The European Lurikeen Invasion, details inside!

K

krait

Not tried it out yet.......hmmm.......Luridgreen.......or is that Pistaykeen ;)

O

old.Freda

Am I too late to sign up for this????

Quiet fancy making a bolg slave..... Maybe a nice bard?

Well here goes nothing!!

Fatbolg bard coming up!!!

Freda

A

Astrakhan

French for Mentalist is Empathe - I know because I is one.

Lirukeen, 5 Mentalist, Orcaine

O

old.arneduck

For you joing now, and for some reason cant decide what class to play, i can report that The Invasion need more champions (tanks) and Bolg slaves.

And did anyone set up our Keen Forum? We could really use one.

T

Tasans

Yeah i figured out which one was the mentalist...i saw a eldri something trainer an enchant something and last one was an Empathe trainer :)

O

old.job

Race

I found an American guild which organise a new years day lurikeen race, all names must be run*** and the character has to be lvl 1, guild members dye themselves as marshalls and sit along the course, no horses or hopping on bards obviously, but normal speed increase can be used, money and weapons as prizes for your main character, the thought of loads of lurikeens lined up and the running across Hib, what a laugh.

O

old.Gillaien

count me in next time :D

Still undecided on what char I gonna play though... bolg or keen... well we'll see then :D

S

SilverHood

what classes are available?

I quite fancy a caster class (have tank and archer on other server)

eldricths are the nukers right? mentalists are what exactly?
enchanter have those underhil dudes right?

O

old.Gillaien

Lurikeen can be:

mages
-Enchanter (have a pet)
-Mentalist (charm humanoids, mana regen, some DoTs, nukes etc)
-Eldritch (the one with the firepower)

rogues
-Ranger
-Nightshade

fighters
-Champion

They are best at playing mages, then comes rogues, then fighters. In fact they make very poor champs, but very funny ones :D

Firbolg Naturalists can be

-Bard
-Druid
-Warden

but I guess that's clear :)

S

SilverHood

Might go for a ranger when I get home from work

notsokeen will be there shortly

A

Astrakhan

mages
-Enchanter (have a pet)
-Mentalist (charm humanoids, mana regen, some DoTs, nukes etc)
-Eldritch (the one with the firepower)

Well, err, no, actually Ments can't charm in any meaningful way at the current patch level. But they do get heals (not rezz though) and a single target mezz, both of which are really useful in PvE up to lvl 25 or so, especially as Keens can't be Bards, Druids or Wardens who normally do the CC and healing.

Eldies also some in two distinct flavours, Void specced who are ranged heavy artillery and PBAoE who have to stand right close to the mobs but do devastating AoE damage.

For Bolg naturalists, we need Bards for the Endurance song and CC.

O

old.Freda

Ok Fatbolg is now a lvl 7 druid and glad to be of service to her masters :D

We've had a good discussion about lastnames

I suggested <charname> Keenslave For bolgs

And bigbonebolg put forward <charname> Bolgmaster for u keens

Looks good.. What u think guys? Lets have some fun!! :clap:

Freda aka Fatbolg

O

old.Gillaien

This is Bigbonebolg, lvl 6 Bard ready for duty :D

Was real fun today, and we are alread working on some stuff like irc channel and that to make this guild a real one :D

This is gonna be great :)

A

Aeiedil

They are best at playing mages, then comes rogues, then fighters. In fact they make very poor champs, but very funny ones

Luris make THE BEST nightshades, and maybe ranges, but def the best nightshades :)

Manachanters are cool aswell, BOOM

M

matax

Well our guild leader is a Lurikeen Champion on Hib/Prydwen and as she's level 43 they can't be that bad :)

O

old.azorius

Darn, I missed it :)

Still, I'll start Lookathimheskeen tonight or some such name :)

The screenies look great, Ragnkeen post some on our site too :

www.warriorsofthemist.com

Excellent.

Cheers

T

Tasans

The surnames sound great I'm in.
This is fun I'm looking forward for the rvr night :)

O

old.azorius

Sorted - Deadlykeen is in :)

Eldritch I reckon.

Cheers

O

old.Obelix

Cullkeen here, i missed the RvR but i still had a great time listening to the horde screaming KEEN DOWN! everytime i got aggro from the lough wolves.

great playing with all you keens, ill be back tommorow ;)

Cullkeen - lvl 5 Ranger

O

old.arneduck

Ok, i thought i was gonna start the irc channel #lurikeen on Quakenet but it looks like someone beat me to it :)
Well, we are going to get the L bot for the channel (until its a big enough channel to get the Q bot, details on http://www.quakenet.eu.org ).

Lets hope everything goes well, and i guess the 8 Leaders (or something) wants a word in how auto-ops and voice's are sorted...
(I was thinking of a system with the Keens getting +o, and Bolgs geetting +v :D. Rest get noting, feel free to comment.)

Also the forum is up and running at: http://www.echsi.de/phpBB2/index.php?c=3

B

Belsameth

I have found a cunning scheme to post 25 orso screenies...
will do that tonight..:clap:

K

Keri

I have been reading one of the French forums (my French is just about good enough to get the gist of what they are saying). Some are po'd that we "English" are "invading" their server ... I think they see Lurikeen Invasion as meaning that we are invading them. Others think it's funny, and massed keens are cute. One suggested they make a kobold invasion guild in Mid/Orcanie, to have battles with us.

But the best suggestion I saw there was that they create a Firbolg guild ... with the sole purpose of protecting the keens. The idea is that both guilds go to RvR, with keens hiding inside the firbolgs until the last minute, when we rush out and slaughter the enemy!! I laughed so hard at this idea!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: for the French on Orcanie!!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Keri
But the best suggestion I saw there was that they create a Firbolg guild ... with the sole purpose of protecting the keens. The idea is that both guilds go to RvR, with keens hiding inside the firbolgs until the last minute, when we rush out and slaughter the enemy!! I laughed so hard at this idea!!!
HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!
Although a huge lurikeen vs. kobold war would be hilarious.

C

cleeve

Revorkeen was born on Friday and I had a laugh wandering around Orcanie with my fellow Keen brethren

A note on Lurikeen Champions

1.) large Weapon is a must

2.) If a champion gets a debuff in - the monsters going down - good & hard. That coupled with DD insta and lw slaps = uberchamps

IMO the best champion class are Lurikeens - especially with Large weapon - it makes iup for the low con and str

Revor

O

old.dittytwo

ok when is the next invasion planed for

when are we going to do it again
I unfotunately missed the show due to the GOD DAM ROOF (sorry)
leaking all over my computer equipment
but luckily a quick hair dry and all is working again

F

Flimgoblin

Been reading the ign boards... there's a new force in town....

The Kobold Insurrection :)
We need one on Orcaine.

I'd offer to lead one but I don't speak french (it'd be good for the GM to be able to deal with any complaints about members being arsey) and I don't really have the time to be dedicated to it.

We need a leader... I'll sign up gladly if someone wants to take the reins.

M

matax

I think the French were talking about doing this on their forum post about our ikkle invasion

O

old.tuppe

it was meaning same time this friday, what is in first post.
9pm gmt.
start point mag mell!

Wowkeen lvl 5 hunter/nightshade

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom