Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Still a utterly shit race track, anything interesting either comes from a pit or if someone crashes.

Last edited:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I was reading that the only on track overtake was Mick on his team mate on the first lap.

Yep - 100% correct. Was all about tactics and pitstops, which personally I don't mind but many average viewers would see it and prefer the BBC 2 afternoon 60's war flick tbh....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Monaco as a track is fine it's just that the cars are 5 times bigger than they used to be and the aero-perfectionism that all the teams strive for hasn't helped.

tbro51dbc4v61.png

The aero is going to be simplified but the cars aren't going to get any smaller so it'll continue to be a dull race but as an event it'll never be removed from the calendar.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Monaco is the classic though, sure it might be considered boring but it also means there's more variety in strategy.

Could just go watch nascar? :D

Embattle

FH is my second home
If the goal is to increase overtaking in F1 then Monaco should of been ditched years ago, even DRS is useless at Monaco.

Gwadien

If the goal is to increase overtaking in F1 then Monaco should of been ditched years ago, even DRS is useless at Monaco.

But there is overtaking, look at bloody Vettel, he did an incredible job.

As I say, I don't like the idea of circuits being generic to avoid pissing off Sir Hamilton of Lewis.

Embattle

FH is my second home
But there is overtaking, look at bloody Vettel, he did an incredible job.

As I say, I don't like the idea of circuits being generic to avoid pissing off Sir Hamilton of Lewis.

Overtaking that doesn't only happen in the pits, it has nothing to do with Lewis Hamilton either.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not a good showing from Pirelli. Two tyre failures on the fastest straight in the calendar.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Looks like the tyre wall blew out from the pictures.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hopefully a good restart but yeh, Pirelli have a lot of questions to answer. Two fucking scary high speed straight line crashes is not good :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think have 2 Bacu’s and no Monaco’s tbh.

and lewis out breaking himself 🤨

think if had made that turn he would have won it.

great race and they stayed put of the wall on turn 15 :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It turns out Lewis accidentally switched to the "magic" preset (a mode for following the safety car that pushes the brake balance massively to the front) which caused (or contributed massively to) his lock-up going into T1. It did seem weird at the time, it looked like he had it completely under control to be able to turn in then suddenly tyre smoke everywhere and he disappeared from the shot.

George Russell mentioning it:

Gwadien

It turns out Lewis accidentally switched to the "magic" preset (a mode for following the safety car that pushes the brake balance massively to the front) which caused (or contributed massively to) his lock-up going into T1. It did seem weird at the time, it looked like he had it completely under control to be able to turn in then suddenly tyre smoke everywhere and he disappeared from the shot.

George Russell mentioning it:

The commentator said before the restart that this bit will 'seperate the boys from the men'

Then Hamilton made a school boy error.

To quote the great Job 'u cudnt mek it up'

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Amazing race all round, IMO (y)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Norris front row, what a performance by him.

The most startling thing about Lando this season is his pace over Danny Ric... Danny's seriously underperforming...

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Utterly incredible pace from that McLaren today - seriously impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom