the quality.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Boiling point (now on Netflix) was pretty good, something different.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Moonfall is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen. Far beyond "just switch off your brain and enjoy it". My expectations weren't high but Jesus... I feel like my IQ is lower after watching than it was before.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I honestly can't see why I'd rush to the cinema for the vast majority of films now. I went to see Dune because I wanted them to make part 2. Otherwise I'm happy to wait now.

Arthouse films probably need more support than the biggies. And they're more interesting for a night out tbh. For me I think the big comic book films are probably better watched at home when you want to switch off and de-stress.
Wasn't it really a bit shit apart from the visuals though?

The bagpipes, that walk? I pissed myself when they did the walk. Clearly the funniest thing in any serious film ever.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wasn't it really a bit shit apart from the visuals though?

The bagpipes, that walk? I pissed myself when they did the walk. Clearly the funniest thing in any serious film ever.
I guess they didn't explain the need for it very well then @Trem.

I love the book - so was willing to accept it.

It's deffo worth the read. Absolutely fantastic.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
All I can say is read the book :)

I doubt it would make the film any better. It was hot garbage with special effects, from start to finish.

I mean, it literally doesn't go anywhere, it feels like it needs another film (for obvious reasons)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Fight Club book is astounding but then again so is the film. Not many live up to the book.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Im a little oversaturated with marvel but looking forward to the Thor movie, looks like fun

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Im a little oversaturated with marvel but looking forward to the Thor movie, looks like fun
I've completely lost track and am too overwhelmed to even know where to start. I casually watched all the Phase 1 movies back along and I might watch the movies as they come out but then there are TV shows all over the place and this and that and they all intertwine with each other and crossovers and argh.

I never had any exposure to the comics or anything but I want to get as much enjoyment out of watching it all as I can.

Overdriven

Sorry I didn't hear you over Natalie Portman.

I've completely lost track and am too overwhelmed to even know where to start. I casually watched all the Phase 1 movies back along and I might watch the movies as they come out but then there are TV shows all over the place and this and that and they all intertwine with each other and crossovers and argh.

I never had any exposure to the comics or anything but I want to get as much enjoyment out of watching it all as I can.

You don't need to have read the comics at all, just enjoy them for the mind-numbing entertainment that they are.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
mind numbing for sure, entertainment is extremely debatable. the whole MCU has been feeling like a cash-grab for a very long time now.

Disagree. All of the Disney+ shows have been great, and pretty original. Even the most Route 1 of them (Hawkeye) was still decent.

The post-Endgame movies have been more uneven, but that's partly because they're setup movies.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Disagree. All of the Disney+ shows have been great, and pretty original. Even the most Route 1 of them (Hawkeye) was still decent.

The post-Endgame movies have been more uneven, but that's partly because they're setup movies.
Sorry but did you actually watch Falcon & Winter Soldier or are you one of those influencer types being paid by the house of mouse?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sorry but did you actually watch Falcon & Winter Soldier or are you one of those influencer types being paid by the house of mouse?

While i will freely admit i wrote that last post while literally stood in Disney Hollywood Studios, I stand by it.

Overdriven

Falcon/Winter Soldier was a means to an end imho, they needed to do it to carry on with their MCU plans. It was by far the weakest show they've made - But then they made the Netflix show (The dude with the punch) which was fucking terrible. So compared to that Falcon/WS was 1000x better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom