Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Weak, considering. Verstappen will kill someone one day, the way he drives at times.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Weak, considering. Verstappen will kill someone one day, the way he drives at times.
max had the choice to go across the corner lewis was more than along side going into the corner imo. But unlike at turn 4 where lewis bailed the corner. Max seemed to drive like there was a wall there or something.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Verstappen to start from the back of the grid. So lewis 3 place penalty not doing him much good really.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Verstappen was always going to need a new engine (and therefore a back-of-grid start) at some point so as soon as the grid penalty was announced it was pretty obvious they'd take the hit this weekend.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I wonder who he crashes into chasing a points finish.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally I think if you get another penalty that puts you at the back of the grid the others should be rolled over.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Why does the worst shit always happen to the nicest people :(

Okay, maybe not the worst.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lando's team should've seen that coming. It's all very well saying "oh it's stopped raining" but that amount of rain that fell out of the sky about 2 minutes later would've been so obvious on the radar. Hamilton didn't want to pit but Mercedes told him to because more rain was coming.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lando's team should've seen that coming. It's all very well saying "oh it's stopped raining" but that amount of rain that fell out of the sky about 2 minutes later would've been so obvious on the radar. Hamilton didn't want to pit but Mercedes told him to because more rain was coming.

Lando called it, then regretted it tbh

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Verstappen's to lose now. I might put some money on him ramming into someone and getting a DNF again though.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So, back of the grid for Hamilton for the sprint race and then, wherever he finishes, he'll get pushed back 5 places for the race proper because of the previous penalty.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
£10 says Verstappen tries to take Hamilton out if he tries to pass.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Absolutely outstanding couple of races from Lewis. Now into the last 3 races which favour the straight-line speed of the Merc, 14 points in it.

We still haven't seen the onboard of Verstappen when he pushed Hamilton off the track but it looked like he could've tried a lot harder to turn in. It seemed mad that they didn't even deem it worthy of investigation.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

It sounds like there's going to be plenty of room to appeal/protest Verstappen's non-penalty - the stewards didn't look at the telemetry and didn't have access to his front-facing onboard camera when they decided to not investigate when this angle makes it abundantly clear that he straightened out a bit, halfway through the corner.

That's not "he was on the limit and couldn't turn any more to make the corner", it's "he made a conscious decision to move across the track halfway through the corner and force Hamilton off".

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Pz5Pvry.jpg

It's not as egregious as I expected but Verstappen definitely could've made more of an effort to make the corner. I've seen people saying Verstappen was level going into the corner but that's not difficult if you brake late with no intention of making the corner - Hamilton was the best part of a car length ahead going into the braking zone.

Embattle

FH is my second home
A few penalties today, Verstappen gets a 5 place drop for not respecting double waved yellows and Bottas gets a 3 for not slowing down under a yellow.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
... Alonso behind Lewis on the clean side of the grid !! ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom