Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This race could be carnage... terrifying closing speeds coming up in quali!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell, what a race so far.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Verstappen really is a complete fucking bellend.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Verstappen summoned to the stewards

Andrew Benson

BBC Sport’s chief F1 writer

Verstappen is summoned to the stewards for an alleged breach of Breach of Article 2 (d) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code.

This says: "Causing a collision. Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of control over the car (such as leaving the track) will be reported to the Stewards and may entail the imposition of penalties up to and including the exclusion of any driver concerned."

Wij

I am a FH squatter
A punishment that has no net effect is not really a deterrent.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think the FIA are to blame for that one.

It clearly shows there's a flaw in giving up places - there should be confirmation between both teams before places are given up.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
By design there should be, the message goes out to both teams, who advise both drivers, drivers sort it out. In this case, they had literally just told merc when Verstappen rammed on the brakes in the middle of the track.

Verstappen did that on purpose (again) and avoided any meaningful punishment (again) he will kill someone, one day.

I would rather Hamilton won it on the track, and it should be an epic final race, but this shit needs to stop.

Gwadien

By design there should be, the message goes out to both teams, who advise both drivers, drivers sort it out. In this case, they had literally just told merc when Verstappen rammed on the brakes in the middle of the track.

Verstappen did that on purpose (again) and avoided any meaningful punishment (again) he will kill someone, one day.

I would rather Hamilton won it on the track, and it should be an epic final race, but this shit needs to stop.

The thing is that the hate for Hamilton is also pretty high so in the court of public opinion they're pretty level pegging.

That being said though it does appear that Mercedes are actively trying to become the 'bigger' ones of the two.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The thing is that the hate for Hamilton is also pretty high so in the court of public opinion they're pretty level pegging.

That being said though it does appear that Mercedes are actively trying to become the 'bigger' ones of the two.

It's funny, I've been following F1 for a very long time (I went to my first race as a nipper in 1979) and I've very rarely taken a personal dislike to individual drivers or teams, with a couple of exceptions. I never really liked Michael Schumacher because of all the cheating, and for some reason I've never liked the Red Bull team. Something about them has rubbed me the wrong way since the get go. Then we get Max Verstappen. He drives for a horrible team, with a horrible Team Principle (five minutes of Drive To Survive shows what a cunt Horner is, and Helmut Marko is worse) with a horrible Dad (Jos Verstappen is a very nasty piece of work), and yet I still try to give Max the benefit of the doubt because he is a very talented driver. But fuck me he makes it difficult.

Meanwhile, Hamilton is certainly a pretentious twat, but over the last few races I've wanted him to win more than I think I have for any other driver in 40 years because the whole Red Bull team make my skin crawl.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's funny, I've been following F1 for a very long time (I went to my first race as a nipper in 1979) and I've very rarely taken a personal dislike to individual drivers or teams, with a couple of exceptions. I never really liked Michael Schumacher because of all the cheating, and for some reason I've never liked the Red Bull team. Something about them has rubbed me the wrong way since the get go. Then we get Max Verstappen. He drives for a horrible team, with a horrible Team Principle (five minutes of Drive To Survive shows what a cunt Horner is, and Helmut Marko is worse) with a horrible Dad (Jos Verstappen is a very nasty piece of work), and yet I still try to give Max the benefit of the doubt because he is a very talented driver. But fuck me he makes it difficult.

Meanwhile, Hamilton is certainly a pretentious twat, but over the last few races I've wanted him to win more than I think I have for any other driver in 40 years because the whole Red Bull team make my skin crawl.
I only really remember Jos Verstappen for being on fire. What else has he done?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He was an absolute dickhead towards Max growing up as well. Some defend it as "tough love" but some of the accounts I remember reading resembled little more than child abuse.

Gwadien

It's funny you say that, I was talking to the Fencing coach at school (don't get excited he comes in for free for 1 hour week) and he basically came to the conclusion that all the tip top racers are essentially cheats and/or risk other lives.

I think Hamilton/Mercedes are intentionally making a point if being the more grown up of the two in the last couple of races.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hamilton races hard when he needs to, he doesn't deliberately try and crash.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So excited for this race and Brundle's grid walk is brilliant today.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What the fuck is Bottas doing?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT???
A gift to Redbull from an incompetent race director who must've been lambasted by them to change his mind on the lapped cars overtaking. Why else would he flipflop like that?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This as as much real sport as WWE. "Let's just change the rules on the last lap".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom