The frustration of crafters

W

Wise Crafter

good idea, but needs some more discussion though, but I'm up for that one. 1 question though, what to do for those, who are not registered and still keeps underpricing stuff ?

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by Wise Crafter
good idea, but needs some more discussion though, but I'm up for that one. 1 question though, what to do for those, who are not registered and still keeps underpricing stuff ?

Im thinking along the lines of tieing em up and slapping em silly with mselly old haddocks.

U

ukm_thorgrim

black list

black list them tell all who wish to buy the web address for confirm of good & bad crafters & Traders.

sorry wrote this whilest at work. not really sat down and worked out all the pro's and cons.

UKM_Thorgrim UK Mercs. UK's only registered on line gaming group.

S

Simius

Any attempt at fixing prices will inevitably fail by natural market economics. You will never get everyone to agree to it, those that dont will charge less, more people will buy from them, they sell more, you sell less... etc. As much as a good idea it may or may not be, the simple fact is that it will never work.

And what about spellcrafting? I only ask for cost price and a tip if the customer is satisfied, does this mean I would go on the blacklist?

U

ukm_thorgrim

sorry wrote this whilest at work. not really sat down and worked out all the pro's and cons.
would really need to sit down and work it out. or even discuss it on here, as i said in my first post its an idea, and needs work.

M

Mishy

lol, let people charge what they want, you guys are kidding yourselves if you went in to crafting to get rich - that may have been the case 1 year ago when there was just 1 or 2 legendary crafters, but there is over 40 legendary weaponcrafters today alone.

There is too many crafters, not enough customers. Someone will always undercut you.

Hinges, are the answer, always a big supply of diamond seals, or other salvageable loot, and the merchant never complains about buying them.

C

ChillyDawg

iv got a better idea.

Lets form a union, then picket caer diogel and down our planes, hammers, sewing kits, alch kits, SC kits, pestles and mortars and the rest of it! see how long the stlong albion whiners can live without us ,)

L

-Lillo-

use advanced payment system. Ask for 5p on set 99/MP orders, when u run out you ask if you should continue. If they want you too, ask em for another 5p pre payment.

This way, both parties have to trust each other and nobody gets screwed.

K

Keogh

I completely agree with you Timer. I originally started my Tailor so I could salvage and trinket df swords. But once I got to 800+ I thought why not go all the way to 1100+. So I did.

Then I decided that I'd take orders from my fellow Albs, and for a while I did. But a few days ago an Alb PM'd me asking if I had any lvl51 cloth instock, Robe, sleeves and legs, which I did so I gave him my price which is always amount of retrys +20%. He said yep thats OK could I meet him at Goth Harbour, which I did.

Once I got there he said "My guild tailor said that price is too high" so I told him thats the price. Just a 20% profit, no more. So he told me he'd not bother.

Whilst all I can say to people like that, those who have already said OK to the price you give them, is fuck you then :D (i never said that to him, I am far too polite. I said it in /as) I really owe him as he made my mind up and I know no longer craft for anyone who's not in my Guild or Alliance.

Now I mainly make shed loads of cash doing what I created this crafter for in the first place. Salvaging and trinketing.

So thank you xxxxx from xxxxxxxxx xxxxx you've made my life easier. But fuck you anyway :D

S

sverdidi

I have a lgm tailor and armorcrafter, but since i always loose money while making 99's I stopped crafting, and even when i make a rare MP, I almost cant get rid of it (and no, my prices aint high)

Luckely i had also a lgm alchemist where qua doesnt matter and alchemy is the only trade were you can make profit instead of loosing money....

W

Wot-do

!

Just face is, hard to make money on crafting, unless u are v.lucky, or just making orders.

I´m legendary armorcrafter and i quitted crafting long ago. Wish i stopped at 800, buying/farming seals and hinge is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread