The future of EU DAoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Sigurd said:
The opening post was never intended as a flame. Something of a reprimand to Mythic maybe, but it was intended as a warning of NF's little (and not so) nuances. If you took it the wrong way, you must be looking for a flame...

Ok great, we can all understand that, but you seemed to take it personally and get up on your high horse so to speak and not accept any other possibilties.

People have only been flaming you because you acting stupid about it, its easier to act all stuborn and arogant but it takes a "real" man to back down and admit when he is wrong....

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Hey fucktard, I'm not american. I moved to the american servers because stupid people are more fun to play with than assholes like yourself.

Sad thing is, this is true to a certain extent ;)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Mythic didn´t "let down their playerbase". NF might be a radical change to the RvR we know, but then, if you´re looking at all the boards, nobody is happy with todays state of RvR. Relicraids and Keepfights have become an utterly redundant aspect of the game

This in my eyes was down to Mythics OWN doing...in the old days of Daoc Keep fights and Relic Raids were something that happened regularly, but since the the introduction of TOA and especially Fault Finder...Keep Fights and Relic Raids become redundant. This was due to the fact if u had enough Fault Finder Tanks that a Keep could be taken down within a matter minutes, infact so quick that unless the enemy was spotted on a way to a Keep or Relic the Defenders didnt have time to respond and defend.

Old days of Daoc Relic Raids had to be pre planned even done in early hours of the morning for a chance of them to succeed...because u had to reduce the guard population on the Relic Keep by taking other Keeps to make your life easier...but now its a case of skipping all the other keeps turn up at Relic Keep with a few dozen Fault Finder tanks, 1/2 Rams and if ur not spotted then u've got a good chance ull be going home with a Relic in a matter of minutes.

This is why Keep fights and Relic Raids have become redundant because ppl know that there isnt much chance of defending a Keep or saving a Relic no more, unless u can actually get to the Keep and inside before the enemey are on the doors...if the enemy are on the doors with Fault Finder tanks then forget it

[QUOTE='Thorwyn[B&Q]The endgame in todays DAOC is zerg and this can´t be "it". And Mythic was actually listening to their current playerbase... and finally changed the RvR aspect.[/Quote]

I think its more of a case of YOU havent heard what Mythic said about the game...they have always stated they wanted to have it so everyone could enjoy Warfare on a large scale. The direction they wanted to take the game in ,was that RvR was accessible to ALL players and that they would be able to join a battle pretty soon as they logged in.

This will no doubt will create "Zerging" and especially in NF..where ppl can see on their maps where the battles are taking place and pretty much just teleport to the battle. So if you dont like zerging now its only going to get worse in my view...but this is something Mythic wants...and has always wanted, this is their "Warfare on a larger scale"

But ask most ppl ingame and 90%+ ppl will tell you they prefer 8v8 fights..they find it more fun more challenging ...and more rewarding!

[QUOTE='Thorwyn[B&Q]Changing the balance and the mechanisms of a game always means changing the impact of certain classes. Tanks are going to be less effective in NF, true. But then... so what? It´s impossible to create a situation where everyone is equally effective. As soon as the population of tanks will decrease more and more, they will boost the role of tanks again[/Quote]

Changing the content of a game or adding more...is usually a good thing obviously depending what that content is BUT!

The balance of the game should of been sorted before the game was released...Mythic should of tested things out they had in mind and made sure how these things would of effected the game on a whole, but its obvious to most that certain things either got very little testing or none at all.

When the game 1st came out the Archer classes were classed as too overpowered and were "nerfed" to the point that noone would play them. Then a little later the Assassin's also got nerfed because too many ppl were "crying" that they could PA and if they 1shotted someone they didnt unstealth...well sorry to me that seems reasonable...afterall Assassin's trade is to kill ppl without being detected, but this was classed as too overpowered and so the Assassins would remain unstealthed as soon as they attacked someone. My point is throughout the history of the game...patches have introduced new things or taken away things from classes because the BALANCE has never been right

Its ok for someone like you to say "Tanks are going to be less effective in NF, true. But then... so what?" but how about the person whos main or only char is a tank and has spent the last 2yrs lvling it...equipping it...getting Mls...Artifacts and Realm points on his/her char only to find that when NF comes along his class is more of less useless. Yes you might say well he cant really complain tanks have had it good in Daoc for the last 1yr or more...now its the turn of other classes to have some fun. I would agree to this to a point...but if the BALANCE was right from the beginning noone would have to worry about if their character was gonna be "wanted/playable" in the next major expansion. Mythic shouldnt have to keep "boosting" classes when they see a decline in their population ...because its Mythic lack of thinking that leads to their decline in the 1st place...because of the lack of BALANCE.

You only have to look at classes like Necro..Animists..Savages...to see that balance was totally forgotten about when they was introduced to the game.

Necros when buffed come more or less melee immune.
Animists been able to place their pets more or less anywhere and solo just about nearly anything..given the right circumstances.
Savages when buffed and with the right support...hitting for silly dmg at silly speeds and been able to tear groups apart

To me...NF is just a like a major patch to re-adjust some balance issues that was created again through lack of thinking when they made TOA.

The famous quote of "TOA wont effect RvR" was obviously either bad PR/Marketing on their part or 1 major cockup...they obviously didnt realise how Fault Finder would influence Relic/Keep fights so much and make em more or less redundant..so now NF tries to re-adjust this, with Keep upgrades, Boiling Oil over the doors and the fact now the Relic Keeps are locked away behind gates that u need to open, by taking a certain of other keeps 1st.

If you take away the "fluff" of NF you basically have the game like it was when it 1st come out...when Archers and Casters are the favourable class...and once again to get a chance of Relic you have to obtain a certain amout of enemy keeps 1st.
Add to this the new RA system, you could say thats how RA's should of been in the 1st place !....where Realm RA's were equal...but class RA's were unique

[QUOTE='Thorwyn[B&Q]"First off, DAOC isn´t "our" game"[/quote]

So in my eyes Mythic HAS let the playerbase down to a degree...and hasnt listened properly to the ppl that matter...and thats the ppl who play the game day in ...day out!

no it isnt OUR game...but end of the day...if there is NO us...then there is NO game!

Just a couple of points u seemed to miss ;)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Several of the points raised have been fixed already, and archers got nerfed last night. Don't whine before NF is actually truly live. (Right now it's still in Beta.)

They have released it while still in Beta Stage? ( in US)....i presume this is actually to get the players to do their testing for them?....and this time hopefully come up with a final product everyone is happy with and address any problems that occur?

Archers nerfed again??..i dont think ive ever heard a class get nerfed so much...what was wrong with them this time?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Some valid points there... however:

The balance of the game should of been sorted before the game was released...Mythic should of tested things out they had in mind and made sure how these things would of effected the game on a whole, but its obvious to most that certain things either got very little testing or none at all.

Can´t do that. You never can. In a constantly changing environment like a MMORPG, you can never completely balance everything. As soon as you´re adding stuff, other stuff might go out of hand unnoticed. Take a look at Cabbies and tanglers. No class was supposed to be able to kill tanglers all by themselves. Yet, some clever dude found out some sunny day, making Cabbies fotm. Things like this - which are basically breaking the game - are seldom found during testing. Take a look at other games. Magic: The Gathering is a pretty good example for this. Those guys are releasing expansion after expansion... and still, broken cards are being printed and make their way past the QA/Testing staff.

Its ok for someone like you to say "Tanks are going to be less effective in NF, true. But then... so what?" but how about the person whos main or only char is a tank and has spent the last 2yrs lvling it...equipping it...getting Mls...Artifacts and Realm points on his/her char only to find that when NF comes along his class is more of less useless.

There´s a difference between being less effective and being useless. Tanks won´t be useless. They´re just not holding the same role they currently have. Nobody is forced to stop playing because he unfortunately has a tank. He´ll still find groups and get his RP´s. Look... some classes will ALWAYS be less wanted in RvR. There will always be one "optimal" group setup for RvR because people found out (or they think they found) the most effective way to kill opponents.

because its Mythic lack of thinking that leads to their decline in the 1st place...because of the lack of BALANCE.

I don´t think it´s a lack of thinking. Ever tried to design a game? Balance is the hardest part of it all and it always takes time to get it right, regardless of how much thinking power you´re investing. It´s way to easy to just say "bad job´s, they should have done more work there". :)

no it isnt OUR game...but end of the day...if there is NO us...then there is NO game!

As I said, making the current playerbase happy is just one aspect of the game. True, if there is no, us, then there is no game. But there will always be some "us" simply because not everybody shares your or my pov. The game doesn´t survive because we´re currently here and playing. It will survive because of long term attracdtivity to new players.

But ask most ppl ingame and 90%+ ppl will tell you they prefer 8v8 fights..they find it more fun more challenging ...and more rewarding!

I`m not sure about the 90% but maybe.. let´s consider you´re right there. If that was the case, then we wouldn´t need large RvR zones. We wouldn´t need Keeps, Relics etc.etc. All we´d need is a couple small RvR zones, maybe 1/4 of the size of a BG. No problem at all, would save Mythic a lot of work and stuff to take care of. Still, they would lose... they would lose their most important unique selling point and that would be suicide. The RvR system is THE most interesting point of DAOC. It´s what´s making the difference to all the other games out there. And I think it´s safe to assume that a good number of the people who´re playing DAOC started playing it because of the RvR aspect.. the battles and keeps. Hope you get my point. :)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
As I said, making the current playerbase happy is just one aspect of the game. True, if there is no, us, then there is no game. But there will always be some "us" simply because not everybody shares your or my pov. The game doesn´t survive because we´re currently here and playing. It will survive because of long term attracdtivity to new players.

true, looking from a different view...though i no longer play the game...due to certain things within the game i personally dont like....i think if i was a new player i would prefer to start the game now...instead of when i started at release. Simply because i wouldnt know what i know now.,..and wouldnt have the views i do....but it does make me wonder if Daoc does get any new players...because in the UK...its virtually impossible to buy the game from a store anymore.

But regarding the other points...yes i know what ur saying and i appreciate ur points...its not always possible to get the BALANCE right through testing etc but i personally think Mythic could of handled these issues better than they have done. Especially with some of the "thinking" i mentioned...it seems sometimes..Mythic do "U Turns" on certain aspects of the game...they say boost a class in 1patch..but in the next patch nerf them...because it wasnt working as "intended"...which always makes me think...they didnt actually test it

But overall in comparision to other games out there and what ive read about em...we shouldnt really complain :D

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
They have released it while still in Beta Stage? ( in US)....i presume this is actually to get the players to do their testing for them?....and this time hopefully come up with a final product everyone is happy with and address any problems that occur?

Archers nerfed again??..i dont think ive ever heard a class get nerfed so much...what was wrong with them this time?

They're still patching 1.70aq is the latest release, so yes, it's still in Beta. Or whatever you want to call it - it's isn't finished yet.

Archer no longer gain as much from shooting down as they did. The maximum bonus has been set to 500 units. (But the penalty for shooting uphill remains scalable to last unit, of course).

Instead of learning new tictacs, cluebies whined until archers got nerfed (again). The history of our class. We get nerfed because the stupidity of other classes' players, not so much because we are unbalancing. :)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
They're still patching 1.70aq is the latest release, so yes, it's still in Beta. Or whatever you want to call it - it's isn't finished yet.

Archer no longer gain as much from shooting down as they did. The maximum bonus has been set to 500 units. (But the penalty for shooting uphill remains scalable to last unit, of course).

Instead of learning new tictacs, cluebies whined until archers got nerfed (again). The history of our class. We get nerfed because the stupidity of other classes' players, not so much because we are unbalancing. :)

shame to hear they are still "nerfing" classes just because other ppl arent willing to learn and adapt to ways of killing em...instead they go and cry "overpowered"

but sadly the archer class always seems to get the rough end of the stick when it comes to them...ive never found anything remotely "overpowered" from any Archer class...so i cant even begin to think why they carry on getting nerfed or why ppl think they should be....

maybe am missing something ;)

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
The opening post was never intended as a flame. Something of a reprimand to Mythic maybe, but it was intended as a warning of NF's little (and not so) nuances. If you took it the wrong way, you must be looking for a flame...
Its really sad to play a game you hate, with people you hate, thats made by people you hate.

Oh and there are very few people in this thread that has flamed you. Those who did mostly had a reason for it tbh.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:
A little tip for next "informative" post then.. Don't say that the game is a bad joke, that mythic destroyed our game, that our computers can't handle it, that we can't play RvR, that our former chars suck and are useless etc etc.. Keep it down a bit and give it to us gently and don't turn everything around and exaggerate cuz' you don't like it. Try to keep it at a more informative rather than your oppinion post. If you do that, ppl will understand your intentions instead of thinking you are just some whining hot shot from the states. :worthy:

Sigurd

Banned
I'm not american. I've never been to america. I never want to go to america. Get that into your head mmkay? Everyone else seems to have managed it. Like I said this is a thread in forum, not a magazine review, threads are not completely objective and mine certainly aren't. Some people like that, usually those with a personality. Others, like you don't - my advice - don't...read...it...then...

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
I'm not american. I've never been to america. I never want to go to america. Get that into your head mmkay? Everyone else seems to have managed it. Like I said this is a thread in forum, not a magazine review, threads are not completely objective and mine certainly aren't. Some people like that, usually those with a personality. Others, like you don't - my advice - don't...read...it...then...
I started to read this thread as the topic invites all to read it. If you really wanted just teh people that are really concerned with RvR to read it you would have picked another title for this tread. By the title only you start to aggitate...
You in your opening post (aka the opening post of this godforgotten thread), and in sveral post after that, have claimed to post an advice of how NF are! Yes, what you say MAY be true on the US servers or they MAY NOT be true. Given that other people that play on the US servers that contradict you leads me to just streangthen my piont, and which have been my point all along: You claim, from your 1st post that "this is how what I've seen and felt about it and it is like this 'cus I say so!!!11eleven"
And many, including me, after I finally picked up this thread, have questioned what makes you the person to predict the coming of NF on the EU servers? You don't even play here....
And you show post by post that you are trying to defend yourself by namecalling and flaming of other that haven't flamed you aka not shared your opinion...

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:
Wtf are you smoking?! I did not even mention you being an amarican, and you wanna know why? I know you aren't ^^

And those some ppl that like your post must be a very small bunch then judging to the response you got with this post. :D

Don't read it you say? How am I suppose to know if I dislike it if I don't read it? :rolleyes:

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
NeonBlue said:
This in my eyes was down to Mythics OWN doing...in the old days of Daoc Keep fights and Relic Raids were something that happened regularly, but since the the introduction of TOA and especially Fault Finder...Keep Fights and Relic Raids become redundant. This was due to the fact if u had enough Fault Finder Tanks that a Keep could be taken down within a matter minutes, infact so quick that unless the enemy was spotted on a way to a Keep or Relic the Defenders didnt have time to respond and defend.

Old days of Daoc Relic Raids had to be pre planned even done in early hours of the morning for a chance of them to succeed...because u had to reduce the guard population on the Relic Keep by taking other Keeps to make your life easier...but now its a case of skipping all the other keeps turn up at Relic Keep with a few dozen Fault Finder tanks, 1/2 Rams and if ur not spotted then u've got a good chance ull be going home with a Relic in a matter of minutes.

This is why Keep fights and Relic Raids have become redundant because ppl know that there isnt much chance of defending a Keep or saving a Relic no more, unless u can actually get to the Keep and inside before the enemey are on the doors...if the enemy are on the doors with Fault Finder tanks then forget it

Faultfinder gets nerfed, so thats pretty m00t.

NeonBlue said:
Its ok for someone like you to say "Tanks are going to be less effective in NF, true. But then... so what?" but how about the person whos main or only char is a tank and has spent the last 2yrs lvling it...equipping it...getting Mls...Artifacts and Realm points on his/her char only to find that when NF comes along his class is more of less useless. Yes you might say well he cant really complain tanks have had it good in Daoc for the last 1yr or more...now its the turn of other classes to have some fun. I would agree to this to a point...but if the BALANCE was right from the beginning noone would have to worry about if their character was gonna be "wanted/playable" in the next major expansion. Mythic shouldnt have to keep "boosting" classes when they see a decline in their population ...because its Mythic lack of thinking that leads to their decline in the 1st place...because of the lack of BALANCE.

Yes casters might play a much stronger part in keeps and active RvR in NF but dont forget that NF has had its seige system improved... So all those tanks thinking they will be useless... How do casters propose 2 actually take a keep with no tanks? Yes this does set tanks back to the seige bot status, but what have casters had for the last 2 years +. >>>> I get 1 shot by uBer tanks >>>> Resed >>> One Shot >>> Resed >>>> Repeat and Rinse.

So imo i think its quite fair, and besides there is only a small player base if any that have only one char, most ppl have rolled alts and kitted them out as well, so im sure most ppl will have some alternative selection for char choice.

NeonBlue said:
You only have to look at classes like Necro..Animists..Savages...to see that balance was totally forgotten about when they was introduced to the game.

Necros when buffed come more or less melee immune.
Animists been able to place their pets more or less anywhere and solo just about nearly anything..given the right circumstances.
Savages when buffed and with the right support...hitting for silly dmg at silly speeds and been able to tear groups apart

Animists have been nerf in Keep attacking.

Necros are shit VS casters ie dead in 2 nukes, and pretty buggy ai/los means tricky to control.

Savages well, caster grps can kill em :p

Sigurd

Banned
Teh FnoRd said:
I started to read this thread as the topic invites all to read it. If you really wanted just teh people that are really concerned with RvR to read it you would have picked another title for this tread. By the title only you start to aggitate...
You in your opening post (aka the opening post of this godforgotten thread), and in sveral post after that, have claimed to post an advice of how NF are! Yes, what you say MAY be true on the US servers or they MAY NOT be true. Given that other people that play on the US servers that contradict you leads me to just streangthen my piont, and which have been my point all along: You claim, from your 1st post that "this is how what I've seen and felt about it and it is like this 'cus I say so!!!11eleven"
And many, including me, after I finally picked up this thread, have questioned what makes you the person to predict the coming of NF on the EU servers? You don't even play here....
And you show post by post that you are trying to defend yourself by namecalling and flaming of other that haven't flamed you aka not shared your opinion...

Hmm that's really coherent. I mean, always nice to know that someone who can't form a basic sentence is trying to contend with my might. Of course the title is designed to grab attention, I'm good at what I do. However, you were under no obligation to read it. You could also stop (!) reading at any point should you be offended - and above all, all you Sigurd haters should, by now, realize that most of my posts are contraversial, and therefore (!) know what to expect. What makes me the person to predict the coming of NF on the EU servers? Well I don't currently play on the EU servers but I have in the past... granted they could have drastically changed in the time I've been away, but I doubt it. Last I checked, I was free to predict whatever I wanted: for example I could predict you'll be killed by a falling piano next week. Oh, and the other people playing on the US servers? Crypt? He's just a kid. No idea why he changed his name, but I don't think he likes being hated as much as me. :fluffle: I know of other more.. respected people who play in the US servers, but they haven't appeared in this thread, so...

Zebolt said:
Wtf are you smoking?! I did not even mention you being an amarican, and you wanna know why? I know you aren't ^^

And those some ppl that like your post must be a very small bunch then judging to the response you got with this post. :D

Don't read it you say? How am I suppose to know if I dislike it if I don't read it? :rolleyes:

Read the above. BTW it's american, not amarican (and to whoever points out it should begin with an A instead of a, they don't deserve that honour)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe those players aren't so hell-bend on carrying their opinions as gospel. ;)

Like with any expansion in any of the MMORPGs, there's always people who predict the end of the world, the death of the game and numerous other disaster scenarios.

I'm just happy it's the American players that can beta-test the expansion before it arrives here.

Relax, people. I't just a game. Noone's opinion about anything here matters one iota in the end. Including my own. :)

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Siggy just out to flame for attention. Same repetitive abuse on every thread he posts on.

Will more than likely end with getting a ban here, just like on Barrysworld.

Tbh if I was a mod I'd already have done it but then I make nazis look like carebears when I'm tasked with keeping something under control so its probably a good job I'm not :D

Sigurd

Banned
I've already been banned here. And I haven't purposefully flamed anyone who hasn't flamed me I think you'll find... and please, remember that I did create this thread to HELP such optimistic little fellows as yourself.

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
by calling em stupid and ignorant and such? :touch: really im not looking forward to NF myself, thats just cause i dont see whats so intresting about it :eek:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:
Once again you prove yourself to be a fucktard. I don't care about rankings or anything... I play the game for fun. Can you grasp that with your tiny mind? Great! Now look back at the first post. Was it a flame? Nope. Consequent posts by others did however flame me, and so I didn't start this crap. And people respect you on your server... go you! For all I care, Jesus may love you, but I think you're a ****.
Well if you have so much fun playing the game why whine so much about it and say that it suck? Im not calling myself and expert or anything but read your first post and say how much it looks like a person who love the game and have fun playing it wrote it. Looks kinda the opposite ><

And I look back at the first post and I still find it a whine, and so does most ppl in this thread.. majority allways wins? ;)

Sigurd said:
BTW it's american, not amarican (and to whoever points out it should begin with an A instead of a, they don't deserve that honour)
OMG, Im so sorry for my typo mr.ineverpressthewrongkeybymistakeguy :puke:

Got out of names to call me so you had to start with a silly typo? gratz irl etc :<

Sigurd

Banned
I could never run out of names for you, monkeyfuck. No, you see I still enjoy some aspects of the game - but high level RvR is no longer one of them, mmkay?

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Let the people have a try at it for themselves, and after that making up an opinion.

Some might stay, some might leave, who the **** cares if you hate it, myself i like a good siege, the OPTd grps cant run milegate>milegate>milegate nomore? well what do you know! a challenge!

the game is evolving, accept it or stop playing (some may have said this before, i dunno, cant be arsed to read the 14 page long threat right now tbh)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:
I could never run out of names for you, monkeyfuck. No, you see I still enjoy some aspects of the game - but high level RvR is no longer one of them, mmkay?
So just stop playing high level RvR then. Thats much easier than to whine about it just cuz' you aren't good enough to play it.. But I can understand it's not easy beeing jealous on the ppl that still can :fluffle:

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Glacier said:
Let the people have a try at it for themselves, and after that making up an opinion.

Some might stay, some might leave, who the **** cares if you hate it, myself i like a good siege, the OPTd grps cant run milegate>milegate>milegate nomore? well what do you know! a challenge!

the game is evolving, accept it or stop playing (some may have said this before, i dunno, cant be arsed to read the 14 page long threat right now tbh)

Thats the problem... Sigard thinks that his portrail of DAoC NF will be the same for every person, and subsequently is trying to brain wash all teh rest of us that its a bag of shite and not worth playing.

Sigard stop being a patronising **** and piss off, i hope you get banned tbh.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd, you said every tank should delete their characters and in some reply I said that this will prolly change if it is how you say it is.

From Herald:
More Active Roles For Melee in Siege
Posted By: Sanya Thomas
2004-07-15 18:20:52

It has been three and a half weeks since the launch of New Frontiers, and your feedback has really helped us make the launch smooth and the expansion a success. As with any project this enormous, we’ve been carefully observing the general ebb and flow of battle, and reading your thoughtful comments now that you’ve had a chance to fully experience much of what the expansion has to offer. One of the top requests of our community was that we provide more siege options for character classes without much range capability. We have greatly increased the emphasis on siege warfare in the new expansion, and we appreciate that many of our “tank” players want a more active role in that.

Today’s “recall” addition is the first of two steps in our plan. (By swearing fealty to the lord or captain of a besieged structure, a player can benefit by having his body recalled to that lord or captain.) The purpose of this addition is to provide our players with limited or no range capability to leave the structure and engage in combat without entirely sacrificing the support of his comrades in arms.

The next step works hand in hand with the recall feature – more postern doors. In patch notes to come in the near future, we will be adding postern (small “back”) doors to towers upgraded to level four or better. At the same time, we plan to add more postern doors to all of the keeps, and at a lower level than before. The intent is that the postern door feature be available more often, and easier to acquire.

As you can see, the two features will allow our close range combatants to seek out the enemy on the field. It will still be dangerous, and require great courage – but it will no longer require a total sacrifice.

We look forward to feedback on the features when they are both on Pendragon.

Seems like a nice change, and there will prolly be more changes for melee classes too. Will see how it turns out (so should you before saying its absolute shit).

Consider that the current patch is never the final game before you make your next whine imo.

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
every patch DAoC gets worse for some reason or another, it seems to me that goa/mythic have a bunch of munkees who know very little about what rvr is actually like tbh ..all 3 realms have never been & never will be balanced, there will always be 1 realm which is over powered after patches etc.. What annoys me is they have no excuse, DAoC EU has it easy when it comes to trying any new changes as they already have guinnea pigs over in US so they should know what to implement & not what to implement, but guaranteed every patch ..theres a major flaw in the balancing of all 3 realms
& mythic take far too long to sort it (usually next patch) which is a complete joke.
Think the only reason why i play DAoC atm, its not because i like the game (its just an addiction atm, a bit like drugs, no matter how crap they are...u go back for more :p ) but because ive met some good friend's within DAoC & this is what probably keeps me comming back, if it wasn't for this...id have left daoc along time ago.

Roll on Dark & Light ...summit that will finally show DAoC how rvr/kvk etc should be done properly ;)

www.darkandlight.com :)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:

Enough is enough, control your temper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom