Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Great drive from Ocon, great recovery from Lewis and a hilariously bad day for Verstappen. It's incredible to think Red Bull as a team have only got 1 constructors point over the last 2 races.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Fucking stupid thing to say; like Bottas planned to play pool with cars and pot the blue off the orange.

Although it was silly, he got bogged down on his start then proceeded to be going too fast into the braking area.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He fucked it up but I'm erring on the side of Rosberg here (which is weird and I don't like but he's actually been really good this weekend), Bottas had just been pinched slightly by Perez and Norris so had had to back out a bit and it messed his approach to the corner up.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Looks like Hamilton might be getting promoted to second...

Vettel apparently only had enough fuel left to provide a 0.3L sample.

I guess it gives the tinfoil brigade a bit more ammunition... already seeing comments about how it's a fix to make sure Hamilton gets more points.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They're appealing it but the FIA apparently gave them several opportunities to pump the required amount of fuel out of the car and all they could produce was 0.3L. It's a pretty black and white rule - if you can't produce 1L then you get sanctioned.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They're appealing it but the FIA apparently gave them several opportunities to pump the required amount of fuel out of the car and all they could produce was 0.3L. It's a pretty black and white rule - if you can't produce 1L then you get sanctioned.

They have enough sensors to know how low it is and they could of slowed down but they just tried too hard to catch Ocon and then make sure they finished ahead of LH, which ironically means they've been disqualified.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Also reading on the BBC:

Not only that, but there is a strong possibility that Verstappen is looking at grid penalties later in the year. Honda had hoped that the engine in his car in the Silverstone crash would be salvageable. They checked it in Japan between the two races and ran it on the first two days in Hungary, but then discovered a crack and had to change it for the race.

The result is Verstappen is now on his third and final permitted engine, and it won't be easy to eke out the remaining engine miles they have for however many races remain in this Covid-affected season without taking a fourth.

Probably have to runner it at lower power levels to make it last.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And Red Bull think Perez's engine is screwed after the smash at the start yesterday as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They aren't having much luck! Which is a shame for the competition this season.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just watched it. Was gutted that ver beat him at the last second. Cant wait to see him push lewis in a merc. Hope the new power units and rules dont screw the teams too much next year.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
PSA:

It is a sprint weekend so Quali is at 5pm BST today.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I love the sprint, I wish they did it before the race that was cancelled, that would be far more fair way of deciding a 'winner'

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The sprint wont be till tomorrow. Its normal quali today to decide what starting places the sprint start at

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom