Film The General Film Thread

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ghostbusters 3 soon lads (yes, 3.. that shit with the women in wasn't Ghostbusters 3, that shit was just a woke glorified shitfest)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ghostbusters 3 soon lads (yes, 3.. that shit with the women in wasn't Ghostbusters 3, that shit was just a woke glorified shitfest)
One of them is dead.

As should be the franchise. It was a one hit wonder. (But what a wonder)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Harold Ramis died yea, he will still be mentioned/ be apart of the movie though as I understand it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just got back from watching Eternals. It was...interesting. Even though its an MCU movie it doesn't feel like one. Its structure is nothing like any other MCU movie (surely a good thing), and I actually did find the characters interesting, and it looks great.

But...being an MCU movie is part of its problem. Every link with the wider MCU creates more problems than it solves and it feels shoehorned in to MCU continuity in a way that doesn't really work (and not just the handwaving of their lack of involvement in InfinityWar).

It also suffers from essentially being a setup movie, not only for its own sequel but I'm guessing at least two or even three others. Quite a few extraneous scenes that don't drive the movie.

Having said that, the off-camera voice at the end of second end credits scene is very cool; everyone's favourite daywalker...

I actually think it might be the one MCU film that might go up in people's estimation when the other pieces fall into place.

NB. Are people seriously giving out about the movie having a couple of gay characters? Fuckwits.

They will likely decide on who to make movie trilogies based on how popular each character is. The stories are likely already written, characters interchangeable.

As for the gay thing, while some will be raging about the existence of gays, for reasons, some just don't see the point. For the most part a characters sexuality is completely meaningless in an unplug-your-brain superhero movie. I haven't seen the film and probably won't bother until it's on Disney+ but all too often it's just oh, by the way, this guy is gay! Look at the gay, we at Marvel are inclusive now, guys! Then it's just forgotten about, as it has absolutely no meaning to the film, it's box ticking. I think actually Stark Trek Discovery handled "this sort of thing" pretty well with Adira, whereas, as said, most just shoehorn it in, in a really clumsy way.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Edit, and the 2 gay chaps that worked so seamlessly I had completely forgotten they were/are in it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
One of them is dead.

As should be the franchise. It was a one hit wonder. (But what a wonder)
Except the new one looks fucking amazing as it's not being driven by the usual bullshit but being driven by the original directors son with the original directors involvement and the original cast not a bunch of women off SNL

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
NB. Are people seriously giving out about the movie having a couple of gay characters? Fuckwits.

Yes. People are. They're fuckwits.

Eternals is on our list.

Netflix: Army of Thieves. I mean.. It was a fun watch. Nothing special but a good time waster.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The harder they fall.

Nothing really happens and it's 2 hours long. Stylish though, and I would literally drink Zazie Beetz's bathwater.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The whole MCU thing has been pretty enjoyable for me, although I think Civil War is shite. Captain America TWS is fucking amazing though, and the first superhero film I've ever seen where the fights really look like proper fights.

Anyhow, the best action film I've seen lately is Extraction. Really enjoyed that one, and they're shooting a sequel now. And it spawned the greatest YT comment I've ever seen, on this clip. "When Thor finds Noobmaster"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrdC0xSQ1EE

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It wasn't bad tbh. Humour carried it along.

But I was knackered on a sunday night so just needed something non-challenging :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Worth the watch. For GG alone.
It was a run of the mill popcorn muncher. Pretty obvious all the way through and a bit too self-aware in the writing for me (the constant this is what would happens next if this were a movie bits). I could have done without the "Dads are bad m'kay" theme and the obligatory "The Rock can has unnecessary action sequence in The Rock's movie" bit which is tired now. In the non action scenes the three of them played well off one another though which is good given it pretty much reeks of "sequel already in the works"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ghostbusters Afterlife. Took the kids this afternoon. Really enjoyed it; faithful to the original and it won't tax your brain, but its fun.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It was a run of the mill popcorn muncher. Pretty obvious all the way through and a bit too self-aware in the writing for me (the constant this is what would happens next if this were a movie bits). I could have done without the "Dads are bad m'kay" theme and the obligatory "The Rock can has unnecessary action sequence in The Rock's movie" bit which is tired now. In the non action scenes the three of them played well off one another though which is good given it pretty much reeks of "sequel already in the works"

I read he didn't fit in the Porsche so he had to get oiled up to get squeezed in...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Erg...no

Strangely, the same reaction about any DC film.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just watched that Red Notice - actually thought it was ok, I expected it to be utter shite.

DaGaffer

Spider-Man: No Way Home. Just got back from the IMAX with the kids. Its brilliant. Really enjoyable. I genuinely thought it was going to be a hot mess but it totally works.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Spider-Man: No Way Home. Just got back from the IMAX with the kids. Its brilliant. Really enjoyable. I genuinely thought it was going to be a hot mess but it totally works.
I might throw this at the missus and see what she says.

My only reservation is that omicron is a hot mess and it's just before xmas :/

Edit: She just said "what? To the covid cinema??" :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Good to hear, out of all the marvel stuff, spider-man is prob the only one I still give a fuck about.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Am 100% hoping Spiderman and Matrix come out on steaming services (even paid!) Over the next week thanks to C19. Really want to seen them and both fall under the "Pay to see them" list for us.

DaGaffer

Am 100% hoping Spiderman and Matrix come out on steaming services (even paid!) Over the next week thanks to C19. Really want to seen them and both fall under the "Pay to see them" list for us.

Matrix is Warner Brothers isnt it? So i think that means it will definitely be out on HBO Max in the US and everywhere else shortly after. Don't expect Spider-Man though because its a Sony movie. Disney might have D+'d it (although I doubt it) but not Sony.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
we really really enjoyed it also - very very good!

Spiderman is out in April currently on Disney +

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom