Film The General Film Thread

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm glad that you've managed to judge a film which hasn't even been released yet.

That's very magical.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood...

Great acting, gorgeous cinematography, fuck all story. Last 10-15 minutes were excellent and a few bits and pieces here and there were good, but Tarantino really needs a fucking editor.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood...

Great acting, gorgeous cinematography, fuck all story. Last 10-15 minutes were excellent and a few bits and pieces here and there were good, but Tarantino really needs a fucking editor.
I was hoping that wasn't the case and it would be a return to (long ago lost) form :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or dreaming?

DaGaffer

Ad Astra. Woeful. Poor Heart of Darkness (Apocalypse Now philistines) adaptation, with such cavalier attention to physics it may well have been Star Wars.

Really disappointing

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's a shame. There's a couple of sci-fi things coming out but I'll have to search so I can remember what they are.

Cinema is kinda passing me by nowadays, which is strange because I used to be an avid consumer and know the most obscure things.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I really enjoyed El Camino. I don't know what I was expecting but it was nice to see some familiar faces (Todd could've lost a couple of pounds before they started filming) and a good use of flashbacks to show us some bits that we didn't see in Breaking Bad. This was definitely a more satisfying end to Jesse's story than the TV show, which (understandably) became all about Walt in the last few episodes.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Saw Joker last weekend.... if you can get past Joker having an origin story it was an excellent expose in the deterioration of someone with mental health issues. Joaquin Phoenix was superb

DaGaffer

Saw Joker last weekend.... if you can get past Joker having an origin story it was an excellent expose in the deterioration of someone with mental health issues. Joaquin Phoenix was superb

I just cant bring myself to watch another edgy DC movie.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I just cant bring myself to watch another edgy DC movie.
Out of interest - what other edgy DC movies are there?

I'm a bit on the fence on this one - I like Joaquin Phoenix and the trailers look ace - but they've not pinned any of it on the actual Joker from the comics - they've just written a story utterly unrelated to the cannon and then plonked the joker in as the main character (apparently).

It's a bit like - if they did a Dredd movie but made him not a clone. I guess it could still be a great movie, but it ain't really Dredd is it.

I can see the benefits of this whole characters don't matter thing that's happening - you just make good films whatever - but characters do matter IMO. Black James Bond? Joker who's not really Joker. They could be great films - but why not just write a great story not about those characters?

(Yes, I know, financial risk. But that's a lame excuse).

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I really enjoyed El Camino. I don't know what I was expecting but it was nice to see some familiar faces (Todd could've lost a couple of pounds before they started filming) and a good use of flashbacks to show us some bits that we didn't see in Breaking Bad. This was definitely a more satisfying end to Jesse's story than the TV show, which (understandably) became all about Walt in the last few episodes.
Funny, I was really disappointed. It's well put together visually but it totally undermines the ending of Breaking Bad for me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joker was good @DaGaffer.

I also found that taking a couple of glasses and a a large flask full of pina colada into the cinema enhances the experience significantly. :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Oh you can get a G$T in my cinema .... no sneaky stuff :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh you can get a G$T in my cinema .... no sneaky stuff :p
Couple of my cinemas too - but the only one with it on last night at the right time doesn't serve.

I then got smashed in a pub afterwards got home at 3am, realised I'd lost my keys so got in a taxi to my mates, started drinking again and passed out at about 6.

I feel like sheeee-ite today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom