Film The General Film Thread

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just watched the new Resident Evil movie... what a pile of fucking shit. I never thought it would be possible to make a Resident Evil movie worse than than Milla Jovovich ones... how wrong I was.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just watched the new Resident Evil movie... what a pile of fucking shit. I never thought it would be possible to make a Resident Evil movie worse than than Milla Jovovich ones... how wrong I was.

Dammit. That was on my watch list :/ Really that bad?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Dammit. That was on my watch list :/ Really that bad?

literally 1/10 lol

without spoiling it

Characters used really badly
Iconic enemies treated like paper dolls
Zombies make no sense
Overall story makes no sense and doesn't fit with anything that happened in the games

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
New Matrix movie is pretty poo poo as well 4/10 - lots of fan service and no real substance.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I dunno, I like Cumberbatch as an Actor but his American accent in Doctor Strange gets on my nerves.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Matrix 4 is ok I think. Not brilliant, but I like the story and I like the characters. I like why Morpheus is different, I like the connection between Neo and Trinity, the action sequences are pretty decent. It just feels a bit rushed to me, and the aforementioned action sequences aren't quite "set pieces".

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Matrix isn't terrible, just a bit predictable. Frustratingly there was actually a much more interesting movie they could have made and it was teased early on but they went the obvious way.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I watched Matrix 4 yesterday and struggled to see why it was made apart from trying to make money.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I watched Matrix 4 yesterday and struggled to see why it was made apart from trying to make money.

Also saw it yesterday and also have the same opinion.

Was an entertaining 2 hours but it's absolutely not needed.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I'm going to watch it later on, hope its better than No way home.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I very much doubt it. There is no purpose to the film other than to make money.
It was ok and about what I expected it be.
Also I guess 99% of films server no other purpose than to make money.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It was ok and about what I expected it be.
Also I guess 99% of films server no other purpose than to make money.
No most films and their sequels tell a story. Matrix 4 did not need to be made after the trilogy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I still wish they hadn't made the third one.
I still wish they had only made the one, then left it. The first one was pretty much perfect.

I've hooked it on the high seas and will watch over xmas if it rains.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Thing is, they referenced this in the film, making a Matrix sequel game.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I couldn't get past the first half hour. Just set my teeth on edge.

I can get it if you find it too cheese, but my dad hated it when he's a massive Monty python fan.

I don't think the Trumpy part helped either, it kind of takes away the fact that we are all not doing enough, rather than Lib tards watching the film and thinking it's all Trump and his followers fault, that being said they did target gen zs and social media life etc.

But I do think there's an overwhelming uncomfortable response that people were upset that they don't want to be the person they're making jokes about.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I can get it if you find it too cheese, but my dad hated it when he's a massive Monty python fan.

I don't think the Trumpy part helped either, it kind of takes away the fact that we are all not doing enough, rather than Lib tards watching the film and thinking it's all Trump and his followers fault, that being said they did target gen zs and social media life etc.

But I do think there's an overwhelming uncomfortable response that people were upset that they don't want to be the person they're making jokes about.

I actually didn't even get to the politics, it was pure "I can't watch any more self-absorbed vacuous Americans, this is too realistic". I'm just depressed that I automatically just thought "the Chinese will sort it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom