Film The General Film Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
1, I think? :) They are allowed to work afterwards!

But yeah, looks kind of shit from that, but it's not giving much away. I had heard it's their new cash cow, but the characters don't really have much to separate them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the characters don't really have much to separate them.
There's a scene in the trailer that looks like three pairs of them come together. So not only that, it looks like the story arcs are the same.

Call me cynical - but I think Marvel are getting a bit slack, at least on the marketing front. If you're trying to generate enthusiasm it needs to have more of a hook than "look at this pretty stuff".

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
1, I think? :) They are allowed to work afterwards!

But yeah, looks kind of shit from that, but it's not giving much away. I had heard it's their new cash cow, but the characters don't really have much to separate them.
Two? Robb Stark and John Snow?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
There's some unseen Borat 2 footage on Amazon prime, it's better than the actual film tbh.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
1. Am i the only one who really cannot appreciate borat?

2. Enough cartoon-hero movies already

3. Have you guys seen the new Star Wars - The bad batch? Really enjoyed the characters and the setting

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
There's a scene in the trailer that looks like three pairs of them come together. So not only that, it looks like the story arcs are the same.

Call me cynical - but I think Marvel are getting a bit slack, at least on the marketing front. If you're trying to generate enthusiasm it needs to have more of a hook than "look at this pretty stuff".

They're having to be a bit circumspect with their marketing because all their films and Disney+ shows are piling up on top of each other because of Covid; if things were normal this film would have been out last year. They had to cut some Doctor Strange stuff out of Wandavision for that reason, and a character in F&TWS was supposed to be revealed earlier in Black Widow. There's almost certainly stuff in Eternal that has similar issues.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Army of the dead, stupid from start to finish, loved it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Army of the dead, stupid from start to finish, loved it.

I thought it was ok. Quite predictable. Could have been better.

] The "smart" zombies didnt really pose much of a threat really. Since they are so smart why didnt they just build their way over the wall??

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I thought it was a typical Synder film. Over the top visuals combined with an illogical poor script and a sub-par film. The "plot" had so many holes it was laughable especially

Once he had the head why didn't the security guy just leave? They were still by the entrance with plenty of time to spare. The entire robbery after that was pointless.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They're having to be a bit circumspect with their marketing because all their films and Disney+ shows are piling up on top of each other because of Covid; if things were normal this film would have been out last year. They had to cut some Doctor Strange stuff out of Wandavision for that reason, and a character in F&TWS was supposed to be revealed earlier in Black Widow. There's almost certainly stuff in Eternal that has similar issues.

I enjoy the Marvel line of films although I'm concerned they are over using it now with even more series appearing off the assorted films.

I thought it was a typical Synder film. Over the top visuals combined with an illogical poor script and a sub-par film. The "plot" had so many holes it was laughable especially

Once he had the head why didn't the security guy just leave? They were still by the entrance with plenty of time to spare. The entire robbery after that was pointless.

Isn't Synder just the modern day Michael Bay, in essence don't watch it for the story just the effects.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Disney+: Cruella.

Interesting take on the character. 2 hour movie where you can turn your brain off. Imagine a darker version of "The Devil Wears Prada" but with more.. Disney.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Disney+: Cruella.

Interesting take on the character. 2 hour movie where you can turn your brain off. Imagine a darker version of "The Devil Wears Prada" but with more.. Disney.

I thought her sidekicks were also quite well done.

All at the small price of £20 on top of your Disney+ subs. Nice....☠

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I thought Cruella was great - a proper Marvel-esque origin story for a Disney villain. It could be a very rich seam for them, they've got stacks of villains to revisit.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I did not mind 20 quid .... cheaper than seeing it at the cinema here in Sweden..

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Watched Baywatch with Dwayne Johnson, and it was surprisingly funny, they really leaned into the absurdity and called it out a few times. Panned by critics but if you take it as a light hearted piss take its quite enjoyable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom